Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well I had a go last night: volumio does control the shd vc with its vc.
    Otherwise I drew a complete blank. I tried changing the output device from the drop down and simply inserting -V digital, none of the permutations worked.
    I tried SSH ing and running squeezelite -l but all I got was command not recognised.

I canĺt work out the name for the mixer device. If volumio can control thr dac vc then surely squeezelite should be able to, but I canĺt seem to get anywhere

You can list the mixers available for a device with squeezelite.
    You must specify the -o option with your card, before the -L on the command line, otherwise squeezelite listed the mixer device(s) for the default device.

$ squeezelite -o hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -L
    Volume controls for hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry
    Analogue
    Analogue Playback Boost
    Digital
    Max Overclock DAC
    Max Overclock DSP
    Max Overclock PLL

$ squeezelite -L
    Volume controls for default
    Headphone
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    You can list the mixers available for a device with squeezelite.
    You must specify the -o option with your card, before the -L on the command line, otherwise squeezelite listed the mixer device(s) for the default device.

$ squeezelite -o hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -L
    Volume controls for hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry
    Analogue
    Analogue Playback Boost
    Digital
    Max Overclock DAC
    Max Overclock DSP
    Max Overclock PLL

$ squeezelite -L
    Headphone
    Thanks -I will have another go, but last night I just got something along the lines of "BASH squeezelite command not recognised" even though squeezelite seemed to run fine. Do I need to be in a particular place in the directory structure for this to work?

This does not seem normal to me:

x@minidsp-shd:/$ squeezelite -L
    -bash: squeezelite: command not found
    x@minidsp-shd:/$

[username deleted as minidsp made me swear to secrecy].

@schoeppi @tw99 do you have any idea why I can't use the squeezelite command, or otherise how to set up squeezelite under minidspshd to control hardware vc

It appears the squeezelite is not in your PATH and that's why the command fails.

You can try running this command to try and locate it.

find / -name squeezelite

Mine returns

/usr/local/bin/squeezelite
    Ralphy

Digital Room Correction with theHiFiBerry DSP card

Am 04.08.2021 um 14:13 schrieb ralphy:

It appears the squeezelite is not in your PATH and that's why the
    command fails.

You can try running this command to try and locate it.

find / -name squeezelite

On my MiniDSP squeezelite is located in /opt. /opt isn't in the path, so
    maybe thats the reason why squezzelite can not be found on your system.

Cheers,

┬ Schoepp

Thanks both i will have a go at adding /opt or wherever squeezelite is to the path

Code:
    volumiooem@minidsp-shd:/opt$ squeezelite -L

volumiooem@minidsp-shd:/opt$ squeezelite -l
    Output devices:
      null                           - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (ca                                            pture)
      default:CARD=Out               - I2S Out, ff010000.i2s-pcm5102a-hifi pcm5102a-hifi-0 - Defau                                            lt Audio Device
      sysdefault:CARD=Out            - I2S Out, ff010000.i2s-pcm5102a-hifi pcm5102a-hifi-0 - Defau                                            lt Audio Device
      dmix:CARD=Out,DEV=0            - I2S Out, ff010000.i2s-pcm5102a-hifi pcm5102a-hifi-0 - Direc                                            t sample mixing device
      dsnoop:CARD=Out,DEV=0          - I2S Out, ff010000.i2s-pcm5102a-hifi pcm5102a-hifi-0 - Direc                                            t sample snooping device
      hw:CARD=Out,DEV=0              - I2S Out, ff010000.i2s-pcm5102a-hifi pcm5102a-hifi-0 - Direc                                            t hardware device without any conversions
      plughw:CARD=Out,DEV=0          - I2S Out, ff010000.i2s-pcm5102a-hifi pcm5102a-hifi-0 - Hardw                                            are device with all software conversions
      default:CARD=SPDIF             - SPDIF, ff030000.spdif-dit-hifi dit-hifi-0 - Default Audio D                                            evice
      sysdefault:CARD=SPDIF          - SPDIF, ff030000.spdif-dit-hifi dit-hifi-0 - Default Audio D                                            evice
      dmix:CARD=SPDIF,DEV=0          - SPDIF, ff030000.spdif-dit-hifi dit-hifi-0 - Direct sample m                                            ixing device
      dsnoop:CARD=SPDIF,DEV=0        - SPDIF, ff030000.spdif-dit-hifi dit-hifi-0 - Direct sample s                                            nooping device
      hw:CARD=SPDIF,DEV=0            - SPDIF, ff030000.spdif-dit-hifi dit-hifi-0 - Direct hardware                                             device without any conversions
      plughw:CARD=SPDIF,DEV=0        - SPDIF, ff030000.spdif-dit-hifi dit-hifi-0 - Hardware device                                             with all software conversions

^Cvolumiooem@minidsp-shd:/opt$ squeezelite -o plughw:CARD=Out -L
    Volume controls for plughw:CARD=Out
    Am I right in thinking this means there is no volume control ascoiuated with the I2S out?
    If so how does volumio (non squeezelite) control the vc?

Quote Originally Posted by adamdea View Post
    Code:
    volumiooem@minidsp-shd:/opt$ squeezelite -L

volumiooem@minidsp-shd:/opt$ squeezelite -l
    Output devices:
      null                           - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (ca                                            pture)
      default:CARD=Out               - I2S Out, ff010000.i2s-pcm5102a-hifi pcm5102a-hifi-0 - Defau                                            lt Audio Device
      sysdefault:CARD=Out            - I2S Out, ff010000.i2s-pcm5102a-hifi pcm5102a-hifi-0 - Defau                                            lt Audio Device
      dmix:CARD=Out,DEV=0            - I2S Out, ff010000.i2s-pcm5102a-hifi pcm5102a-hifi-0 - Direc                                            t sample mixing device
      dsnoop:CARD=Out,DEV=0          - I2S Out, ff010000.i2s-pcm5102a-hifi pcm5102a-hifi-0 - Direc                                            t sample snooping device
      hw:CARD=Out,DEV=0              - I2S Out, ff010000.i2s-pcm5102a-hifi pcm5102a-hifi-0 - Direc                                            t hardware device without any conversions
      plughw:CARD=Out,DEV=0          - I2S Out, ff010000.i2s-pcm5102a-hifi pcm5102a-hifi-0 - Hardw                                            are device with all software conversions
      default:CARD=SPDIF             - SPDIF, ff030000.spdif-dit-hifi dit-hifi-0 - Default Audio D                                            evice
      sysdefault:CARD=SPDIF          - SPDIF, ff030000.spdif-dit-hifi dit-hifi-0 - Default Audio D                                            evice
      dmix:CARD=SPDIF,DEV=0          - SPDIF, ff030000.spdif-dit-hifi dit-hifi-0 - Direct sample m                                            ixing device
      dsnoop:CARD=SPDIF,DEV=0        - SPDIF, ff030000.spdif-dit-hifi dit-hifi-0 - Direct sample s                                            nooping device
      hw:CARD=SPDIF,DEV=0            - SPDIF, ff030000.spdif-dit-hifi dit-hifi-0 - Direct hardware                                             device without any conversions
      plughw:CARD=SPDIF,DEV=0        - SPDIF, ff030000.spdif-dit-hifi dit-hifi-0 - Hardware device                                             with all software conversions

^Cvolumiooem@minidsp-shd:/opt$ squeezelite -o plughw:CARD=Out -L
    Volume controls for plughw:CARD=Out
    Am I right in thinking this means there is no volume control ascoiuated with the I2S out?
    If so how does volumio (non squeezelite) control the vc?
    A hardware mixer might be obsured using plughw:

I never use it as it "hides" the actual audio formats supported by the dac, which cripples many of the features that are built into squeezelite, like the resampler.

Try

squeezelite -o hw:CARD=Out -L
    Ralphy