Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is SqueezePlay still under development?

I get much of the third party stuff and all the little bits of abandoned Squeeze software mixed up and really haven't been paying much attention in recent years.

I often use SqueezePlay and LMS to play music on my Windows machines. If anyone is still developing this, or has an interest in doing so, one small request I have is an option to minimize the program to the system tray on Windows, so that it doesn't take up a place on the taskbar, and would more-or-less run in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    I get much of the third party stuff and all the little bits of abandoned Squeeze software mixed up and really haven't been paying much attention in recent years.

I often use SqueezePlay and LMS to play music on my Windows machines. If anyone is still developing this, or has an interest in doing so, one small request I have is an option to minimize the program to the system tray on Windows, so that it doesn't take up a place on the taskbar, and would more-or-less run in the background.
    I think most people moved to Squeezelite-X, which probably suits your needs as well. It is available via the Microsoft Store.
    Living Room: RPI2+HifiBerry DAC+ Pro & piCorePlayer
    Attic: RPI2+HifiBerry DAC+ RCA & piCorePlayer
    Other rooms: 6x SB Radio
    LMS: Version 8.2.0 on Xubuntu 21.04

@JJZolx

Ralphy looks after Squeezeplay nowadays

http://https://sourceforge.net/proje...eplay/windows/

and this may also help

http://https://www.cnet.com/how-to/h...ed-in-windows/

ronnir

It's funny, I was just thinking of this....I also use squeezelite-x for playing on my windows machines. Real nice with the material interface built in (is it actually built in or just magic?)

But, my sister just gave me her old set of i buds (the apple bluetooth ear thingies) and I was wondering the best way to listen to my sb system (within wifi range) with them? In some cases I would be out of bluetooth range to a powered device, so would need a battery solution...

squeezeplay app on my android phone?
    bluetooth adaptor for a sb radio? (if such a thing exists)
    rpi with line power or on a battery?

Don't mean this as the thread hijack, but I also wondered about squeezeplay...

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    It's funny, I was just thinking of this....I also use squeezelite-x for playing on my windows machines. Real nice with the material interface built in (is it actually built in or just magic?)

But, my sister just gave me her old set of i buds (the apple bluetooth ear thingies) and I was wondering the best way to listen to my sb system (within wifi range) with them? In some cases I would be out of bluetooth range to a powered device, so would need a battery solution...

squeezeplay app on my android phone?
    bluetooth adaptor for a sb radio? (if such a thing exists)
    rpi with line power or on a battery?

Don't mean this as the thread hijack, but I also wondered about squeezeplay...

Jim
    There's 2 software players on Android that both work well and I'd recommend either of them TBH

Squeeze player
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....squeezeplayer

Squeezebox player
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.sbplayer

I use the first one because I bought it ages ago and it still works perfectly but the second one seems to be still actively developed so might be my choice now.

Both of these software players for Android are more akin to squeezelite than Squeezeplay as they're both software players only and not a control interface to LMS, start the app and it registers as a player with LMS and then you can use whatever you want to control playback, I use it in conjunction with the Material skin wrapper APK for Android I found in here.

I use an old LG phone with the excellent quad DAC and wired headphones as a headphone dedicated player. Works extremely well.
    Last edited by jimbobvfr400; 2021-06-29 at 00:19.

Another vote for Squeezelite-X for Windows.

Runs in the System Tray, single click and you get a full blown LMS browser (default or Material skin, user configurable) instantly, runs in it's own window so no browser menus or tabs, etc.

There is also a kiosk mode if you wish to have it on the desktop.

Name:  browsermode.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  95.4 KB

Name:  mode.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  76.9 KB
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Living Room: RPI2+HifiBerry DAC+ Pro & piCorePlayer
    Attic: RPI2+HifiBerry DAC+ RCA & piCorePlayer
    Other rooms: 6x SB Radio
    LMS: Version 8.2.0 on Xubuntu 21.04

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobvfr400 View Post
    There's 2 software players on Android that both work well and I'd recommend either of them TBH

Squeeze player
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....squeezeplayer

Squeezebox player
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.sbplayer

I use the first one because I bought it ages ago and it still works perfectly but the second one seems to be still actively developed so might be my choice now.

Both of these software players for Android are more akin to squeezelite than Squeezeplay as they're both software players only and not a control interface to LMS, start the app and it registers as a player with LMS and then you can use whatever you want to control playback, I use it in conjunction with the Material skin wrapper APK for Android I found in here.

I use an old LG phone with the excellent quad DAC and wired headphones as a headphone dedicated player. Works extremely well.
    thanks,

I thought that this would be the cleanest solution. I use Squeeze Cntrl from Angry Goat, and Wayne's support is very good, so I'll try SB Player.

Thank you for the reminder to use an old android phone! Often we toss them in a drawer and forget about them. I have a fish finder/water depth device called "iBobber" that I use an old phone with, in case I drop it into water

Jim

For minimizing (almost) any program to the system tray you can use a little program called RBtray. When you have this program running in the background, right click on any program's minimize button, and it minimizes to the system tray.

Working link to latest SqueezePlay for windows: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...zeplay/windows
    Last edited by CJS; 2021-06-29 at 04:22.
    | LMS 8.2.1 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 7.0.1 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    For minimizing (almost) any program to the system tray you can use a little program called RBtray. When you have this program running in the background, right click on any program's minimize button, and it minimizes to the system tray.
    This is working well for me. Thanks.