Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I've installed this on two of my Radios so far. Works great!

Thanks @POMdev and @rojikewl.

I finally found some time to install wlanpoke on one of my radios. It was a success. After 5 days, no red icon!!!!

Many thanks to POMdev for developing wlanpoke to resolve this problem.
    Thanks to rojikewl for drafting the simplified instructions. I needed that level of detail.

I attempted to install wlanpoke on another one of my radios, but I get the following message when trying to connect:
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-07-15 180941.png
Views: 423
Size:  14.1 KB
    I am not sure why I was successful with first radio but not the second radio. The only difference I can think of is that the second radio is running firmware 7.7.3 R16676, while the first radio is using the community firmware. I have been lazy about updating all of them to the community firmware. (It is recommends a factory reset prior to the update and I do not want to have to enter the wifi password which is a very strong with upper, lower, numbers, and symbols. Plus there is restoring the other settings.)

Any idea on resolving this error message?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    Any idea on resolving this error message?
    a) Have you enabled remote login on that Radio ?
    b) I don't know why you are getting a SFTP message. I assume that you are trying to use SSH.

I sense in reading the Community build forum is that the Wifi interference problem did not impact very many people, so there was limited interest to including it in the community firmware.
    Not so much limited interest, from my point of view, but rather awaiting results of research. Following which, figuring how best to introduce the logic implemented by wlanpoke into the firmware, if that is appropriate.

However, as I don't experience the issue, it would be rather difficult to validate the result...

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    a) Have you enabled remote login on that Radio ?
    b) I don't know why you are getting a SFTP message. I assume that you are trying to use SSH.
    a - yes, that was the first thing I checked. If I disable remote log-in, I get a different message. I turned remote login off and back on again to see it something would get reset.

b- I used the exact same simplified instructions, so I assume that is SSH.

I see the community firmware did the following:
    -Update dropbear ssh server/client to 2019.78 release.
    -Improved dropbear ssh server security.

Not sure why WinSCP does not want to work with the stock firmware vs the community firmware, assuming SSH might be an issue.

I will have to stop being lazy and update the radio to the community firmware and see what happens.

As a side note, I noticed this comment on the Community Firmware under version 8.01 r16815: "Enable ssh remote login by default to aid recovery from an update failure".
    The simplified instructions commented about turning remote login off, perhaps it better to leave it enabled.

Thanks

Paul

Not so much limited interest, from my point of view, but rather awaiting results of research. Following which, figuring how best to introduce the logic implemented by wlanpoke into the firmware, if that is appropriate.

However, as I don't experience the issue, it would be rather difficult to validate the result...
    I understand not making wlanpoke part of the firmware given that the interference problem is not universal, and wanting to do more testing.

What validation of the results is needed to conclude the fix should be added to the community firmware? The other idea I mentioned previously is to create something (applet?) through the plug-in interface that would install the wlanpoke fix. However, I have not gotten a response on the feasibility. I would reach out to POMdev to create an easier implementation path, but I do not have the necessary skills and knowledge.

Thanks for the response!

Paul

Not sure why WinSCP does not want to work with the stock firmware vs the community firmware, assuming SSH might be an issue.
    Ah ha ! Possible light bulb moment: the stock firmware SSH requires the use of older, now outdated, key exchange and cipher algorithms. I guess that a modern WinSCP might not enable these by default. Certainly modern OpenSSH doesn't.

I don't know how one persuades WinSCP to use the older algorithms, but someone will. In openSSH I would be saying something like:

KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
    Ciphers +aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,aes256-cbc

Ah ha ! Possible light bulb moment: the stock firmware SSH requires the use of older, now outdated, key exchange and cipher algorithms. I guess that a modern WinSCP might not enable these by default. Certainly modern OpenSSH doesn't.

I don't know how one persuades WinSCP to use the older algorithms, but someone will. In openSSH I would be saying something like:

KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
    Ciphers +aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,aes256-cbc

User error on my part. The instructions said, "Under Session, for the file protocol, choose SCP." I was using SFTP which worked on the radio with the community firmware, but not on the radio with the default firmware. Using SCP was the solution.

Paul

@rojikewl

Thanks for the clear instructions and for taking the time to do this write up. I've just tried this on one radio that I know for sure has a wifi issue. So far so good. We'll see how many days I can go without experiencing disconnects. I've be using a Vonnets wifi adapter that did the trick but it takes up more room on the countertop and those runway it lights has are very annoying. It will be nice to have the radio's wifi working again.

UE Radio?

Hi all
    I just installed this on one of my SB radio's. Seems to be working fine! Thanks a lot!!

Might this also be working on the UE (Ultimate Ears) Version of the Radio?

Regards
    Ronny