Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    FWIW, I've been running 3 Vonets for 18mo with the SB Power Supply.
    The VAP11G-3OO can run on 5v, so you can use a PS smaller than 15v if you want to power it with a dedicated PS
    (The Vonets has a wide spec of 5VDC to 15VDC, so might be able to handle an add'l 3v ó YMMV)
    Thanks, I have been running most of today with the 18V SB supply and it has been fine and doesn't feel any hotter than when it was running off of 5V. These work much better than wlanpoke, of course you can't run off of the battery. But I only have one that I ever use the battery on, so I think I will use wlanpoke on it and the vonets on the other two.

Is wlanpoke now included in the Community Built Firmware (so no need to install wlanpoke if using it?)
    I am 99% sure that it is NOT in the Community Built Firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmy999 View Post
    I am 99% sure that it is NOT in the Community Built Firmware.
    Then I would think that POMdev should have a separate thread for wlanpoke
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Then I would think that POMdev should have a separate thread for wlanpoke
    Yes, I agree that it seems it would be best if there was a thread dedicated to wlanpoke.

Stupid question - after restarting the radio should scan for wireless networks, right? I had to install wlanpoke after a factory reset. Iíve installed it before without problems. I followed the instructions in this thread but since I had no wifi connection at all I used an Ethernet cable. Now after removing Ethernet and restarting, the radio has the red network symbol but itís the Ethernet symbol rather than wifi, and doesnít want to scan for wireless at all. If I enter my network manually it says it canít connect with that password. What have I done wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by liquefry View Post
    Stupid question - after restarting the radio should scan for wireless networks, right? I had to install wlanpoke after a factory reset. Iíve installed it before without problems. I followed the instructions in this thread but since I had no wifi connection at all I used an Ethernet cable. Now after removing Ethernet and restarting, the radio has the red network symbol but itís the Ethernet symbol rather than wifi, and doesnít want to scan for wireless at all. If I enter my network manually it says it canít connect with that password. What have I done wrong?
    I have occasionally had similar problems, I think a reboot, then search for your network and enter the password solved the problem. Are you using the community firmware?

Yeah am on community firmware. I searched for the network manually but it didnít work so I did another factory reset. Am connected to the internet now but itís not seeing my LMS so somethingís not quite right. Will do some digging around to work it out!

Quote Originally Posted by liquefry View Post
    Yeah am on community firmware. I searched for the network manually but it didnít work so I did another factory reset. Am connected to the internet now but itís not seeing my LMS so somethingís not quite right. Will do some digging around to work it out!
    I have had random issues with the radio on the community firmware not seeing my WiFi network, but it will see others. Turning the radio off and on to reboot seems to help. If the radio is connected to mysqueezebox.com, click on my music to get the radio to look for your local lms.

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    I have had random issues with the radio on the community firmware not seeing my WiFi network, but it will see others. Turning the radio off and on to reboot seems to help. If the radio is connected to mysqueezebox.com, click on my music to get the radio to look for your local lms.
    What version of the radio Community Firmware are you running?
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    What version of the radio Community Firmware are you running?
    I am using 8.0.1-r16867. I should have mentioned the problem I experienced of not being able to see my WiFi network was likely an earlier version of the community firmware. I see from the notes this version addressed some WiFi issues. The last time the problem happened was months ago and it could have been just prior to the current version.