Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmy999 View Post
    I have 3 SB Radios that have worked fine for many years. Nothing changed in my setup but suddenly 3 days ago they all started having this issue (Boom is fine). So I assume a neighbor has added some equipment. I was going to try Wlanpoke but also grab a vonet as a backup in case wlanpoke doesn't work for me. What didn't you like about the vonet?

I know people run the vonets off of the 18V Logitech Radio supply, but I was wondering if Radio will work off of a 15V supply so that the vonet is getting the correct voltage.
    I had trouble configuring and setting up the Vonet. In the process, I could not reconnect to the Vonet to complete the setup. I then had to do a factory reset. The instructions were sparse. Since many here use Vonet with success, it was the user (me) that was a problem. The Tplink nano router has better instructions and software.

I donĺt know if the Radio will work with 15 volts.

Thanks very much for making wlanpoke, it's bringing back one of my SB. Now, I'm wondering if somebody knows the root cause of the issue and a way to solve it (changing BGA or any other component is not an issue, I saw there is an Atheros module with conformal shielding there)
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-12-01 at 20:18.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Thanks very much for making wlanpoke, it's bringing back one of my SB. Now, I'm wondering if somebody knows the root cause of the issue and a way to solve it (changing BGA or any other component is not an issue, I saw there is an Atheros module with conformal shielding there)
    POMDev had been working on backporting an atheros driver to support the radio's wifi hardware. However, I haven't seen any updates on this recently.

There's been a lot of discussions around this issue in the Community Firmware and Wifi connection on radio unstable threads as well.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

works like a charm. i Have been running my unit for almost 8h now. switching between, radio and spotify. Not a single restart och disconnecting WIFI.

I am having some success with wlanpoke, but I tried to play music and after about 8 hours I got the red wifi symbol again. I checked the logs and during an attempt to reset the wifi, it showed the message "wlanpoke exiting" or something like that. Also there have been times that it resets the wifi and it works, but the server seems to be hung up and it shows it playing the same 3-4 second portion of a song, but the radio isn't playing anything. But all I had to do to fix that is stop the song from playing and then hit play again. I tried again with the radio on but not playing music and I got the "wlanpoke exiting" after about 4 days. So it is a big improvement, but doesn't seem to a complete fix for me.

I have had success so far with the vonets vap11g-300, but so far I am powering it off of a USB power supply and not the 18V Logitech power supply. Also I have one Radio (just posted about this elsewhere) that seems to have a non-working ethernet jack. So wlanpoke may be my only solution for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    I had trouble configuring and setting up the Vonet. In the process, I could not reconnect to the Vonet to complete the setup. I then had to do a factory reset. The instructions were sparse. Since many here use Vonet with success, it was the user (me) that was a problem. The Tplink nano router has better instructions and software.

I donĺt know if the Radio will work with 15 volts.
    Thanks. I got my Vonets vap11g-300 working so far. But you are correct that the instructions leave a lot to be desired. I wanted it to just be a bridge, but their instructions result in a bridge and also a wifi repeater. Thankfully I found the place to turn off the wifi repeater function and it seems to be working so far. I may buy a 15V supply and see if it will run the radio. Otherwise I think the life of the Vonet might be reduced.

Thanks. I got my Vonets vap11g-300 working so far. But you are correct that the instructions leave a lot to be desired. I wanted it to just be a bridge, but their instructions result in a bridge and also a wifi repeater. Thankfully I found the place to turn off the wifi repeater function and it seems to be working so far. I may buy a 15V supply and see if it will run the radio. Otherwise I think the life of the Vonet might be reduced.
    FWIW, I've been running 3 Vonets for 18mo with the SB Power Supply.
    The VAP11G-3OO can run on 5v, so you can use a PS smaller than 15v if you want to power it with a dedicated PS
    (The Vonets has a wide spec of 5VDC to 15VDC, so might be able to handle an add'l 3v — YMMV)
    Last edited by Tony T; 2021-12-04 at 04:04.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

I am having some success with wlanpoke, but I tried to play music and after about 8 hours I got the red wifi symbol again. I checked the logs and during an attempt to reset the wifi, it showed the message "wlanpoke exiting" or something like that. ...
    POMDev had been working on backporting an atheros driver to support the radio's wifi hardware. However, I haven't seen any updates on this recently.
    Please see my response in Community-Build-Radio-Firmware thread. This thread was started for simplified instructions, a worthy endeavor, but I'm afraid it is kind of messed up now with all this tech talk. I understand that the Community-Build-Radio-Firmware thread is more suitable for technical or support topics.

Is wlanpoke now included in the Community Built Firmware (so no need to install wlanpoke if using it?)
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Is wlanpoke now included in the Community Built Firmware (so no need to install wlanpoke if using it?)
    No, I'm pretty sure wlanpoke is NOT included in the Community Build firmware, the Changelog for the build is linked to from this page:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ller-and-LMS-8

A search for "poke" on the Changelog page results in "not found".

Kev