Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cramcram View Post
    I installed wlanpoke on my radios. It works fine, I had no more disconnects. But since I installed wlanpoke one of my radio stations is stuttering, this is reproducible and happens every time. Here are the URL's of the station:

http://stream.srg-ssr.ch/drs3/aacp_96.m3u
    http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?...35162e6fcf7861

What can I do?
    Are you running the Community Firmware?
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

I installed wlanpoke on my radios. It works fine, I had no more disconnects. But since I installed wlanpoke one of my radio stations is stuttering, this is reproducible and happens every time. Here are the URL's of the station:

http://stream.srg-ssr.ch/drs3/aacp_96.m3u
    http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?...35162e6fcf7861

What can I do?
    First, check the signal strength to make sure you have good signal.

The stuttering might be related wlanpoke resetting the Wifi. Perhaps try to increase the buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Are you running the Community Firmware?
    Yes, I do. Latest version. Also thought it might be related to the latest community firmware that I installed just a few days prior to wlanpoke.

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post

The stuttering might be related wlanpoke resetting the Wifi. Perhaps try to increase the buffer.
    Signal strength hasn’t changed. Router / Radio position stayed the same. Has always worked for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post

Interesting also that Flac and Spotify which is more data than the radio stream don’t stutter… Thx for your helpful suggestions!

Interesting also that Flac and Spotify which is more data than the radio stream don’t stutter… Thx for your helpful suggestions!
    It's the AAC decoder that's the problem. Which the stream is using http://stream.srg-ssr.ch/drs3/aacp_96.m3u

I have been testing a change to mitigate the issue, would you be willing to try it to see if it helps?

It can be installed using the Patch Installer applet on the radio. You can also remove the change with Patch Installer if it doesn't work.
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    It's the AAC decoder that's the problem. Which the stream is using http://stream.srg-ssr.ch/drs3/aacp_96.m3u

I have been testing a change to mitigate the issue, would you be willing to try it to see if it helps?

It can be installed using the Patch Installer applet on the radio. You can also remove the change with Patch Installer if it doesn't work.
    Wow, of course I‘m happy to help with testing. I’ll be away for a couple of days, so I don’t have time before Monday.

Great to have the WiFi working again on the Radio -thanks for the workaround! Only issue I see since doing it is when synching the Radio with my main player, I get intermittent 3-4 seconds of silence here and there. Anyone else observed it?
    ...pablo
    Server: Win10 and LMS 8.2.0
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> KEF Reference 1
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Touch-> NAD D7050 -> KEF LS50 + Velodyne Minivee Sub
    Computer audio: workstation -USB-> audioengine D1 -> Grado RS1/Shure 1540

Quote Originally Posted by pablolie View Post
    Great to have the WiFi working again on the Radio -thanks for the workaround! Only issue I see since doing it is when synching the Radio with my main player, I get intermittent 3-4 seconds of silence here and there. Anyone else observed it?
    I get silence when the WiFi drops out, and wlanpoke restarts it. Check the logs (there is a wlanpoke setting that allows you to see the info in a browser)
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Wow, of course I‘m happy to help with testing. I’ll be away for a couple of days, so I don’t have time before Monday.
    Thanks. I've sent you a PM with the details.
    Ralphy