Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    wlanpoke still not working for me.
    FWIW, attached are the logs
    The logs are worth quite a lot, thanks. They show the script is exiting 2 seconds after the second full reset. The connection was restored, and the log file entry completed perfectly. Then comes the ... wlanpoke 752 exiting... entry, which, regrettably, does not explain how or why.

I read through the code, but the reason the shell script should encounter an error and exit 2 seconds after a successful connection reset eludes me.

To help troubleshoot, have taken my development Squeezebox and configured as close to yours as practical: reverted to 0.8.4.1 (the current main branch), enabled the original Atheros driver, connected to the office access point (-40 dBm), renamed the radio to "XxxxxXxxxx Radio 4", connected the serial port, killed the LMS server ncat, then, from the serial console, ran /etc/wlanpoke/wlanpoke.sh -x -W quick -d /etc/wlanpoke/log/ &, and pointed both Firefox and Chrome at the radio's web status page. Running the script from a console (serial or ssh) displays any additional messages not saved to the logs, e.g., the web page requests from Firefox and Chrome, and other error messages. I am hoping the system will fail and display an error message of some sort. I will report back later.

I am playing a random 'song' mix from the server. If you are playing some external stream, I can try that too.

At your end, you might re-try the previous suggestions from the 2021-09-17, 10:58 earlier post, plus the later suggestion of using ssh instead of the TTL serial port connection. If I don't find the problem, perhaps you will.

Update: There were no resets using the nearby (-40 dBm) access point, so the radio was switched to a busier remote AP providing only Link Quality:23/94 Signal level:-72 dBm Noise level:-96 dBm to invite disruptions. As a reminder, the 'quick' web server shows an out-of-date page, click the display twice to display recent results.
    Last edited by POMdev; 2021-09-30 at 07:01.

Quote Originally Posted by isr2002 View Post
    I have just modified one of my 3 SBR. So, I'll see if problems gone. Anyway, problems disappeared for a couple of months.
    No results. Still lose network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    New firmware for Radios received today...
    Where?
    Last edited by isr2002; 2021-10-23 at 13:36.

The instructions posted at #1 plus POMdev's wlanpoke solved my disconnect issues.

This wlanpoke patch DID solve the '2.4GHz wireless disconnecting' problem for all three of my Squeezeboxes.

Thank you rojikewl for taking the time to author the very clear instructions as how to install this patch. And, of course, huge thanks to POMdev for the work he has done to create this patch.

The instructions for installing the patch looked rather daunting at first glance. However, do not be deterred. The process is actually quite simple, thanks to these instructions, and it only took a few minutes per radio to install it.

NOTE: Given my 2.4GHz was disconnecting so often, I connected the Squeezeboxes using Ethernet ů and that did not cause any difficulty in installing the patch. Also, given I am not running Windows 10, I reverted to using an older version of WinSCP, v5.15.5 [2019-10-16], that I downloaded from the WinSCP repository on Sourceforge that apparently runs under all the older versions of Windows. I actually used the 'portable' version of WinSCP, to avoid having to actually install the product. Again, none of that caused any difficulties in installing the patch.

Again, my gratitude!

I curbed my initial enthusiasm... but 2 days later... THANK YOU, this totally brought my SB Radio back to consistent and reliable life.

THANK YOU.
    ...pablo
    Server: Win10 and LMS 8.2.0
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> KEF Reference 1
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
    Computer audio: workstation -USB-> audioengine D1 -> Grado RS1/Shure 1540

I stumbled upon this thread because two of our SB Radio's started having Wifi connectivity issues since approx two months. On one SB Radio the connectivity issues keeps coming back after installing wlanpoke, the other one is fine so far.
    Strangely enough not all SB Radio's in our house are affected, so I am currently trying to understand what the differences between the Radio's are.
    Last edited by zordaz; 2021-11-21 at 08:00.
    Living Room: RPI2+HifiBerry DAC+ Pro & piCorePlayer
    Attic: RPI2+HifiBerry DAC+ RCA & piCorePlayer
    Other rooms: 6x SB Radio
    LMS: Version 8.2.0 on Xubuntu 21.10

Quote Originally Posted by zordaz View Post
    I stumbled upon this thread because two of our SB Radio's started having Wifi connectivity issues since approx two months. On one SB Radio the connectivity issues keeps coming back after installing wlanpoke, the other one is fine so far.
    Strangely enough not all SB Radio's in our house are affected, so I am currently trying to understand what the differences between the Radio's are.
    I would first try swapping power supplies, or if running on batteries, use a power supply. I would see how each behave on ethernet as well. Try to narrow it down to specific radio(s) or maybe a power supply. It's good that you have multiple radios, especially ones that are working, so you can isolate.

Age could be playing a role, the wifi card, but that's only a guess.

I have about 6 radios, all bought 2nd hand, and they are all working fine, all on wifi, so I really can't help much more.

There is an extensive conversation here, if you were not already involved in it! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...n-three-Radios

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    I would first try swapping power supplies, or if running on batteries, use a power supply. I would see how each behave on ethernet as well. Try to narrow it down to specific radio(s) or maybe a power supply. It's good that you have multiple radios, especially ones that are working, so you can isolate.

Age could be playing a role, the wifi card, but that's only a guess.

I have about 6 radios, all bought 2nd hand, and they are all working fine, all on wifi, so I really can't help much more.

There is an extensive conversation here, if you were not already involved in it! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...n-three-Radios

Jim
    Also the second radio on which I installed wlanpoke lost connection again earlier today, so for both radio's it isn't a solution.
    When using ethernet both radio's indeed works (as expected) fine. I will try to exchange power supplies with working radio's over here to see if that matters.
    I have two other radio's connected to Wifi which never has problems, and two others connected via ethernet which also works fine.
    Living Room: RPI2+HifiBerry DAC+ Pro & piCorePlayer
    Attic: RPI2+HifiBerry DAC+ RCA & piCorePlayer
    Other rooms: 6x SB Radio
    LMS: Version 8.2.0 on Xubuntu 21.10

Also the second radio on which I installed wlanpoke lost connection again earlier today, so for both radio's it isn't a solution.
    When using ethernet both radio's indeed works (as expected) fine. I will try to exchange power supplies with working radio's over here to see if that matters.
    I have two other radio's connected to Wifi which never has problems, and two others connected via ethernet which also works fine.
    In addition to exchanging power supplies, also try swapping radio locations, to see if it's location dependent (there were alot of mentions of location "interference" in that thread I linked).

Also, others have noted (and I have not tried) using Vonet ethernet<>wifi dongles, essentially providing wireless connection without using your radio's wifi. Even if you just bought one, and if it solved your issues, you know it's related to the wifi in your radio (or, the vonet's wifi just works better). I have not tried these but they aren't expensive.

Jim

I have three SB Radios, two of them have the WiFi connectivity problem. One works fine, and I assume it is further away from the interference source than the other two. Wlanpoke has helped one Radio, but it is not perfect. Instead of rebooting multiple times a day, the problem is occasional and repair network seems to resolve the problem. The third Radio uses a TPlink WR802 nano router; I did not like the vonets.

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    I have three SB Radios, two of them have the WiFi connectivity problem. One works fine, and I assume it is further away from the interference source than the other two. Wlanpoke has helped one Radio, but it is not perfect. Instead of rebooting multiple times a day, the problem is occasional and repair network seems to resolve the problem. The third Radio uses a TPlink WR802 nano router; I did not like the vonets.
    I have 3 SB Radios that have worked fine for many years. Nothing changed in my setup but suddenly 3 days ago they all started having this issue (Boom is fine). So I assume a neighbor has added some equipment. I was going to try Wlanpoke but also grab a vonet as a backup in case wlanpoke doesn't work for me. What didn't you like about the vonet?

I know people run the vonets off of the 18V Logitech Radio supply, but I was wondering if Radio will work off of a 15V supply so that the vonet is getting the correct voltage.