Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by anglecard48 View Post
    I didn't know that about mysb. I have never understood it.

My LMS now does show my Receiver as being the connected Player whereas during my troubles LMS showed the Player as Squeezelite. My Squeezebox does show Receiver and Controller as not connected.
    If you want to connect the receiver and Controller to mysqueezebox.com instead, there's a menu item buried somewhere in the CONTROLLER to connect the player to mysb.com. Could be under settings > networking or somewhere. I forget.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    If you want to connect the receiver and Controller to mysqueezebox.com instead, there's a menu item buried somewhere in the CONTROLLER to connect the player to mysb.com. Could be under settings > networking or somewhere. I forget.
    you could also just take LMS offline, the receiver will look for it, then switch to mysb.com (say if you choose "radio") Once LMS is restored, there is an option (similar to what Gary mentioned) to switch to your library, but I always just choose "my Music" which assumes you want to switch to LMS and should then connect to your library.

I really don't pay much attention to mysb.com anymore, but I assume once connected to LMS/mysb they will show the disconnected to one/connected to the other status...

The controller, I don't pay any attention to what it's connected to, as long as it works, but I imagine if you had, say 2 receivers, one connected to LMS, one connected to mysb.com, the controller would see one and not the other (assumption)

Jim

PS - yes, the rpi will be much less perilous.