Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anglecard48 View Post
    Any other ideas?
    I'm sorry I don't have a duet at my current location, otherwise I would go through the process for you...Are you sure you reset BOTH the controller and receiver as per my previous post? I have never been able to properly reset the receiver without the controller at the same time, Might be just me tho...

If so, when I have seen the minimal menu you are describing, the player (duet receiver) is not "seeing" LMS. I have seen the same thing after say a power failure where my server did not start correctly.

One thing you could try is another player if you have one, or if not, install Squeezelite-X on your PC (I think you are using a PC?) This is basically another "player" just like your duet receiver. If this behaves similarly to your receiver, it will tell you it is LMS/mysb.com related.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-Squeezelite-X

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by B1tbull View Post
    Factory reset for both controller and receiver is a good place to start.
    Maybe asking the obvious : can you login to Mysqueezebox.com website with your account and password. If so this is the same account/password to be used when setting up the Duet after reset.

Francis
    anglecard48, Francis makes a good point. Try logging into mysqueezebox.com and first see if you can log in (verify email and pw are correct). Then make sure this is the same in LMS setup

Then from there, select "players" to see if mysb.com knows of your player, and it's status (connected means connected to mysb.com, not LMS).

Then you can also use "remote control" to try to operate the player

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I tried the above-listed procedure. And I tried the factory reset ideas as well. I've uninstalled LMS and reinstalled it. I created another mysb account. Nothing works.

Once I shut down and restart as shown in the quote above, my Controller doesn't give me a menu in order to select Radio or MyApps. It gives me the menu of the following list:
    -My Music
    -Return to Setup
    -Choose Player
    -Settings

-My Music tells me to download and install LMS (I have it but have it shut off for this procedure)

-Return to Setup takes me back to selecting language and network (it connects to my network just fine and tells me my device is currently registered correctly) >Continue does three quick beeps and returns me to the menu list shown above.

-Choose Player shows a screen with Choose Player as a title and blank below (i.e. no Players are available; the three that I have are Duet, Boom, and SB Radio. Boom and SC Radio are shut off. If I turn them on they do appear in the menu).

- Settings brings up the five selections: Audio Settings through Advanced. (I thought maybe selecting Home Menu would take me to the menu with Radio and My Apps etc but no. It brings me to a selection of three: >Help; >Restore Defaults; >Restore Hidden Menu Items. When I clicked on Restore Defaults it took me back to thef our-selection menu shown above.

I am getting a tad frustrated. The Duet was working fine up until the time I decided to do a trial run of Tidal. Since then I cannot get my Duet to work. And to salt the wound, I was able to use Tidal enough to know that it's not for me. I cancelled my trial of it.

Before the Tidal debacle, the Duet Controller would show my MacBook Air as one of the Players. And it would show me my Receiver as one of my Players. It hasn't since. It has shown Squeezelite but then tells me it can't play the songs. I can control my Boom and SB Radio from the Controller. And I can alternatively play Radio and MyApps through those two from Controller or from the devices' controls, which is my normal way of playing them. So the two of them work fine.

Any other ideas?
    From my own it experience here are a few things i can recommend, if not done already :

A. Reboot all network devices involved, switches, routers, acces points and LMS devices.
    B. Start up with the following scenario :
    - factory reset duet receiver and controller
    - make sure LMS is shutdown
    - do not power on receiver
    - start up controller and connect to wifi
    - if possible connect receiver to wired network
    - startup receiver and watch led color (see wiki for details.
    - if color blue continue setup with controller to Mysqueezebox.com
    - make sure that Mysqueezebox.com account/password is the same for duet as on the website itself
    - if ok start LMS and try connection to LMS.
    - If all succeeded with wired receiver, try again with receiver connecting over wifi.

Hope this helps.

Francis
    2 x Squeezebox Classic
    Squeezebox Duet
    Dell XPS 8930
    Synology DS214-Play
    Vintage Audio : Quad 405 and 606, JBL Studio Monitors 4412A & 4408A, B&W DM6

One more thing

Just in case : here is the full user manual : https://www.logitech.com/images/pdf/...x_Duet-ENG.pdf
    Also : make sure you choose the correct connection type for the receiver : hybrid or bridged.
    To be clear : do not use the Bridged option ( this is connecting the controller to an ad hoc wifi connection to the receiver ).
    Hybrid mode will always work, no matter if the receiver has a wired or wifi connection to the network , as long as you have a wifi network of course.

Francis
    2 x Squeezebox Classic
    Squeezebox Duet
    Dell XPS 8930
    Synology DS214-Play
    Vintage Audio : Quad 405 and 606, JBL Studio Monitors 4412A & 4408A, B&W DM6

Quote Originally Posted by B1tbull View Post
    - if possible connect receiver to wired network

Hope this helps.

Francis
    I forgot to mention this, eliminate a variable by connecting the receiver (at least temporary) to ethernet. My receivers are the only squeezebox devices I own that perform poorly on wifi. Not only performance, they lock up. It's why I know how to reset them so well It is well documented in this forum, and I have had several instances where I have just given up and wired them. I tried giving a duet to a non technical friend. Bad idea. I took it back and found him a used touch

Jim

Success!!!

If I could put all your suggestions in a quote here I would. I tried everything you suggested, so those suggestions should lead into this post.

I couldn't get the Duet to work: the Receiver could not be seen by the Controller; the Duet system was not connecting with my MacBook Air -- receiver was not "seeing" LMS as Redrum said; MySB showed Receiver, Controller, Squeezlite as not connected. My SB Radio and Boom were working just fine.

I was doing all your fixes over and over. I was throwing the proverbial spaghetti at the wall. Eventually I realized that the factory reset I was doing on the Receiver wasn't doing anything.

I found a 2010 post from a user who also could not get the Receiver to do a factory reset. A member named avta suggested removing the battery from the controller. I did so, waited a minute, reinstalled the battery. Did factory resets on Controller and Receiver and viola! It worked. Happiness.

Alchemy? Maybe. Could I repeat the steps of the fix or instruct another user on how to carry out the fix? I don't think so. It's a mystery. But as the song says, I think I'll just let the mystery be.

The only problem that is still with me is that mysb shows Receiver, Controller, Squeezlite as not connected. I think I'll just ignore that and enjoy the music.

Thanks to all of you. You are terrific.

Success!!!

If I could put all your suggestions in a quote here I would. I tried everything you suggested, so those suggestions should lead into this post.

I couldn't get the Duet to work: the Receiver could not be seen by the Controller; the Duet system was not connecting with my MacBook Air -- receiver was not "seeing" LMS as Redrum said; MySB showed Receiver, Controller, Squeezlite as not connected. My SB Radio and Boom were working just fine.

I was doing all your fixes over and over. I was throwing the proverbial spaghetti at the wall. Eventually I realized that the factory reset I was doing on the Receiver wasn't doing anything.

I found a 2010 post from a user who also could not get the Receiver to do a factory reset. A member named avta suggested removing the battery from the controller. I did so, waited a minute, reinstalled the battery. Did factory resets on Controller and Receiver and viola! It worked. Happiness.

Alchemy? Maybe. Could I repeat the steps of the fix or instruct another user on how to carry out the fix? I don't think so. It's a mystery. But as the song says, I think I'll just let the mystery be.

The only problem that is still with me is that mysb shows Receiver, Controller, Squeezlite as not connected. I think I'll just ignore that and enjoy the music.

Thanks to all of you. You are terrific.

keep in mind that mysb will show players as non connected if those players are instead connected to LMS running on your local computer. Maybe your receiver and controller are connected to LMS?
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Awesome, I am happy for you...Curious, when you did a "factory reset" of the receiver and controller (both when it did and when it didn't work), did the receiver behave the same in both cases? That is, press and hold receiver button until red rapid flasn, then it starts steady red flash (waiting to be brought up by controller)..? Also, similarly, when it failed, did the receiver ever transition from red steady flashing to something else?

Unless it's something unrelated, it seems like the controller was in a state where it was incapable of bringing up the receiver, and your battery reboot fixed that...

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Awesome, I am happy for you...Curious, when you did a "factory reset" of the receiver and controller (both when it did and when it didn't work), did the receiver behave the same in both cases? That is, press and hold receiver button until red rapid flasn, then it starts steady red flash (waiting to be brought up by controller)..? Also, similarly, when it failed, did the receiver ever transition from red steady flashing to something else?

Unless it's something unrelated, it seems like the controller was in a state where it was incapable of bringing up the receiver, and your battery reboot fixed that...

Jim
    I should have videotaped my session. Memory is not all that it's meant to be.

I got suspicious about the Receiver factory-reset after five or six "resets" in which the light went from slow red to rapid red and then it just stayed red. After the battery removal and replacement on the Controller I paid more attention to the Controller, which showed my Receiver as a player. I was giddy with joy at that and cannot remember what the light on the Receiver was doing after the rapid flashing red. But it was a nice green when I looked. Now that it's playing the light is a kind of white with a little pink or red at the edges.

I agree with you in the final analysis the controller seemed to be in a state where it was incapable of bringing up the receiver. However on the other hand, I was unable to play music using the web remote control on my LMS. And that confuses me vis a vis our final analysis.

I am asking for more trouble. A day or so into this problem, and in a moment of rage at the Duet, I ordered a Raspberry pi and will receive it later this week. I imagine I'll be in another fine mess when I attempt to get it up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    keep in mind that mysb will show players as non connected if those players are instead connected to LMS running on your local computer. Maybe your receiver and controller are connected to LMS?
    I didn't know that about mysb. I have never understood it.

My LMS now does show my Receiver as being the connected Player whereas during my troubles LMS showed the Player as Squeezelite. My Squeezebox does show Receiver and Controller as not connected.
    Name:  anglecard48 LMS player.png
Views: 31
Size:  61.1 KB
    Name:  anglecard48 mysb players.png
Views: 33
Size:  86.2 KB