Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrober View Post
    The current value is 300 seconds. Of course this config option is persisted, i.e. it does survive a pCP reboot.
    Attachment 35061
    However, this value does not has any effect (that is why I have written this other forum post). It is always just 3 mount attempts with a 10 second waiting period in between.
    Sometimes I wonder.....I add features that never really worked and it goes 8 months before someone reports it. I guess folks found another way to get it done. Anyway, I'll get this fixed before pCP8 is released.....which is soon.

If you are comfortable in an ssh session.

edit the file /usr/local/etc/init.d/pcp_startup.sh

Line 629 should be
    Code:
    	[ "$NETBOOTWAIT" = "" ] && NETBOOTWAIT=30
    Change the 30 to 300 (or whatever time you want) The value from the web interface is not getting populated into the startup script. After you make the edit

run `pcp bu`
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    edit the file /usr/local/etc/init.d/pcp_startup.sh
    run `pcp bu`
    Thank you Paul, it works!
    I tried it with a hard-coded value of 300 instead of 30 and now the retry count is calculated to 30 instead of 3.

I am looking forward to see this fix in pCP 8.0!
    Last edited by chrober; 2021-06-24 at 01:04.

However, I still wonder if it would be possible to prevent LMS from removing such temporarily missing songs from its database.
    Or at least to have a more efficient way to get such removed songs back into the database.

I guess there can be similar issues in other situations, e.g. for USB mounts: If one uses a USB drive and that drive is temporarily disconnected from the Raspberry Pi I would assume the same problematic behaviour.

I think that removing them is sort of OK because it prevents subsequent attempts to play that track that are sure to fail (as long as the disk remains unavailable).

However, I agree that it is worth resolving if someone has the time to look at it - and it is low priority since it is a rare event with an effective workaround.
    A "Changed and New" scan should bring them back.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    A "Changed and New" scan should bring them back.
    Unfortunately not. For me nothing but the lengthy "Clear library and rescan everything" scan helps to bring the songs back.
    (And now -- hopefully -- I will never ever have to do this again. )

I meant that a change so that a "new and changed scan would bring them back would be a good idea".
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I meant that a change so that a "new and changed scan would bring them back would be a good idea".
    OK. Yes, I totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by chrober View Post
    However, I still wonder if it would be possible to prevent LMS from removing such temporarily missing songs from its database.
    Or at least to have a more efficient way to get such removed songs back into the database.

I guess there can be similar issues in other situations, e.g. for USB mounts: If one uses a USB drive and that drive is temporarily disconnected from the Raspberry Pi I would assume the same problematic behaviour.
    I there is an issue, then it is a LMS issue, I think nothing to do with piCorePlayer.

My LMS uses an attached USB drive.

I did this test:

1. Played track. OK.
    2. Renamed wav file.
    3. Replayed track. Not OK. Error messages.
    4. Renamed wav file back to original name.
    5. Played track. OK. Normal operation. Nothing appears to be missing from database.

Of course, a different setup, a different test, a different result. YMMV.

Where is your cache stored? It might be better if the cache is local on your RPi.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Where is your cache stored? It might be better if the cache is local on your RPi.
    The LMS cache is stored on the microSD card containing the pCP image. According to the LMS config page of the pCP web UI it is stored in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/slimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    I did this test:

1. Played track. OK.
    2. Renamed wav file.
    3. Replayed track. Not OK. Error messages.
    4. Renamed wav file back to original name.
    5. Played track. OK. Normal operation. Nothing appears to be missing from database.
    I just did a similar test. Not with my original pCP setup, but on a comparable pCP (same Raspberry Pi model, same pCP v7.0.1, same LMS v8.1.1).
    However, this time with music stored on a USB drive attached to the Raspberry Pi directly.

The result does not differ from what I experienced with my NAS-based setup:
    1. Played track. OK.
    2. Renamed mp3 file.
    3. Replayed track. Not OK. No error messages on UI (Material Skin). Just the ones in server.log I have posted originally.
    4. In UI moving away from the album containing the renamed track. Navigating back to this album does not list the renamed song anymore (it appears to be missing from the database). Not OK.
    6. Renamed mp3 file back to original name.
    7. In UI moving away from the album containing the renamed track. Navigating back to this album still does not list the renamed song anymore. Not OK.
    8. No chance to play the track anymore. Not OK.