Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    One other thing, a shameless plug... My old network was Netgear and after switching to ASUS I'll never consider Netgear again. ASUS has way better support for their line of consumer routers and ASUS support can actually be contacted.
    I have an old Netgear router I am using as an ethernet hub or access point. The netgear hardware seems fine and I have never had any problems. I also upgraded to an Asus router. Netgear's support is terrible. After 90 days, you will have to pay for support, even if it caused by a Netgear software change. ASUS support is better, however, they too have issues as support telling me my ASUS router was not mesh capable on the guest network when ASUS's web page said it was supported.

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    I have an old Netgear router I am using as an ethernet hub or access point. The netgear hardware seems fine and I have never had any problems.
    I agree that the Netgear hardware is mostly fine. I have an old DGND3700v1 with 3rd party firmware that has been very reliable at another location. I got the firmware from richud.com and I'll say that Netgear would only dream of creating firmware this reliable and configurable. I once thought Netgear was great kit, but not anymore, takes more than decent hardware to make a product great!
    Last edited by w3wilkes; 2021-11-23 at 13:25.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.2.0 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.2.0 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    I agree that the Netgear hardware is mostly fine. I have an old DGND3700v1 with 3rd party firmware that has been very reliable at another location. I got the firmware from richud.com and I'll say that Netgear would only dream of creating firmware this reliable and configurable. I once thought Netgear was great kit, but not anymore, takes more than decent hardware to make a product great!
    I think that is the same model as I have, except mine might be a version 2 or 3. No problems with the router, but since Netgear has not updated the firmware in a long time I figured it was time to replace it. It has now been delegated to be an ethernet switch access point for a few wired devices in another room.