Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS Problem v 8.1.2 on Win 8.1

I am having a recent problem getting and keeping LMS running. Usually when it quits or won't run, I see errors such as SQUEEZ~3.EXE - System Error and/or a note to the effect that "... icudt57.dll is missing. Reinstall Program..."

Can anyone tell me if icudt57.dll is a LMS file or a Windows system file? A little sleuthing with Google has not clarified this nor what my options might be.

thanks for any advice.
    phb (3 Booms, 2 SB3, 1 Rec'vr, 2 Controllers, 2xTouch, 2 Radios (1UE), iPeng &UE: itouch & iPad, Squeezepad, 2 SoundBridge R1000s, NEW pCP Server + pCP Player)

LMS Problem v 8.1.2 on Win 8.1

> Can anyone tell me if icudt57.dll is a LMS file or a Windows system
    > file? A little sleuthing with Google has not clarified this nor what my
    > options might be.

It's part of LMS. Are you using any 3rd party antivirus product which
    might have quarantined the file or something? I'd recommend a re-install
    of LMS.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Can anyone tell me if icudt57.dll is a LMS file or a Windows system
    > file? A little sleuthing with Google has not clarified this nor what my
    > options might be.

It's part of LMS. Are you using any 3rd party antivirus product which
    might have quarantined the file or something? I'd recommend a re-install
    of LMS.
    Yes, I use Win Defender AND Malwarebytes - a program that sometimes seems troublesome.

I will reinstall. Thank you so much for your much appreciated and excellent support.

phil

Update:

I think that there was more than one problem, which I ‘think’ is now resolved. Here’s what happened.

I reinstalled the same LMS version that I had, over the top of the existing. No issues.

LMS did now auto start upon login, BUT the Web Control still wouldn’t launch in Chrome. In fact, Chrome wouldn’t open at all.

I had to open IE, having not used it in years, which ‘insisted’ that I really needed Edge. Ok, did that and in the process of setting up, Edge took it upon itself to copy all of my Chrome settings, and here comes up my web control for LMS, in Edge.

Used Edge to download and install Chrome over the existing, and now LMS works, Chrome works, Web Control for LMS works in Chrome.

Obviously something got hosed some where, either by a MS update or a Malwarebytes update, or by ??

Thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by pbroughton; 2021-06-22 at 08:38. Reason: update/results
    phb (3 Booms, 2 SB3, 1 Rec'vr, 2 Controllers, 2xTouch, 2 Radios (1UE), iPeng &UE: itouch & iPad, Squeezepad, 2 SoundBridge R1000s, NEW pCP Server + pCP Player)