Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by diode84 View Post
    I get to step 2 but cannot find the LMS playlist, what do you call the LMS playlist.
    See picture below. What I call the LMS playlist is the right pane of the LMS web GUI. When you play a radio station, there is only one item in the playlist. When you click on this item, you get a left pane that shows the song info. When you then click on "Save to Favorites" in the left pane, the radio station is added to favorites.opml, with generic radio icon. This is what I refer to as "the second favorite created by LMS".

    Name:  LMS_GUI_add_favorite.PNG
Views: 57
Size:  120.7 KB
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 7.0.1 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    See picture below. What I call the LMS playlist is the right pane of the LMS web GUI. When you play a radio station, there is only one item in the playlist. When you click on this item, you get a left pane that shows the song info. When you then click on "Save to Favorites" in the left pane, the radio station is added to favorites.opml, with generic radio icon. This is what I refer to as "the second favorite created by LMS".

    [/ATTACH]
    Thanks CJS, I have never brought up this left pane before. That looks useful. I will go back and try again tonight.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,655
    Quote Originally Posted by diode84 View Post
    Thanks CJS, I have never brought up this left pane before. That looks useful. I will go back and try again tonight.
    This is the "More" menu - also got by clicking on the "M" icon and also available on all players from "Now Playing".
    For other plugins/services there are additional specific options (e.g. from a Tune-in selected stream you may have other stream options such as higher bitrates., Lyrics, Artist Info)

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    This is the "More" menu - also got by clicking on the "M" icon and also available on all players from "Now Playing".
    For other plugins/services there are additional specific options (e.g. from a Tune-in selected stream you may have other stream options such as higher bitrates., Lyrics, Artist Info)
    Thanks bpa.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    See picture below. What I call the LMS playlist is the right pane of the LMS web GUI. When you play a radio station, there is only one item in the playlist. When you click on this item, you get a left pane that shows the song info. When you then click on "Save to Favorites" in the left pane, the radio station is added to favorites.opml, with generic radio icon. This is what I refer to as "the second favorite created by LMS".
    Thanks CJS I have redone most of my favourites with your method. It does work for me if I am really careful. So thanks again.
    I am still working on organlive, organ experience and positively baroque. Radionet does not seem to work for me on these.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,655
    Quote Originally Posted by diode84 View Post
    Thanks CJS I have redone most of my favourites with your method. It does work for me if I am really careful. So thanks again.
    I am still working on organlive, organ experience and positively baroque. Radionet does not seem to work for me on these.
    Radionet is just a directory - URLs can get out of date.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by diode84 View Post
    Thanks CJS I have redone most of my favourites with your method. It does work for me if I am really careful. So thanks again.
    I am still working on organlive, organ experience and positively baroque. Radionet does not seem to work for me on these.
    The method that I described was for RadioNet. As bpa said, RadioNet is a directory and URL's can get out of date.
    The default radio station directory used by LMS is TuneIn. If you do a search via Radio => Search, a search is done in the TuneIn directory.

    I found all 3 stations that you mention via Radio => Search, but "The Organ Experience" does not play (I get an error "401 Unauthorized").
    The other 2 stations (Organ Live and Positively Baroque) work for me. To save these stations with icon using the LMS web GUI, do the following:
    1) Go to Radio => Search. Do NOT click on Search (see (*) below), but hover over Search, enter your search text in the search box, and click on the search button at the right side of the search box. This is illustrated in the picture below.
    2) In the Search result list that you then get, hover over the station that you want to add as a favorite, and click the favorite (save) button. The station is then stored as a favorite with icon.
    3) Check if the station plays by clicking the play button.

    (*) Note: If I click on Search and enter the search text in the next screen, I do get a search result, but the option to save the found station as a favorite is missing.

    Like with RadioNet, not all stations in the TuneIn directory play. It also depends on the country that you live in. What I read in this forum is that when you happen to live in the UK, many radio stations in the TuneIn directory are blocked because of Geo-blocking policies.

    Name:  Radio_Search.png
Views: 31
Size:  41.4 KB
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 7.0.1 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    258
    [QUOTE=CJS;1026111]The method that I described was for RadioNet. As bpa said, RadioNet is a directory and URL's can get out of date.
    The default radio station directory used by LMS is TuneIn. If you do a search via Radio => Search, a search is done in the TuneIn directory.

    I found all 3 stations that you mention via Radio => Search, but "The Organ Experience" does not play (I get an error "401 Unauthorized").
    The other 2 stations (Organ Live and Positively Baroque) work for me. To save these stations with icon using the LMS web GUI, do the following:
    1) Go to Radio => Search. Do NOT click on Search (see (*) below), but hover over Search, enter your search text in the search box, and click on the search button at the right side of the search box. This is illustrated in the picture below.
    2) In the Search result list that you then get, hover over the station that you want to add as a favorite, and click the favorite (save) button. The station is then stored as a favorite with icon.
    3) Check if the station plays by clicking the play button.

    (*) Note: If I click on Search and enter the search text in the next screen, I do get a search result, but the option to save the found station as a favorite is missing.

    Like with RadioNet, not all stations in the TuneIn directory play. It also depends on the country that you live in. What I read in this forum is that when you happen to live in the UK, many radio stations in the TuneIn directory are blocked because of Geo-blocking policies.

    /QUOTE]
    No I didn't get any of them, must be the Geo-blocking policies of Tunein. I have got them in the UK until recently but even Organlive struggles to come in. Radionet has been good but even it has stopped. Is there any way round Geo-blocking policy.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    4,430
    Assuming Organ Live is https://www.organlive.com then try
    https://play.organlive.com:7010/320
    I also get a 401 response from their EU stream - but the one above works.

    The danger of using a direct stream URL like this is that it breaks in the future but such is life.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Assuming Organ Live is https://www.organlive.com then try
    https://play.organlive.com:7010/320
    I also get a 401 response from their EU stream - but the one above works.

    The danger of using a direct stream URL like this is that it breaks in the future but such is life.
    Thanks Paul but not working here.
    VLC plays http://www.organexperience.com/320 and your https://play.organlive.com:7010/320 stream
    Last edited by diode84; 2021-06-24 at 02:41. Reason: Mod

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •