Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    258

    Otto's Baroque causing grief again

    Hello
    I am back to being unable to get Otto's Baroque and wondered if anyone was getting it, preferably with station logo.
    I can get it on url http://strm112.1.fm/baroque_mobile_mp3 but only played on the laptop and not on pCP.
    Has anyone any ideas please.
    Thanks
    diode84

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by diode84 View Post
    Hello
    I am back to being unable to get Otto's Baroque and wondered if anyone was getting it, preferably with station logo.
    I can get it on url http://strm112.1.fm/baroque_mobile_mp3 but only played on the laptop and not on pCP.
    Has anyone any ideas please.
    I got this station with logo, as follows:
    1) If not already installed, install the RadioNet plugin on LMS
    2) On the LMS main page, click Radio => RadioNet
    3) Click "Search for Station", enter "Otto's Baroque" in the search field and click the Search button
    4) Hover over the first hit, hit the favorite button (heart symbol), and then the play button

    I get then a 320kbps MP3 stream with station logo. Next time you can just click the favorite.
    Let us know if this does not work for you.

    EDIT: I found that when the favorite is saved from within the RadioNet plugin as described above, this favorite does play when the favorite is selected in the LMS web GUI or from LMS Material skin, but NOT when selecting the favorite in SqueezePlay or in the Jivelite interface that I have installed on my piCorePlayer. After editing the entry for Otto's Baroque Music in the favorites.opml file on LMS as follows, the favorite plays also when using SqueezePlay or Jivelite as controller:

    Code:
    <outline URL="http://strm112.1.fm/baroque_mobile_mp3" icon="/imageproxy/https%3A%2F%2Fd3kle7qwymxpcy.cloudfront.net%2Fimages%2Fbroadcasts%2F6a%2F58%2F1366%2F2%2Fc300.png/image.png" text="Otto's Baroque Music" type="audio" />
    Stop LMS before and restart LMS after editing the favorites.opml file with a text editor.
    Last edited by CJS; 2021-06-18 at 14:26.
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 7.0.1 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    I got this station with logo, as follows:
    1) If not already installed, install the RadioNet plugin on LMS
    2) On the LMS main page, click Radio => RadioNet
    3) Click "Search for Station", enter "Otto's Baroque" in the search field and click the Search button
    4) Hover over the first hit, hit the favorite button (heart symbol), and then the play button

    I get then a 320kbps MP3 stream with station logo. Next time you can just click the favorite.
    Let us know if this does not work for you.

    EDIT: I found that when the favorite is saved from within the RadioNet plugin as described above, this favorite does play when the favorite is selected in the LMS web GUI or from LMS Material skin, but NOT when selecting the favorite in SqueezePlay or in the Jivelite interface that I have installed on my piCorePlayer. After editing the entry for Otto's Baroque Music in the favorites.opml file on LMS as follows, the favorite plays also when using SqueezePlay or Jivelite as controller:

    Code:
    <outline URL="http://strm112.1.fm/baroque_mobile_mp3" icon="/imageproxy/https%3A%2F%2Fd3kle7qwymxpcy.cloudfront.net%2Fimages%2Fbroadcasts%2F6a%2F58%2F1366%2F2%2Fc300.png/image.png" text="Otto's Baroque Music" type="audio" />
    Stop LMS before and restart LMS after editing the favorites.opml file with a text editor.
    Nice one CJS, that did work perfectly. Thank you very much.
    I did get http://strm112.1.fm/baroque_mobile_mp3 but how did you get the icon as I have two others I would like to add icons to.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by diode84 View Post
    How did you get the icon as I have two others I would like to add icons to.
    I got the icon from the favorite as stored by the RadioNet plugin (step 4 of my description above). The favorite stored by the RadioNet plugin does not work when using Jivelite and other controllers, but the icon field is OK.
    In the example of Otto's Baroque, the icon field is:
    Code:
    icon="/imageproxy/https%3A%2F%2Fd3kle7qwymxpcy.cloudfront.net%2Fimages%2Fbroadcasts%2F6a%2F58%2F1366%2F2%2Fc300.png/image.png"
    If you have a working favorite without icon (or showing the generic LMS radio station icon), you can add an icon as follows. This description assumes that you use the LMS web GUI for control of LMS.
    1) Search for the radio station in RadioNet
    2) When RadioNet finds the radio station, hover over that station and hit the favorite button (this adds a favorite to the favorites.opml file on LMS. The favorite may not work, but the icon field is OK)
    3) Stop LMS
    4) Open favorites.opml on LMS in a text editor, find your working favorite and the favorite added by RadioNet, and copy the icon field of the favorite added by RadioNet to your working favorite. Then delete the favorite added by RadioNet, and save favorites.opml
    5) Restart LMS

    Note: Stopping LMS before and restarting LMS after editing favorites.opml is needed to avoid that favorites.opml is corrupted. It is recommended to make a backup of favorites.opml before editing this file, so that you can restore your favorites in case you make a mistake when editing.

    PS: For creating a new working favorite with station icon using RadioNet, the following method works for me (using LMS Web GUI; in a nutshell):
    1. Search a new station in RadioNet, add it as a favorite (=> this creates a non working favorite with correct icon), and play it.
    2. Click on the added radio station in the LMS playlist, and then in the left pane of LMS click "Save to Favorites" ( => this creates a working favorite with generic radio icon)
    3. Open favorites.opml in a text editor, and copy the icon field from the first favorite added by RadioNet to the second favorite created by LMS
    4. Delete the first favorite created by RadioNet, and save favorites.opml
    Last edited by CJS; 2021-06-20 at 05:47.
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 7.0.1 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,646
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    I got the icon from the favorite as stored by the RadioNet plugin (step 4 of my description above). The favorite stored by the RadioNet plugin does not work when using Jivelite and other controllers, but the icon field is OK.
    This is due to a combination of the way the plugin works (using a "parser=" in opml) and LMS not saving all parameters (i.e. the parser parameter) in all locations.

    It is better to save the favorite when the stream is playing from the LMS now playing menu until next version of RadioNet plyugin is done.

    In the example of Otto's Baroque, the icon field is:
    Code:
    icon="/imageproxy/https%3A%2F%2Fd3kle7qwymxpcy.cloudfront.net%2Fimages%2Fbroadcasts%2F6a%2F58%2F1366%2F2%2Fc300.png/image.png"
    Be careful the is an URL IN LMS imageproxy. The proper icon URL - getting rid of "imageproxy", "image.png" and HTTP % encoded characters.
    Code:
    https://d3kle7qwymxpcy.cloudfront.net/images/broadcasts/6a/58/1366/2/c300.png

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    This is due to a combination of the way the plugin works (using a "parser=" in opml) and LMS not saving all parameters (i.e. the parser parameter) in all locations.
    It is better to save the favorite when the stream is playing from the LMS now playing menu until next version of RadioNet plugin is done.

    Be careful the is an URL IN LMS imageproxy. The proper icon URL - getting rid of "imageproxy", "image.png" and HTTP % encoded characters.
    Code:
    https://d3kle7qwymxpcy.cloudfront.net/images/broadcasts/6a/58/1366/2/c300.png
    Thanks bpa for this very useful comment. I am looking forward to the next version of the RadioNet plugin.
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 7.0.1 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    258
    I am still trying to get this working, it is quite complicated for me and I haven't given up.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    This is due to a combination of the way the plugin works (using a "parser=" in opml) and LMS not saving all parameters (i.e. the parser parameter) in all locations.

    It is better to save the favorite when the stream is playing from the LMS now playing menu until next version of RadioNet plyugin is done.


    [/code]
    How do I acess the now playing menu to save a favourite. I only occasionally see now playing.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,646
    Quote Originally Posted by diode84 View Post
    How do I acess the now playing menu to save a favourite. I only occasionally see now playing.

    On a Touch/radio - Now Playing will show up when you do nothing on the menu for a while.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    I got the icon from the favorite as stored by the RadioNet plugin (step 4

    PS: For creating a new working favorite with station icon using RadioNet, the following method works for me (using LMS Web GUI; in a nutshell):
    1. Search a new station in RadioNet, add it as a favorite (=> this creates a non working favorite with correct icon), and play it.
    2. Click on the added radio station in the LMS playlist, and then in the left pane of LMS click "Save to Favorites" ( => this creates a working favorite with generic radio icon)
    3. Open favorites.opml in a text editor, and copy the icon field from the first favorite added by RadioNet to the second favorite created by LMS
    4. Delete the first favorite created by RadioNet, and save favorites.opml
    I get to step 2 but cannot find the LMS playlist, what do you call the LMS playlist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •