Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 389
  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    9,275
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    My woes continue... I did a total new install from scratch with pcp 7.

    Still get the red warning message... Looks like Spotty is borked on my system.

    Any ideas what I could try now?
    I sympathise. I wanted to try going back to 4.4.9 so installed it manually. Then I got the red message about the helper. Going back to 4.5 fixed it but it is so slow. I wanted to compare it it to 4.4.9 as I don't remember that being slow.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    9,275
    I am actually finding using Spotify Connect is much more responsive than using Spotty on LMS at the moment. That can't be right.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,569
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I sympathise. I wanted to try going back to 4.4.9 so installed it manually. Then I got the red message about the helper. Going back to 4.5 fixed it but it is so slow. I wanted to compare it it to 4.4.9 as I don't remember that being slow.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    The latest from the log is:

    21-06-18 22:20:37.4420] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (192) Trying helper application: /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf
    [21-06-18 22:20:37.5864] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (51) Didn't find Spotty helper application!
    [21-06-18 22:20:37.5936] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::canSpotifyConnect (84) Cannot support Spotty Connect, need at least helper version 0.12.0
    [21-06-18 22:20:37.6160] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (192) Trying helper application: /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf
    [21-06-18 22:20:37.7139] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (51) Didn't find Spotty helper application!

    The crazy thing is that the helper file is there in the folder....??!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    9,275
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I am actually finding using Spotify Connect is much more responsive than using Spotty on LMS at the moment. That can't be right.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I thought it was too good to be true. When I pause from Spotify Connect the track progress indicator jumps to the end. Pressing play again just starts to increase the track time beyond the end time of the track. Could we have the option to go back to 4.4.9?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    9,275
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    The latest from the log is:

    21-06-18 22:20:37.4420] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (192) Trying helper application: /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf
    [21-06-18 22:20:37.5864] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (51) Didn't find Spotty helper application!
    [21-06-18 22:20:37.5936] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::canSpotifyConnect (84) Cannot support Spotty Connect, need at least helper version 0.12.0
    [21-06-18 22:20:37.6160] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (192) Trying helper application: /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf
    [21-06-18 22:20:37.7139] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (51) Didn't find Spotty helper application!

    The crazy thing is that the helper file is there in the folder....??!!
    My helper file for 4.5 is spotty-hf (v1.0.0). Is that right?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  6. #46
    Senior Member jasell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Just updated to 4.5 and I now get â€Failed to get access tokenâ€
    >
    > Any tip for what to do?


    Did you check the server.log? The settings pages? Are you using your own
    client ID? Multiple accounts?

    A little more information might be helpful...
    Hi,
    Logging is set to Debug.

    Log says failing to access and suggest to reset credentials. Only a general text message, no detailed information.

    I have multiple accounts, 4, I deleted the one I use and added it successfully again. Paid service.

    I have a client ID registered. It shows correct on Spotify’s app page. I created another app and copied that client ID as well, no difference.

    I restarted LMS.

    None of my attempts changed error message.

    I’m currently off-site, so I cannot give you the exact copy of the log.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NAS: QNAP TS-459U+ QTS 4.2.6 (4x 2TB, RAID5)
    Services: LMS 8.3.0 by QLMS 2.30.01 QLMS at QNAP club
    Squeezebox: 6x Receiver, 3x Boom, 2x SB3 Classic, 1x Touch
    Controller: Control by Material skin or iPeng, Local music or Spotify by Spotty

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,569
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I thought it was too good to be true. When I pause from Spotify Connect the track progress indicator jumps to the end. Pressing play again just starts to increase the track time beyond the end time of the track. Could we have the option to go back to 4.4.9?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I second that! (although I know that's anathema to developers!)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    9,275
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    I second that! (although I know that's anathema to developers!)
    I thought it would be simple to just uninstall 4.5 and manually install 4.4.9 but that was when I got the helper issue.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,569
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I thought it would be simple to just uninstall 4.5 and manually install 4.4.9 but that was when I got the helper issue.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    It's a real miss not having Spotify...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK, Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    617
    I'm also having weird things going on after latest Spotty update.. My other half has reported that when using connect with squeezelite on libreelec, tv switches itself on and stops Spotify playback.. Apparently Only turning tv off resumes playback..
    Need to double check it's not something else but it was all fine before Spotty update..
    (Lms 8.2.0 in docker on synology)
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •