Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 389
  1. #101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,796
    Quote Originally Posted by cortegedusage View Post
    Although I hardly use connect mode I just tried this, and with me I can confirm this behaviour. I don't believe it was like this before.

    cheers
    I think it is new behaviour as well. Something seems to be wrong with the communication between LMS and Spotify. Pausing from LMS works as expected.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,796
    Quote Originally Posted by cortegedusage View Post
    Although I hardly use connect mode I just tried this, and with me I can confirm this behaviour. I don't believe it was like this before.

    cheers
    I just tried Spotty 4.4.9 on my Windows laptop and pausing Spotify Connect works perfectly so definitely new behaviour.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  3. #103
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,600

    [Announce] Spotty 4.5 - improved Oggdirect, Autoplay, multi-user setup

    > Apart from the fact of junking 2 previously working pi's, there appear
    > to be 2 different pi 3 B+ (526 and 1gb). A 4 will need a new case with
    > cooling and a new power supply.


    I totally understand your frustration. But I don't understand why you
    don't help us help you... It's still not clear to me what devices you
    have. The first you mentioned in your initial posting seemed to be a
    recent model (armv8 based). Then you said it was a 2, but actually it
    was a 1st generation B. Now you mention two previously working devices.
    I'd be more than surprised if 4.4.9 was working on the B. And what's the
    second one?

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,796
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I wanted to try going back to 4.4.9 so installed it
    > manually. Then I got the red message about the helper. Going back to 4.5
    > fixed it but it is so slow. I wanted to compare it it to 4.4.9 as I
    > don't remember that being slow.


    There's no browsing related change in 4.5.0. The only code change really
    is support for auto play in Connect mode. I've been using this code for
    about a month before releasing it:

    https://github.com/michaelherger/Spo...4ec1743334728f

    As you had enabled logging, did you see where it spent most of the time?
    There seems to be an issue with connect where pausing a track from the Spotify app causes the track progress indicator to jump to the end of the track. I just tried the same with Spotty 4.4.9 on my Windows laptop and pausing works perfectly.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Apart from the fact of junking 2 previously working pi's, there appear
    > to be 2 different pi 3 B+ (526 and 1gb). A 4 will need a new case with
    > cooling and a new power supply.


    I totally understand your frustration. But I don't understand why you
    don't help us help you... It's still not clear to me what devices you
    have. The first you mentioned in your initial posting seemed to be a
    recent model (armv8 based). Then you said it was a 2, but actually it
    was a 1st generation B. Now you mention two previously working devices.
    I'd be more than surprised if 4.4.9 was working on the B. And what's the
    second one?
    I think castalla mentioned trying with a Zero.


    Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

  6. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by pputzer View Post
    I think castalla mentioned trying with a Zero.


    Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    Yep.

    The first gen pi (I always thought it was a 2) and a pi zero.

    The zero produces the same red error message.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Apart from the fact of junking 2 previously working pi's, there appear
    > to be 2 different pi 3 B+ (526 and 1gb). A 4 will need a new case with
    > cooling and a new power supply.


    I totally understand your frustration. But I don't understand why you
    don't help us help you... It's still not clear to me what devices you
    have. The first you mentioned in your initial posting seemed to be a
    recent model (armv8 based). Then you said it was a 2, but actually it
    was a 1st generation B. Now you mention two previously working devices.
    I'd be more than surprised if 4.4.9 was working on the B. And what's the
    second one?
    Well 4.4.9 did work (slowly) on the B... And 4.4.9 also worked on the zero.

    Both now produce the red warning message.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  8. #108
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,600

    [Announce] Spotty 4.5 - improved Oggdirect, Autoplay, multi-user setup

    > I just uploaded server.log
    > I restarted LMS navigated to Spotty/Albums, turned on debug logging then
    > opened the album Everything Now by Arcade Fire. The tracks were
    > displayed after around 40 seconds.


    I'm pretty sure this is IO related. You could watch "top" while you're
    running these test, to see whether it's waiting every now and then. What
    I see is that even though the responses to the albums query are served
    from cache, they take more than 10 seconds to log. It's admittedly about
    130'000 lines of log statements for 50 albums, so these sum up for your
    full list. Reading this data from cache and writing to the log is moving
    around several megabytes in a few files. If you were using a slow SD
    card, this could take some time. Or if there was an IO problem of some kind.

    All that said: this should not have changed with the update.

  9. #109
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,600

    [Announce] Spotty 4.5 - improved Oggdirect, Autoplay, multi-user setup

    > The first gen pi (I always thought it was a 2) and a pi zero.
    >
    > The zero produces the same red error message.


    This is at least the third time I'm going to ask this question, as
    you've still not answered it: what's wrong with the first device you
    mentioned, which from what I saw should be perfectly fine running
    Spotty? Why don't you want to update it?

  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,796
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I just uploaded server.log
    > I restarted LMS navigated to Spotty/Albums, turned on debug logging then
    > opened the album Everything Now by Arcade Fire. The tracks were
    > displayed after around 40 seconds.


    I'm pretty sure this is IO related. You could watch "top" while you're
    running these test, to see whether it's waiting every now and then. What
    I see is that even though the responses to the albums query are served
    from cache, they take more than 10 seconds to log. It's admittedly about
    130'000 lines of log statements for 50 albums, so these sum up for your
    full list. Reading this data from cache and writing to the log is moving
    around several megabytes in a few files. If you were using a slow SD
    card, this could take some time. Or if there was an IO problem of some kind.

    All that said: this should not have changed with the update.
    Do you want to see the same log from my Windows laptop?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •