Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Boom Wireless Encryption Failure

I've been trying to set up a Boom that I previously owned for a friend and keep getting a wireless encryption failure message. LMS is on a win10 laptop and is running the latest version. The boom connects via the ethernet and also connects wirelessly when no encryption is used. I've tried several different passwords and there have been no unwanted spaces before, during or after the various passwords. I've tried several different encryption settings and have done a factory reset on the Boom numerous times. I also reset the router. Today I tried connecting to the wireless network using a Duet Controller and that worked with a password that had previously failed on the Boom. If any of the numerous experts here have any advice or tips to get the Boom up and running I'd certainly appreciate hearing them. I probably should have posted here many hours ago.
    Thanks.
    Wayne aka Kid Audio

Try ensuring your WiFi supports WPA-TKIP (not just the better WPA2-AES) if you must use WiFi for a Boom, SB3/Classic, etc.
    owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
    (which used to reside at www. tux.org/~peterw/)
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

Quote Originally Posted by peterw View Post
    Try ensuring your WiFi supports WPA-TKIP (not just the better WPA2-AES) if you must use WiFi for a Boom, SB3/Classic, etc.
    peterw,
    Thanks for your reply. I won't get a chance to try out your tip until tomorrow but I'm hoping it puts an end to the so far never ending wireless encryption failure. I thought I had tried TKIP but it was probably with WPA-2.
    Thanks again.
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by peterw View Post
    peterw,
    It looks like your tip was a great one. The Boom is now up and running. If you have a paypal account and PM me your email I'd be more than happy to send you a few dollars for a pint as a thank you for taking the time to respond to my plea of help.
    Thanks again.
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Audio View Post
    peterw,
    It looks like your tip was a great one. The Boom is now up and running. If you have a paypal account and PM me your email I'd be more than happy to send you a few dollars for a pint as a thank you for taking the time to respond to my plea of help.
    Thanks again.
    Wayne
    Wayne, that's very kind of you. I'm content just to help, but if you'd like to buy somebody a pint, I'd suggest Michael Herger, whom we all owe a debt of gratitude not only for keeping LMS afloat, but for continuing to enhance it (directly and through plugins like Spotty) and to support this forum! http://www.herger.net/slim/index.html
    owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
    (which used to reside at www. tux.org/~peterw/)
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

[QUOTE=peterw;1025870]Wayne, that's very kind of you. I'm content just to help, but if you'd like to buy somebody a pint, I'd suggest Michael Herger, whom we all owe a debt of gratitude not only for keeping LMS afloat, but for continuing to enhance it (directly and through plugins like Spotty) and to support this forum! http://www.herger.net/slim/index.html[/QUO

peterw,
    I just sent Michael $10 which should cover the cost of a pint if he so chooses. It was nice of you to forgo a pint and mention Michael H. as a worthy recipient instead. Thanks for sending the link for Michael's paypal account as well. I also threw in an extra $10 on my end. The next time I'm out and about having a pint I'll send a "cheers" your way. Thanks again for your help.
    Wayne