Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    52

    Upgrade to LMS 8.1.1

    Hi, I am going to be upgrading from LMS 7.7.2 to 8.1.1 on my old WHS v2 (server 2008) and have read that before I do this I should install a Version Comparison Fix patch on my two SB Radios. Do I have to install this patch on my SB Touch as well?

    I can't find the applet installer on my SB Classics or SB Booms, so assume the firmware will update automatically on them!

    Any advice gratefully received.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,605
    Quote Originally Posted by greenparent View Post
    Hi, I am going to be upgrading from LMS 7.7.2 to 8.1.1 on my old WHS v2 (server 2008) and have read that before I do this I should install a Version Comparison Fix patch on my two SB Radios. Do I have to install this patch on my SB Touch as well?

    I can't find the applet installer on my SB Classics or SB Booms, so assume the firmware will update automatically on them!

    Any advice gratefully received.
    As long as your Touch has the latest official firmware (7.8......ů) you should be OK. The Radios were never updated to 7.8 so they need the patch.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    As long as your Touch has the latest official firmware (7.8......ů) you should be OK. The Radios were never updated to 7.8 so they need the patch.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Thanks ,

    The Touch is currently showing firmware 7.7.2-r9663, but is telling me that the software is up to date. Will the firmware update when it reconnects to LMS 8.1.1?

    I've never done an upgrade before and the more I read the less inclined I am to do it, but some of the newer features sound good.
    - Greenparent -

    Lounge: SB Touch - Sherwood AV 5.1 Amp - Gale 5.1 Surround Speakers
    Dinning Room: SB Touch - Panasonic Micro Hi-Fi System
    Spare Bedroom: SB 3 Classic - Trio Stereo Amp - Mordaunt Short MS 25 Speakers
    Kitchen: SB Boom
    Office/Study: SB 3 Classic
    Bedroom : SB Boom with Alarm Set (actually works!)
    Kids Rooms : SB Radio x 2
    All running from Tranquil Server WHS 2011

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,605
    Quote Originally Posted by greenparent View Post
    Thanks ,

    The Touch is currently showing firmware 7.7.2-r9663, but is telling me that the software is up to date. Will the firmware update when it reconnects to LMS 8.1.1?

    I've never done an upgrade before and the more I read the less inclined I am to do it, but some of the newer features sound good.
    If you install LMS 7.8 or 7.9 first you should be offered the 7.8 firmware. Then install 8.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    If you install LMS 7.8 or 7.9 first you should be offered the 7.8 firmware. Then install 8.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Thank you,

    I'll give that a go first then.

    I take it that I don't need to do the patch to the SB Radios until I'm updating to 8.11 then?
    - Greenparent -

    Lounge: SB Touch - Sherwood AV 5.1 Amp - Gale 5.1 Surround Speakers
    Dinning Room: SB Touch - Panasonic Micro Hi-Fi System
    Spare Bedroom: SB 3 Classic - Trio Stereo Amp - Mordaunt Short MS 25 Speakers
    Kitchen: SB Boom
    Office/Study: SB 3 Classic
    Bedroom : SB Boom with Alarm Set (actually works!)
    Kids Rooms : SB Radio x 2
    All running from Tranquil Server WHS 2011

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,605
    Quote Originally Posted by greenparent View Post
    Thank you,

    I'll give that a go first then.

    I take it that I don't need to do the patch to the SB Radios until I'm updating to 8.11 then?
    Correct. I have no idea if WHS has any issues with recent LMS versions but others may know more.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Correct. I have no idea if WHS has any issues with recent LMS versions but others may know more.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Thank you, have got to the end of the upgrades and after a short look through 8.1.1 everything seems ok on all the players.

    I was shocked by all the extra artist bits in the menu compared to 7.7.2, but when I get a chance I will look through and change to meet my needs.

    Once again, thanks for your help.
    - Greenparent -

    Lounge: SB Touch - Sherwood AV 5.1 Amp - Gale 5.1 Surround Speakers
    Dinning Room: SB Touch - Panasonic Micro Hi-Fi System
    Spare Bedroom: SB 3 Classic - Trio Stereo Amp - Mordaunt Short MS 25 Speakers
    Kitchen: SB Boom
    Office/Study: SB 3 Classic
    Bedroom : SB Boom with Alarm Set (actually works!)
    Kids Rooms : SB Radio x 2
    All running from Tranquil Server WHS 2011

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •