Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 104
  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by davidscrat View Post
    ok i tried, i have error with moving lms_oled_mini_py3.py...


    Setup for OLED with LMS on Raspberry Pi

    Are you setting up EvoSabre or RASPDac Mini?RASPDac Mini
    Setup for RASPDac Mini OLED extension (R)

    LIRC is not installed. If you continue, IR config files won't be installed
    Do you wish to exit this setup and install LIRC first?no
    Continue
    Installing python3 and freetype extension
    Downloading Extension from GitHub
    Unpacking Files
    Moving Files to home
    mv: can't rename '/tmp/tmp.J23JA7/evosabre/home/lms_oled_mini_py3.py': No such file or directory
    Installing 64 bit extension
    Backing up PCP
    Extension Installed. Now reboot using pcp rb
    Hi David

    Sorry about that - as I said, I couldn't really test it. Something wrong with the setup script changes - I'll take a look in a mo.

    In the meantime, you can get that missing file directly by

    Code:
    wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/peteS-UK/EvoSabre-DAC-PCP/main/lms_oled_mini__py3.py
    in your home folder. You might need to do a

    Code:
    chmod +x ./lms_oled_mini__py3.py
    Then do
    Code:
    pcp bu
    Then give it a try

    Code:
    python3 ./lms_oled_mini_py3.py

  2. #82
    tc@pCP:~$ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pe...d_mini__py3.py
    Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (185.199.109.133:443)
    saving to 'lms_oled_mini__py3.py'
    lms_oled_mini__py3.p 100% |************************************************* ***********************| 17285 0:00:00 ETA
    'lms_oled_mini__py3.py' saved
    tc@pCP:~$ chmod +x ./lms_oled_mini__py3.py
    tc@pCP:~$ pcp bu
    [ INFO ] Backing up files to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/mydata.tgz
    Done.
    [ OK ] Backup successful.
    [ WARN ] Your backup is a little large - 738876 bytes.
    [ INFO ] Be careful adding large files to /home/tc.
    [ INFO ] If your backup takes a long time, piCorePlayer may fail to start properly.
    tc@pCP:~$ python3 ./lms_oled_mini_py3.py
    python3: can't open file './lms_oled_mini_py3.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by davidscrat View Post
    tc@pCP:~$ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pe...d_mini__py3.py
    Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (185.199.109.133:443)
    saving to 'lms_oled_mini__py3.py'
    lms_oled_mini__py3.p 100% |************************************************* ***********************| 17285 0:00:00 ETA
    'lms_oled_mini__py3.py' saved
    tc@pCP:~$ chmod +x ./lms_oled_mini__py3.py
    tc@pCP:~$ pcp bu
    [ INFO ] Backing up files to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/mydata.tgz
    Done.
    [ OK ] Backup successful.
    [ WARN ] Your backup is a little large - 738876 bytes.
    [ INFO ] Be careful adding large files to /home/tc.
    [ INFO ] If your backup takes a long time, piCorePlayer may fail to start properly.
    tc@pCP:~$ python3 ./lms_oled_mini_py3.py
    python3: can't open file './lms_oled_mini_py3.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
    dOH - Double sorry - just spotted it. There's a spelling mistake in the filename - it's got 2 underscores in its name mini__py3.p

    Code:
    python3 ./lms_oled_mini__py3.py
    That'll be why the mv failed as well. Anyway - i'll fix that later, but for now just try as above with __ in the name,

  4. #84
    tc@pCP:~$ python3 ./lms_oled_mini__py3.py
    INFO 2022-05-26 09:51:47,817 - Default Gateway Interface: eth0
    INFO 2022-05-26 09:51:47,818 - Non WiFi WiFi Network Detected
    INFO 2022-05-26 09:51:49,829 - Player IP: 192.168.1.106
    INFO 2022-05-26 09:51:49,830 - Discovering LMS IP
    INFO 2022-05-26 09:51:49,830 - Local LMS Detected
    INFO 2022-05-26 09:51:49,831 - LMS IP: 127.0.0.1
    INFO 2022-05-26 09:51:49,832 - Player MAC: dc:a6:32:55:ba:dc
    INFO 2022-05-26 09:51:50,947 - LMS Version: 8.2.0
    INFO 2022-05-26 09:51:50,947 - Player Name: piCorePlayer
    INFO 2022-05-26 09:51:50,949 - Player State: stop

    and nothing happens

  5. #85
    I have a screen, with clock, ip, and volume...
    Cool!!

    More tests later😉

    Thanks a lot

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by davidscrat View Post
    I have a screen, with clock, ip, and volume...
    Cool!!

    More tests later��

    Thanks a lot
    Woop Woop. That's great news. What happened to make it work from your previous post?

    I had to try and fiddle the font sizes, locations etc. by combining a couple of files, so likely things won't fit, be displayed right etc.. But, if the display is working, it's easy enough to move things around.

  7. #87
    Reboot manually...
    And screen works with songs!
    Very reactive!
    👍

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    458
    Ah yes - as per the note on the original install, you need to reboot afterwards.

    Great to hear it's working. Let me know how we need to tweak any layouts so we can get it sorted.

  9. #89
    Ok some bugs,
    Screen doesnt take new infos, timing variable.
    It stops (same thing on the screen).
    I have to launch code on ssh to debug
    python3 ./lms_oled_mini__py3.py

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by davidscrat View Post
    Ok some bugs,
    Screen doesnt take new infos, timing variable.
    It stops (same thing on the screen).
    I have to launch code on ssh to debug
    python3 ./lms_oled_mini__py3.py
    If you add LOGFILE=Y to the command line, it'll dump the log out to evosabre.log. But, SSH will be easiest as you'll see any other info as well. Else, we'll need to take a look at the log files (in PCP, on the Main Page, look at Diagnostics, then Log)

    So, you're saying that it'll work OK for a while, and then the screen will freeze after some variable time?

    Or, are you saying 2 seperate things

    Screen doesnt take new infos, timing variable.
    It stops (same thing on the screen).


    Would be good if we can see an error when it stops. The fact that the items stay on the screen says it's less likely to be the script crashing (since that would probably blank the screen vs maybe a buffer or something in the driver)

    pete S

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •