Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

sda2 full on Daphile

I'm using Daphile for a while as I'm running my server in a virtual machine (Oracle Virtualbox). Ran without any issues but I recently noticed that sda2 is full. I have enough disk space and would like to extend this partition. I know this is more or a Linux question than an LMS question but would appreciate any pointers on how to do this.

Thanks.

Name:  sda2 full.png
Views: 227
Size:  84.2 KB

First determine your file system: df -T is the command for that.
    If it's ext4, this can be extended online: sudo resize2fs /dev/sda2 is the command for that.
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

Go to VM Manager
    Shut down the VM.
    Go into its settings and simply increase the size of the disk.
    You donĺt do anything at the command line
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Go to VM Manager
    Shut down the VM.
    Go into its settings and simply increase the size of the disk.
    You don’t do anything at the command line
    When creating the VM, I created a 32GB disk (seen in the screenshot). The installation created two ext4 partitions? - sda1 (DaphileBoot - 1GB) and sda2 (DaphileData - 7.6GB). No idea why DaphileData was 7.6GB and not the balance of the 32GB disk. So if I just expand the disk to say 64GB this would keep DaphileData still at 7.6GB, right?
    Last edited by backball; 2021-06-09 at 23:41.

Quote Originally Posted by backball View Post
    When creating the VM, I created a 32GB disk (seen in the screenshot). The installation created two ext4 partitions? - sda1 (DaphileBoot - 1GB) and sda2 (DaphileData - 7.6GB). No idea why DaphileData was 7.6GB and not the balance of the 32GB disk. So if I just expand the disk to say 64GB this would keep DaphileData still at 7.6GB, right?
    Yes.
    The simplest way to solve this is to use GParted Live
    Virtualbox can directly start the .iso file. You'll have to attach Daphile's storage to this VM so gparted can access it.
    Various SW: Web Interface | Text Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | Ambient Noise Mixer | DB Optimizer | Image Enhancer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...