Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Announce Planet Radio / Bauer Media plugin - PlanetRock, Absolute, Kiss, Scala ++

This plugin is for track (cover art, artist, title), programme (picture, title, synopsis), schedule (date, title, picture and URL to play) and Podcasts/Boxsets (title and URL to play) for Bauer Media (UK) stations (for example: Planet Rock, Absolute, Kiss, Jazz FM, Scala, Kerrang!, Magic, Greatest Hits, Country Hits and some local radio stations (e.g. Clyde, Cool, Pirate).
    This includes the various related stations in brands such as Absolute 80s and Kisstory.

This plugin is not supported or endorsed by Bauer Media Group.

LMS (via TuneIn) already provides track title and artist for some of the stations - but without cover art and no programme details.

You can choose whether the station or programme logo/art should be displayed when there is no track image available.

I have seen that the track information transitions are a bit out of sync with live playing - but to a varying degree across different stations and at different times.
    They do provide an offset to use but it does not seem to be correct. Overall, it is close enough to be useable.

If you find that track information is not showing then first check their web site at https://www.planetradio.co.uk and see if it is there.
    (click on the top left to get a drop down list)

If the track information is not there then it is probably why the plugin is not showing it.

The station list should appear under Radio in LMS (although you can configured it to be under Apps/My Apps or not show it at all).
    The list is ordered with most of the big name stations at the top and the rest are sorted alphabetically below.
    Some of the stations are in fact a brand name that has others below - for example Absolute and Kiss.

PlanetRadio usually provide multiple streaming links for each station. This would require deep navigation of the station list to select one to play so you can provide a set of preferred stream types (the stream type appears in brackets after the station name when do navigate down through the list).
    If one of your preferred types is available then all of the other are supressed which then makes it playable directly from the first presentation of the station.
    The default value for this field is mp3hq112 (mp3 stream at 112kbps).

If you find that some of the streams do not play then try installing the PlayHLS plugin.

If you use the RadioFeeds plugin then you may well be able to access higher bit rate streams.

This (planetradio) plugin will provide the artist/track/programme information even if the station is selected via TuneIn, Radio.Net or Radiofeeds.

Thanks to the beta testers for their encouragement and input during the development - bluetdi, chill, Heuer, local.bin, cpd73 and vinnielo (offline)
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?114214 (treat this old thread as closed but it might answer a question if you have one)

Edit:
    Clocks changed today ... this might explain why track details are not showing at the moment. Not sure yet if it is my problem or theirs!

Edit2:
    version 0.2 Added Schedule and Podcasts/Boxsets - plus a work around for the timezone issue
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2021-05-11 at 02:13.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz

Strange you don't use the higher bandwidth/quality options?

Hint, see https://www.astra2sat.com/radio/baue...radio-streams/

That said, I've still to re-discover the 320Kb stream of Jazz FM (I did have it but unfortunately lost it a while back whilst changing computer systems :-( )
    Last edited by Raymond Woodward; 2021-03-28 at 00:47.

I use the streams that planetradio put in their data ... none are hard-coded by me.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I use the streams that planetradio put in their data ... none are hard-coded by me.
    Absolute used to have FLAC streams available but they seem to be long gone

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Woodward View Post
    Strange you don't use the higher bandwidth/quality options?

Hint, see https://www.astra2sat.com/radio/baue...radio-streams/

That said, I've still to re-discover the 320Kb stream of Jazz FM (I did have it but unfortunately lost it a while back whilst changing computer systems :-( )
    Turns out that planetradio mislabels their streams and I am using the same streams that you linked to.
    For example
    JazzFM - labelled as adtshq48 but what is really streaming is 128k - and it is using the same URL as listed on astra2sat site.
    If you want to experiment then simply remove the filter in the settings page and then browse the stations and experiment.
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2021-03-29 at 02:55.
    Paul Webster

Turns out that planetradio mislabels their streams and I am using the same streams that you linked to.
    For example
    JazzFM - labelled as adtshq48 but what is really streaming is 128k - and it is using the same URL as listed on astra2sat site.
    If you want to experiment then simply remove the filter in the settings page and then browse the stations and experiment.

I understand that there are some 192k streams somewhere ... try radiofeeds to see if they are there.
    Greatest Hits Radio seems to have the same streams for both HQ and LQ settings.

What are adts streams? They don't play for me.

Some work if you have PlayHLS v2 installed.
    Paul Webster

Some work if you have PlayHLS v2 installed.
    I must have been unlucky with all the ones I tried then

Use the More in LMS to find out the URL and try it in VLC or other tools.
    Paul Webster