Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    As @Apesbrain has pointed out, you could completely remove all tags from your files (as I have done in the test album below, I just kept the album art), and you can play them by browsing to the files using "Music Folder". LMS then uses "Guess Tags" from the file name/folder structure.

Attachment 34947

Attachment 34948

Attachment 34949

Attachment 34951

Attachment 34950

If you change any tags in your files, you need to do a "Clear & rescan" then you can browse your library by Artist, Album, Genre, Year, etc...
    Yes I have been using the music folder with LMS for a good while. But like I mentioned- I have a (for a better lack of words) an LMS knockoff and with it's app if I try to use the music folder, it will say it can't play the file .

So it's best I figure out how to do this.....

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Yes I have been using the music folder with LMS for a good while. But like I mentioned- I have a (for a better lack of words) an LMS knockoff and with it's app if I try to use the music folder, it will say it can't play the file .

So it's best I figure out how to do this.....
    I suspect there is a better way. Almost every player known to man will play a basic mp3 file. Converting lossy files to FLAC is the same as painting your Porche with latex house paint and a brush. Can you do it? Yes. Should you do it? No.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify