Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry E. View Post
    Same here (upstate NY, USA). My four SBRs have worked well for years without any significant problems. Sure, there was the OCCASIONAL internet connection loss but no big deal. However, within the last week or so, the connection is lost at least several times a day. No pattern detected. Has something changed? Thanks!
    Hi Gerry,

I'm currently just north of you, Glenfield (near Old Forge).

There are a ton of threads on this. I do not have the problem but both here and WNY (home) I am very rural. So, I speak from what other have said that wifi6 (802.11x) which is the "latest and greatest" in the new routers could be reeking havoc on the radios. Did you recently get a new router? If so, you may be able to disable wifi6. If not, you ask "what changed" it could be a neighbor has wifi6 (recently got it right when your trouble started)

A couple things you could test - If you have an android device, try wifi analyzer and see if their are neighboring networks that are strong in comparison to yours (at the location of the radio). You could try ethernet just as a test. If you have a basement, try your radio in the basement below your router. The ground attenuates 2.4GHz significantly (i.e. dampen your neighbors router).

You could also try wlanpoke https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...light=wlanpoke which has helped for some.

<edit - there are other things to try as well, start here>

Jim

Only an Ethernet dongle worked for me. I’m using a Vonets.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Hi Gerry,

I'm currently just north of you, Glenfield (near Old Forge).

There are a ton of threads on this. I do not have the problem but both here and WNY (home) I am very rural. So, I speak from what other have said that wifi6 (802.11x) which is the "latest and greatest" in the new routers could be reeking havoc on the radios. Did you recently get a new router? If so, you may be able to disable wifi6. If not, you ask "what changed" it could be a neighbor has wifi6 (recently got it right when your trouble started)

A couple things you could test - If you have an android device, try wifi analyzer and see if their are neighboring networks that are strong in comparison to yours (at the location of the radio). You could try ethernet just as a test. If you have a basement, try your radio in the basement below your router. The ground attenuates 2.4GHz significantly (i.e. dampen your neighbors router).

You could also try wlanpoke https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...light=wlanpoke which has helped for some.

<edit - there are other things to try as well, start here>

Jim
    Hi Jim:

Thanks for your reply! I just got a new modem and router today (WiFi 6). I created a new network and connected my SQBX radios to it. I'm hoping the new network will fix the problem. If not, I will try wlanpoke.

Gerry

Hi Jim:

Thanks for your reply! I just got a new modem and router today (WiFi 6). I created a new network and connected my SQBX radios to it. I'm hoping the new network will fix the problem. If not, I will try wlanpoke.

Gerry
    Hi Gerry;

If your new router is indeed wifi6, your sbr might have difficulty with it. Again, I have no experience with this, but others have. .

If you do have trouble, consider disabling the wifi 6 aspect of it. I am sure you can research how to disable in your wifi 6 settings for your router. Of course, you would need to determine if you are giving up any benefits that wifi6 may or may not provide.

Jim

Funny you say that

Same here (upstate NY, USA). My four SBRs have worked well for years without any significant problems. Sure, there was the OCCASIONAL internet connection loss but no big deal. However, within the last week or so, the connection is lost at least several times a day. No pattern detected. Has something changed? Thanks!
    I'm in the same boat.
    Not that I'm close to you, but the onset of the problem was within the same timeframe, and I'm in Westchester County just north of NYC.
    It got to the point where I was spending way too much time troubleshooting this, so ultimately added an Ethernet > WiFi bridge to the wired Ethernet port on the Radio.

My town installed wireless water and gas meters in everyone's houses (including my own) over the past few years, which presumably form a mesh network, making it easier for them to pull readings without entry to the house, but this has been in place for some time now, and I didn't notice any subsequent issues.
    New 5G towers maybe? Supposedly shouldn't cause interference with 2.4/5GHz, but who knows.
    Otherwise, I can't imagine everyone's neighbor ran out and got a WiFi 6 router over the past month.