Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    I would have thought that transcoding a 32/192 file (as suggested in a reply to one of your other identical postings) is the easiest solution. It may well be that few if any regulars in these forums would use such a high resolution format, and maybe that's why you're seeing few responses. I certainly try to avoid going above 16/44.1.

Robert
    Thanks Robert for your reply.
    I have a huge Hi-Res library (few 32/192 albums though).
    It doesn't make sense for me not to play them as is!
    All 24bit from 48 till 192khz are playing without any problem. Only the 32/192 have this distorted sound!
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Naass View Post
    Thanks Robert for your reply.
    I have a huge Hi-Res library (few 32/192 albums though).
    It doesn't make sense for me not to play them as is!
    All 24bit from 48 till 192khz are playing without any problem. Only the 32/192 have this distorted sound!
    Cheers
    I suppose what I'm driving at (while trying not to cause offence) is why are you bothering with such high resolution files anyway!

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Robert,
    I'm bothered about the 32/192 because the albums I have sound much better than the same ones that I have in 16/44.1.
    And when you have the hardware and the files available to play, it make sense to try and solve the problem.

Sent from my Active using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Naass View Post
    Robert,
    I'm bothered about the 32/192 because the albums I have sound much better than the same ones that I have in 16/44.1.
    And when you have the hardware and the files available to play, it make sense to try and solve the problem.

Sent from my Active using Tapatalk
    Where do 32/192 albums come from, I have never seen them anywhere? If you do transcode to a lower bit depth they will still sound better than other versions of a better mastering was used.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Where do 32/192 albums come from, I have never seen them anywhere? If you do transcode to a lower bit depth they will still sound better than other versions of a better mastering was used.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    As I explained on the other thread (apologies for the double-thread):
    The format is .wav.
    I tried to convert one of the files to FLAC and ALAC and both failed.
    But I could covert it to WAVE using dbpoweramp and it worked and could be played with LMS.

Anyway, I thought there was a setting to be done on LMS to play such files, but it seems that LMS doesn't have this cabapility yet.
    So, I'll leave it here and for thos files I will use JRiver as I always did.

Thanks to you and all the forumers for your help.

Naass