Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I get that Password Manager is separate from NAV, just commenting on the whole Norton system on the machines. What is puzzling is that all three machines are running the same operating system with the same version (I checked), have the same Password Manager and, separately, same NAV, and all receive the same updates.

I don't have a NAS or Raspberry pi. Maybe someday I'll learn enough to build the better system. I'm very much a novice with networking and computer hardware. I bought my first Touch while living in an area with very poor radio reception so I could listen without a 40 foot aerial. My knowledge and skills with the Slimserver world since then has only been limited to keeping it going. I will invest time in learning more, but I sure wish I could figure out how to get LMS on this machine working with squeezebox.com like it was a couple of weeks ago.

And many things I do; as my wife, friends, and family will attest, are just plain crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by DMayer View Post
    I get that Password Manager is separate from NAV, just commenting on the whole Norton system on the machines. What is puzzling is that all three machines are running the same operating system with the same version (I checked), have the same Password Manager and, separately, same NAV, and all receive the same updates
    Just trying to identify where your system is different to my Win10 test set up and other Win10 systems - as your problem is probably somewhere is in the differences.

As an example, there used to be a particular brand of security s/w which would insert itself into Windows network stack to examine network streams. This would cause streaming problem on some LMS streams - even if it was disabled - it had to uninstalled. Nothing can be taken for granted especially after updates.

To that end, here's a thought... Norton also had to be reinstalled after the reset. Disabling it didn't work, but maybe I could try uninstalling it and see if that's where the problem lies? Or is that likely a waste of time?

Quote Originally Posted by DMayer View Post
    To that end, here's a thought... Norton also had to be reinstalled after the reset. Disabling it didn't work, but maybe I could try uninstalling it and see if that's where the problem lies? Or is that likely a waste of time?
    Don't thuink so.

I think password was a separate side issue which got mixed in as part of the reset.
    Your basic problem is related to networking & probably whatever is causing the "pack_sockaddr" which seems to be unique to your setup.

I have setup LMS 8.1 to run in a Synology DS218+ Docker Container as a contingency to eventually replace the Package Centre LMS 7.9 on the same drive when I'm forced to upgrade Perl or the DSM operating system and it no longer works. With the help of people in this thread, I've got it running nicely, with one exception. It's won't log me into mysqueezebox.com, so I'm missing the useful Radio shortcuts/apps in my Home menu.

Here's how 7.9 looks:
    Name:  2021-05-26 Home - 02 Radio 7.9.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  17.7 KB

Here's all I see in the same menu within 8.1:
    Name:  2021-05-26 Home - 02 Radio 8.1.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  11.6 KB

I've stopped and restarted LMS 8.1 many times, and checked it's the correct login credentials.

7.9 mysqueezebox login screen appears like this:
    Name:  2021-06-09 LMS 7.9 mysqueezebox login.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  62.9 KB

8.1 appears different, like this when I attempt to save:
    Name:  2021-06-09 LMS 8.1 mysqueezebox login.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  73.0 KB

Here's the error report I get in the log:

[21-06-09 22:02:06.7883] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (431) Unable to login to SN: Timed out waiting for data
    [21-06-09 22:02:06.7899] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (156) Unable to login to mysqueezebox.com, sync is disabled: Timed out waiting for data (https://www.mysqueezebox.com)
    [21-06-09 22:02:06.7908] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (172) mysqueezebox.com sync init failed: Timed out waiting for data, will retry in 300 (https://www.mysqueezebox.com)
    [21-06-09 22:02:36.0698] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (431) Unable to login to SN: Timed out waiting for data

Can anyone help with a solution for this? Are there any known issues with mysqueezebox login in LMS 8.1? I'm all ready to migrate fully to 8.1, but really want the convenience of having all the radio shortcuts I see in 7.9.

Thanks

Andy
    Last edited by AndyTwizzle; 2021-06-09 at 15:29.
    • Synology D218+ running LMS 8.1.1 in Docker container
    • 1 x Squeezebox Touch, 2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 x Squeezebox Receiver, Squeeze Player & Squeeze Ctrl apps on Galaxy Tab S5e & Galaxy A40
    • Raspberry Pi 4B 8GB (with 7" Touchscreen in case & Flirc USB IR dongle) & Pi 4B 8GB in Flirc case, both running piCorePlayer 8.0.0 & LMS 8.1.1, connecting over Wi-fi to DS218+, or LMS library copy on 2TB USB hard drive plugged into Pi when no Wi-fi available
    • LMS library of ALAC, ACC/M4A and MP3 files

Cant connect to mysqueezebox.com"unexpect error - check your networking"

> Here's all I see in the same menu within 8.1:

Could you please double check? I see a successful login to your account
    coming from a Docker instance and the same IP address as you posted
    from, around 11pm CET last night.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Here's all I see in the same menu within 8.1:

Could you please double check? I see a successful login to your account
    coming from a Docker instance and the same IP address as you posted
    from, around 11pm CET last night.
    Thanks for the reply. Just started up 8.1 again, and Radio menu is the same. Cleared password and saved, stopped and restarted the 8.1 Docker instance, re-inputted password and saved, and still looks like this:
    Name:  2021-06-10 LMS 8.1 Home - Radio menu.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  13.9 KB

Advanced mysqueezebox.com screen has this still:
    Name:  2021-06-10 LMS 8.1 mysqueezebox login.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  72.6 KB

Here's the latest error log (in GMT):
    [21-06-10 07:12:01.9018] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (431) Unable to login to SN: Timed out waiting for data
    [21-06-10 07:12:01.9023] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (156) Unable to login to mysqueezebox.com, sync is disabled: Timed out waiting for data (https://www.mysqueezebox.com)
    [21-06-10 07:12:01.9028] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (172) mysqueezebox.com sync init failed: Timed out waiting for data, will retry in 300 (https://www.mysqueezebox.com)
    [21-06-10 07:12:31.0708] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (431) Unable to login to SN: Timed out waiting for data

Be aware I've also logged into mysqueezebox.com in 7.9 (the IP address ending in 2). 8.1 IP address ends with 4.

Anything else I could be missing here - a stray setting in LMS somewhere. Or perhaps some sort of incoming port conflict in my 7.9 Docker container instance that clashes with the 7.9 instance (how would I check this)?

Thanks!

Andy
    Last edited by AndyTwizzle; 2021-06-10 at 00:27.
    • Synology D218+ running LMS 8.1.1 in Docker container
    • 1 x Squeezebox Touch, 2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 x Squeezebox Receiver, Squeeze Player & Squeeze Ctrl apps on Galaxy Tab S5e & Galaxy A40
    • Raspberry Pi 4B 8GB (with 7" Touchscreen in case & Flirc USB IR dongle) & Pi 4B 8GB in Flirc case, both running piCorePlayer 8.0.0 & LMS 8.1.1, connecting over Wi-fi to DS218+, or LMS library copy on 2TB USB hard drive plugged into Pi when no Wi-fi available
    • LMS library of ALAC, ACC/M4A and MP3 files

Quote Originally Posted by AndyTwizzle View Post
    Be aware I've also logged into mysqueezebox.com in 7.9 (the IP address ending in 2). 8.1 IP address ends with 4.

Anything else I could be missing here - a stray setting in LMS somewhere. Or perhaps some sort of incoming port conflict in my 7.9 Docker container instance that clashes with the 7.9 instance (how would I check this)?
    I suspect that mherger can only see the public IP address, not your local 192.x.y.2/192.1x.y.4 (or whatever).
    The UserAgent field probably provides some system info so maybe he can see that it is coming from Docker.

Can you get command line session into that Docker image and then try a wget on the same destination?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Dandelion Radio, Europa Radio Jazz, Frequence3, FSK, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Radio Swiss, RTE Ireland, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

Cant connect to mysqueezebox.com"unexpect error - check your networking"

> Here's the latest error log (in GMT):
    > [21-06-10 07:12:01.9018] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (431)
    > Unable to login to SN: Timed out waiting for data

Hmm... and again I'm seeing a successful signin a bit later. The user
    agent string is: "iTunes/4.7.1 (Linux; N; Debian (Docker); x86_64-linux;
    EN; utf8) SqueezeCenter, Squeezebox Server, Logitech Media
    Server/8.1.1/1610364019"

I'd suggest to leave LMS running in Docker for a bit and check again
    after a while whether the menus have populated by then.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Here's the latest error log (in GMT):
    > [21-06-10 07:12:01.9018] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (431)
    > Unable to login to SN: Timed out waiting for data

Hmm... and again I'm seeing a successful signin a bit later. The user
    agent string is: "iTunes/4.7.1 (Linux; N; Debian (Docker); x86_64-linux;
    EN; utf8) SqueezeCenter, Squeezebox Server, Logitech Media
    Server/8.1.1/1610364019"

I'd suggest to leave LMS running in Docker for a bit and check again
    after a while whether the menus have populated by then.
    Thanks for the info. Actually, I was running the Docker LMS 8.1 continuously for a couple of weeks to test it out until around a week ago, and saw no changes to the Radio menu options.

This morning I turned off the Docker instance and restarted my Package Centre 7.9 version shortly afterwards.

Is it possible 8.1 is successfully logging me in at the mysqueezebox end, but something's stopping the account info coming back into my Synology somehow (ports, firewalls, etc.)?
    Last edited by AndyTwizzle; 2021-06-10 at 04:38.