Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyTwizzle View Post
    I'm interested by the multiple references to sync being disabled on the login attempts with the correct credentials - what could this mean?
    I think it relates to keeping settings in sync. see WebUI Settings/mysqueezbox.com tab - "mysqueezebox.com integration"

When you're not logged in - the settings can't be synced.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I think it relates to keeping settings in sync. see WebUI Settings/mysqueezbox.com tab - "mysqueezebox.com integration"

When you're not logged in - the settings can't be synced.
    Yeah, that's this - I have keep player settings in sync enabled, just as in 7.9. I even tried disabling it and re-enabling to see if that made a different to my Radio shortcuts, but nothing.
    Name:  2021-06-10 LMS 8.1 mysqueezebox login.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  72.6 KB

Thanks

Andy
    My setup:
    • LMS 8.1.1 running in Docker container on Synology D218+ connected to Wi-Fi router via LAN cable
    • 1 x Squeezebox Touch, 2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 x Squeezebox Receiver, plus Squeeze Player and Squeeze Ctrl Android apps on Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e and Samsung Galaxy A40 - all connecting over Wi-Fi
    • LMS library either ALAC Apple Lossless (scanned in on iTunes) or ACC/M4A 256kbps downloads from iTunes

Attachment 34959

Does this give any more clues?

Thanks

Andy
    You do have the Radio plugin installed? Without this plugin you would only see Tune in URL under the Radio menu.

Name:  plugins.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  97.2 KB

Name:  Radio menu.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  9.1 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    You do have the Radio plugin installed? Without this plugin you would only see Tune in URL under the Radio menu.
    Yes, Yes, YES!!! - You've solved the problem for me! THANK YOU!!!
    Name:  2021-06-10 LMS 8.1 Home - Radio menu 3 - solved.JPG
Size:  22.9 KB

Got 'em back - brilliant! The really odd thing with this, is I screenshotted all my LMS 7.9 settings before setting 8.1 Docker up, and the Radio plug isn't an active plugin in 7.9, and isn't listed as an inactive one either:
    Name:  2021-06-10 LMS 7.9 Active plugins.JPG
Size:  29.7 KB
    ...So I wouldn't have know I needed to add this to get those menu options to appear - guess this is a change/addition somewhere between 7.9 and 8.1.

I guess those mysqueezebox login errors were genuinely initial attempts, then retries to login, which eventually were successful somewhere later in the logs? I'm now ready to fully migrate to the 8.1 Docker version of LMS from the Package Centre 7.9 version whenever I'm ready to either upgrade Perl or upgrade to DSM7. Will carry on using the Docker version for a couple of weeks as an elongated test, then probably move back to 7.9 until I'm ready to permanently switch over.

Anyway, thanks so much for finding such a simple solution to solve my woes! Any thanks to everyone else who has provided advice and taught me an awful lot more about the workings of LMS in the process!

Dead chuffed now!

Cheers

Andy
    My setup:
    • LMS 8.1.1 running in Docker container on Synology D218+ connected to Wi-Fi router via LAN cable
    • 1 x Squeezebox Touch, 2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 x Squeezebox Receiver, plus Squeeze Player and Squeeze Ctrl Android apps on Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e and Samsung Galaxy A40 - all connecting over Wi-Fi
    • LMS library either ALAC Apple Lossless (scanned in on iTunes) or ACC/M4A 256kbps downloads from iTunes

Yes, Yes, YES!!! - You've solved the problem for me! THANK YOU!!!
    Name:  2021-06-10 LMS 8.1 Home - Radio menu 3 - solved.JPG
Size:  22.9 KB

Got 'em back - brilliant! The really odd thing with this, is I screenshotted all my LMS 7.9 settings before setting 8.1 Docker up, and the Radio plug isn't an active plugin in 7.9, and isn't listed as an inactive one either:
    Name:  2021-06-10 LMS 7.9 Active plugins.JPG
Size:  29.7 KB
    ...So I wouldn't have know I needed to add this to get those menu options to appear - guess this is a change/addition somewhere between 7.9 and 8.1.

I guess those mysqueezebox login errors were genuinely initial attempts, then retries to login, which eventually were successful somewhere later in the logs? I'm now ready to fully migrate to the 8.1 Docker version of LMS from the Package Centre 7.9 version whenever I'm ready to either upgrade Perl or upgrade to DSM7. Will carry on using the Docker version for a couple of weeks as an elongated test, then probably move back to 7.9 until I'm ready to permanently switch over.

Anyway, thanks so much for finding such a simple solution to solve my woes! Any thanks to everyone else who has provided advice and taught me an awful lot more about the workings of LMS in the process!

Dead chuffed now!

Cheers

Andy
    Sounds like you must have removed the Radio plugin at some time.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Cant connect to mysqueezebox.com"unexpect error - check your networking"

> Got 'em back - brilliant! The really odd thing with this, is I
    > screenshotted all my LMS 7.9 settings before setting 8.1 Docker up, and
    > the Radio plug isn't an active plugin in 7.9, and isn't listed as an
    > inactive one either:

I believe in 7.9 you were not able to disable the Radio plugin. This
    option was introduced later.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Got 'em back - brilliant! The really odd thing with this, is I
    > screenshotted all my LMS 7.9 settings before setting 8.1 Docker up, and
    > the Radio plug isn't an active plugin in 7.9, and isn't listed as an
    > inactive one either:

I believe in 7.9 you were not able to disable the Radio plugin. This
    option was introduced later.
    Ah, that would explain it!
    My setup: