Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyTwizzle View Post
    I'm interested by the multiple references to sync being disabled on the login attempts with the correct credentials - what could this mean?
    I think it relates to keeping settings in sync. see WebUI Settings/mysqueezbox.com tab - "mysqueezebox.com integration"

When you're not logged in - the settings can't be synced.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I think it relates to keeping settings in sync. see WebUI Settings/mysqueezbox.com tab - "mysqueezebox.com integration"

When you're not logged in - the settings can't be synced.
    Yeah, that's this - I have keep player settings in sync enabled, just as in 7.9. I even tried disabling it and re-enabling to see if that made a different to my Radio shortcuts, but nothing.
    Name:  2021-06-10 LMS 8.1 mysqueezebox login.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  72.6 KB

Thanks

Andy
    • Synology D218+ running LMS 8.1.1 in Docker container
    • 1 x Squeezebox Touch, 2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 x Squeezebox Receiver, Squeeze Player & Squeeze Ctrl apps on Galaxy Tab S5e & Galaxy A40
    • Raspberry Pi 4B 8GB (with 7" Touchscreen in case & Flirc USB IR dongle) & Pi 4B 8GB in Flirc case, both running piCorePlayer 8.0.0 & LMS 8.1.1, connecting over Wi-fi to DS218+, or LMS library copy on 2TB USB hard drive plugged into Pi when no Wi-fi available
    • LMS library of ALAC, ACC/M4A and MP3 files

Attachment 34959

Does this give any more clues?

Thanks

Andy
    You do have the Radio plugin installed? Without this plugin you would only see Tune in URL under the Radio menu.

Name:  plugins.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  97.2 KB

Name:  Radio menu.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  9.1 KB
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    You do have the Radio plugin installed? Without this plugin you would only see Tune in URL under the Radio menu.
    Yes, Yes, YES!!! - You've solved the problem for me! THANK YOU!!!
    Name:  2021-06-10 LMS 8.1 Home - Radio menu 3 - solved.JPG
Size:  22.9 KB

Got 'em back - brilliant! The really odd thing with this, is I screenshotted all my LMS 7.9 settings before setting 8.1 Docker up, and the Radio plug isn't an active plugin in 7.9, and isn't listed as an inactive one either:
    Name:  2021-06-10 LMS 7.9 Active plugins.JPG
Size:  29.7 KB
    ...So I wouldn't have know I needed to add this to get those menu options to appear - guess this is a change/addition somewhere between 7.9 and 8.1.

I guess those mysqueezebox login errors were genuinely initial attempts, then retries to login, which eventually were successful somewhere later in the logs? I'm now ready to fully migrate to the 8.1 Docker version of LMS from the Package Centre 7.9 version whenever I'm ready to either upgrade Perl or upgrade to DSM7. Will carry on using the Docker version for a couple of weeks as an elongated test, then probably move back to 7.9 until I'm ready to permanently switch over.

Anyway, thanks so much for finding such a simple solution to solve my woes! Any thanks to everyone else who has provided advice and taught me an awful lot more about the workings of LMS in the process!

Dead chuffed now!

Cheers

Andy
    • 1 x Squeezebox Touch, 2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 x Squeezebox Receiver, Squeeze Player & Squeeze Ctrl apps on Galaxy Tab S5e & Galaxy A40
    • Raspberry Pi 4B 8GB (with 7" Touchscreen in case & Flirc USB IR dongle) & Pi 4B 8GB in Flirc case, both running piCorePlayer 8.0.0 & LMS 8.1.1, connecting over Wi-fi to DS218+, or LMS library copy on 2TB USB hard drive plugged into Pi when no Wi-fi available

Yes, Yes, YES!!! - You've solved the problem for me! THANK YOU!!!
    Name:  2021-06-10 LMS 8.1 Home - Radio menu 3 - solved.JPG
Size:  22.9 KB

Got 'em back - brilliant! The really odd thing with this, is I screenshotted all my LMS 7.9 settings before setting 8.1 Docker up, and the Radio plug isn't an active plugin in 7.9, and isn't listed as an inactive one either:
    Name:  2021-06-10 LMS 7.9 Active plugins.JPG
Size:  29.7 KB
    ...So I wouldn't have know I needed to add this to get those menu options to appear - guess this is a change/addition somewhere between 7.9 and 8.1.

I guess those mysqueezebox login errors were genuinely initial attempts, then retries to login, which eventually were successful somewhere later in the logs? I'm now ready to fully migrate to the 8.1 Docker version of LMS from the Package Centre 7.9 version whenever I'm ready to either upgrade Perl or upgrade to DSM7. Will carry on using the Docker version for a couple of weeks as an elongated test, then probably move back to 7.9 until I'm ready to permanently switch over.

Anyway, thanks so much for finding such a simple solution to solve my woes! Any thanks to everyone else who has provided advice and taught me an awful lot more about the workings of LMS in the process!

Dead chuffed now!

Cheers

Andy
    Sounds like you must have removed the Radio plugin at some time.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Cant connect to mysqueezebox.com"unexpect error - check your networking"

> Got 'em back - brilliant! The really odd thing with this, is I
    > screenshotted all my LMS 7.9 settings before setting 8.1 Docker up, and
    > the Radio plug isn't an active plugin in 7.9, and isn't listed as an
    > inactive one either:

I believe in 7.9 you were not able to disable the Radio plugin. This
    option was introduced later.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Got 'em back - brilliant! The really odd thing with this, is I
    > screenshotted all my LMS 7.9 settings before setting 8.1 Docker up, and
    > the Radio plug isn't an active plugin in 7.9, and isn't listed as an
    > inactive one either:

I believe in 7.9 you were not able to disable the Radio plugin. This
    option was introduced later.
    Ah, that would explain it!

mysqueezebox.com refused to connect- resolved!

I've been away from this thread for a couple of months due to higher priorities and because I had a workaround; but I wanted to share my experiences and resolution to my problem. The problem was resolved by creating a new rule in the firewall allowing Logitech Media Server Service Helper internet access. I'm really not sure if it was allowed before or not, or if it became necessary upgrading from LMS 7.7 to 8.1. I traced the problem by noticing that the plugins were not able to access the GitHub repository. Since mysqueezebox.com had a helper in the plugins, it made sense to me that the problem lied therein.

As a note for those using Norton 360: turning off Norton 360 does NOT turn off Windows security firewall. Also, although Radio options in Web Control returned immediately after instituting the new firewall rule, connection to mysqueezebox.com didn't work until after a system shutdown. Repeated restarts of the system didn't work. Apparently, there is a difference between a system shutdown and powering back up with a system restart, if that makes any sense. It's just my personal experience on my system, for what it's worth.

I want to send thanks to all in the LMS community for their insights and support. I love having my system work like it was a couple of months ago, only with better understanding of the capabilities and technology. A special thanks from me to bpa, mherger, and senior contributors for their continued participation and work.