Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    3

    Problem playing back audiobooks

    Hello
    I have recently revived my old squeezebox setup using a RPi 4b as the server. Everything is working well, excepting some audiobook files are not playing back properly.
    The first batch of MP3 show the status bar of the player moving, but I get no audio. These are 22.05 kHz MP3
    The second batch of MP4 play back, but the audio is sped up. These are also 22.05 kHz
    I have other audiobooks, but at different Hz, and those playback fine. I have checked the server log, but it shows no errors during playback.

    Any help would be appreciate.

    LMS 8.2 running on RPi 4b, wired
    (2) squeezebox classics, wired

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,643
    Need to know more audio details about the streams.

    Quote Originally Posted by TedBias View Post
    These are 22.05 kHz MP3
    1 channel or 2 channel ?

    The second batch of MP4 play back, but the audio is sped up. These are also 22.05 kHz
    How fast is it sped up ? Does it playback at twice the speed - this would imply 1 ch vs 2ch

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    3
    All the problematic tracks are listed as "mono" others that work are "stereo". All the files play normally on my computer.
    It does seem like the sped up tracks are playing 2x as fast as they should.

    So... I used VLC and converted some of the problem tracks. The outcome was: tracks I converted to stereo, but kept the 22.1 Hz setting still did not play. Tracks that I changed both the mono to stereo and Hz to 44.1 all played fine.

    Anyone know a way to batch convert a bunch of tracks from mono to stereo and 22.1 to 44.1, retaining the file names and more importantly tag info?

    Thanks you for the help
    Last edited by TedBias; 2021-06-01 at 12:01.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    5,924
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBias View Post
    All the problematic tracks are listed as "mono" others that work are "stereo". All the files play normally on my computer.
    It does seem like the sped up tracks are playing 2x as fast as they should.

    So... I used VLC and converted some of the problem tracks. The outcome was: tracks I converted to stereo, but kept the 22.1 Hz setting still did not play. Tracks that I changed both the mono to stereo and Hz to 44.1 all played fine.

    Anyone know a way to batch convert a bunch of tracks from mono to stereo and 22.1 to 44.1, retaining the file names and more importantly tag info?

    Thanks you for the help
    dbPoweramp Reference incorporates a very flexible conversion tool that I think will do what you want
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    3
    Just to wrap this up, I was able to convert some of the problematic files. The first batch I converted to 44.1 Hz/mono and those played on my squeezebox classic, but iPeng on my iPhone did not play those. I converted the rest to 44.1/stereo and those played on both. Finicky

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •