Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    I have flashed the squeezeAMP with firmware 665, and it has played through over 1h30m of 16/44.1 flac files.

    AFAICT, my problems start with 681. And if I am the only person reporting this, I suspect it doesn't merit much more investigation...

    Robert
    I really do need to investigate it b/c others might not seen it but it's there. I would say differently should you have some problems with 665 and below as well. But at that point, I think you have already provided all necessary help. One last thing: what is the WiFi scanning method you've selected and do you have multiple AP across your home
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I really do need to investigate it b/c others might not seen it but it's there. I would say differently should you have some problems with 665 and below as well. But at that point, I think you have already provided all necessary help. One last thing: what is the WiFi scanning method you've selected and do you have multiple AP across your home
    At the moment I'm using Fast mode, though I tried Comprehensive.

    I have several APs, but with different SSIDs - there is only one AP with the SSID I'm using for SqueezeAMP. I keep an eye on the channels used in my house and by my neighbours - there's no huge overlap.

    Is there a way I can use telnet to retrieve system events and see what actually happens? I noted that ElFishi suggested earlier in this thread that this might not actually be terribly informative.

    Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    At the moment I'm using Fast mode, though I tried Comprehensive.

    I have several APs, but with different SSIDs - there is only one AP with the SSID I'm using for SqueezeAMP. I keep an eye on the channels used in my house and by my neighbours - there's no huge overlap.

    Is there a way I can use telnet to retrieve system events and see what actually happens? I noted that ElFishi suggested earlier in this thread that this might not actually be terribly informative.

    Robert
    You can enable telnet and see what happens and but @elfishi is right that as it seems to be a loss of WiFi connection, not just a loss of LMS' connection, telnet will probably stop as well. Look tat the parameters in the webUI to enable telnet, still
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    422
    I ran fw: I2S-4MFlash.32.689.master-cmake today for ca 1.5h with Spotty and an entire Siegfried from flac while logging it via serial:
    no glitch. Watched pot never boils, I presume.

    For a while I also ran it sync'ed to a second ESP running fw: I2S-4MFlash.32.665.master-cmake.
    In this period I logged lots of skipped frames:

    Code:
    [00:24:23.770566] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:24:23.771192] _output_frames:73 skip 485 of 485 frames
    [00:24:23.816883] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:24:29.807527] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:24:29.808049] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:24:29.853874] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:24:36.817888] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:24:36.818413] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:24:36.864265] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:24:47.779487] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:24:47.780337] _output_frames:73 skip 573 of 573 frames
    [00:24:47.825798] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:24:53.816429] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:24:53.816973] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:24:53.862831] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:00.826764] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:00.827302] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:25:00.873197] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:04.824380] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:04.825040] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:25:04.870728] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:16.898362] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:16.899070] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:25:16.944761] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:22.889302] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:22.890946] _output_frames:73 skip 485 of 485 frames
    [00:25:22.935323] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:28.879601] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:28.880191] _output_frames:73 skip 573 of 573 frames
    [00:25:28.926041] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:40.860886] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:40.861488] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:25:40.907240] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:52.795807] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:52.796318] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:25:52.842124] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:58.879498] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:58.880113] _output_frames:73 skip 485 of 485 frames
    [00:25:58.925543] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:26:04.869750] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:26:04.870351] _output_frames:73 skip 529 of 529 frames
    [00:26:04.916087] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    ...
    I couldn't hear an effect, though.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Va USA
    Posts
    226
    I have had the same problem twice this week.Two different fails.
    One trying to play this morning and no sound. The green light was flashing a pattern 1 and then 6 rapid flashes ( as I recall ).
    The other while playing music after the squeezeAMP has been idle and it just stops and is unresponsive to the web page.
    A power off and 'fixed it'. I checked access points and ran inSSIDer to check interference. A bit congested but not unusual. WiFi scan mode is on fast. The AP is about 20ft of clear air away.
    The squeezeAMP is on squeezelite-esp32-master-cmake-SqueezeAmp-32-1.689.bin. I had to do a 'manual' upload last week (5/28 ) when I did the last update.
    It had downloaded and installed through the web interface the last couple of times, just not last week.
    2 Duets controllers, 1 X Boom, 1 X Radio
    1 X Receiver + Edifier S1000DB
    1 X Receiver + Yamaha RX-A2000, Polk M70
    1 X Receiver + Boston MicroSystem CD
    Raspberry Pi 3 B+ HiFi Berry Amp2 7" touchscreen PiCorePlayer 7.0 Audioengine A5 ( passive mode )
    Raspberry Pi 2 B, HiFiBerry Dac+ & Max2play
    SqueezeAmp 3 Monsoon MM-700 flat panels + Infinity sub
    HTC 10 w/ Squeeze Ctrl
    ReadyNAS 516 LMS 8.2.1

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,481
    Quote Originally Posted by mark wollschlager View Post
    I have had the same problem twice this week.Two different fails.
    One trying to play this morning and no sound. The green light was flashing a pattern 1 and then 6 rapid flashes ( as I recall ).
    The other while playing music after the squeezeAMP has been idle and it just stops and is unresponsive to the web page.
    A power off and 'fixed it'. I checked access points and ran inSSIDer to check interference. A bit congested but not unusual. WiFi scan mode is on fast. The AP is about 20ft of clear air away.
    The squeezeAMP is on squeezelite-esp32-master-cmake-SqueezeAmp-32-1.689.bin. I had to do a 'manual' upload last week (5/28 ) when I did the last update.
    It had downloaded and installed through the web interface the last couple of times, just not last week.
    So it seems to be again a "wifi connection loss". I need to reproduce with the serial connected to see what's going on. Any chance you could tell me if you did anything with your LMS server/network between the last time you saw the AMP working and when it stopped responding? (updates/restarts/config...)
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,481
    Quote Originally Posted by ElFishi View Post
    I ran fw: I2S-4MFlash.32.689.master-cmake today for ca 1.5h with Spotty and an entire Siegfried from flac while logging it via serial:
    no glitch. Watched pot never boils, I presume.

    For a while I also ran it sync'ed to a second ESP running fw: I2S-4MFlash.32.665.master-cmake.
    In this period I logged lots of skipped frames:

    Code:
    [00:24:23.770566] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:24:23.771192] _output_frames:73 skip 485 of 485 frames
    [00:24:23.816883] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:24:29.807527] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:24:29.808049] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:24:29.853874] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:24:36.817888] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:24:36.818413] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:24:36.864265] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:24:47.779487] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:24:47.780337] _output_frames:73 skip 573 of 573 frames
    [00:24:47.825798] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:24:53.816429] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:24:53.816973] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:24:53.862831] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:00.826764] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:00.827302] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:25:00.873197] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:04.824380] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:04.825040] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:25:04.870728] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:16.898362] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:16.899070] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:25:16.944761] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:22.889302] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:22.890946] _output_frames:73 skip 485 of 485 frames
    [00:25:22.935323] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:28.879601] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:28.880191] _output_frames:73 skip 573 of 573 frames
    [00:25:28.926041] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:40.860886] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:40.861488] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:25:40.907240] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:52.795807] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:52.796318] _output_frames:73 skip 441 of 441 frames
    [00:25:52.842124] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:25:58.879498] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:25:58.880113] _output_frames:73 skip 485 of 485 frames
    [00:25:58.925543] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    [00:26:04.869750] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 4
    [00:26:04.870351] _output_frames:73 skip 529 of 529 frames
    [00:26:04.916087] output_thread_i2s:448 Output state is 2
    ...
    I couldn't hear an effect, though.
    These are 10 ms steps, so not always easy to hear. What were the other players in the sync group
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    So it seems to be again a "wifi connection loss". I need to reproduce with the serial connected to see what's going on. Any chance you could tell me if you did anything with your LMS server/network between the last time you saw the AMP working and when it stopped responding? (updates/restarts/config...)
    In my case, the squeezeAMP remains listed as an attached device when I look at what's connected to the router, despite no longer showing up on LMS and being unreachable via the web interface - doesn't that mean wifi still operating, but that some functions on the squeezeAMP have stopped?

    Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    These are 10 ms steps, so not always easy to hear. What were the other players in the sync group
    the group consisted of two WROVERs, one I2S-4MFlash.32.689.master-cmake and one I2S-4MFlash.32.665

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    So it seems to be again a "wifi connection loss". I need to reproduce with the serial connected to see what's going on. Any chance you could tell me if you did anything with your LMS server/network between the last time you saw the AMP working and when it stopped responding? (updates/restarts/config...)
    In my case I had an update to Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1622353602 @ Sun May 30 08:18:08 CEST 2021 in between.
    Plenty of restarts, no config change.
    I checked my WiFi environment with inSSIDer, too. It is crowded as ususal. At one point months ago I decided to keep the channel fixed and not switched by the router to the "optimal" channel.
    I believed the router's choice of channel wasn't always optimal for squeezelite-esp32. Wifi connection was stable after that change. It was only recently (I have no exact instance) that I experienced rare occasions of loss of connection.
    As I posted above, yesterday I couldn't reproduce it.

    CORRECTION: just found a loss of connection and core dump in the log. I seem to have missed this (4hrs of Siegfried is long....).
    Will post details later.
    Last edited by ElFishi; 2021-06-04 at 00:54.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •