Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

LMS On Asustor NAS

I'm told I can run LMS on an Asustor NAS. But search as I might I can't find out how to install it. I've found threads on updating it but not to find out where I can download and install it from. I used to have it on a headless micro PC but that along with my NAS and other bits got zapped by a ligtning strilk this weel solooking at possible alternatives. I know I could put it on a PI but I would like to reduce the number of boxes (however small) I have on the system.
    Can anyone point me to the right place please>
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.1.2-git648d7bd@Daphile 21.04-b101500-x86_64rt
    Squeezebox Touch: Firmware: 7.7.1-r9561
    Squeezeplay 7.5.3 - r0
    Sqwueezebox Radio: Firmware: 7.7.2-r9663

Quote Originally Posted by cliver View Post
    I'm told I can run LMS on an Asustor NAS. But search as I might I can't find out how to install it. I've found threads on updating it but not to find out where I can download and install it from. I used to have it on a headless micro PC but that along with my NAS and other bits got zapped by a ligtning strilk this weel solooking at possible alternatives. I know I could put it on a PI but I would like to reduce the number of boxes (however small) I have on the system.
    Can anyone point me to the right place please>
    But according to your signature you already have 2 Piĺs?! Why not install LMS on one of them and mount the Asustor drives via CIFS or NFS?
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    But according to your signature you already have 2 Pi’s?! Why not install LMS on one of them and mount the Asustor drives via CIFS or NFS?
    One is doing other things and the other has gone belly up due to a ligtening strike on my property.
    I did have it running on an old headless mini pc but that went the same way as the much of my kit in the ligtening strike.
    Plus I want to consilidate/reduce the number of seperate boxes I have if I can.

That said, I might just go for another headless mini.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.1.2-git648d7bd@Daphile 21.04-b101500-x86_64rt
    Squeezebox Touch: Firmware: 7.7.1-r9561
    Squeezeplay 7.5.3 - r0
    Sqwueezebox Radio: Firmware: 7.7.2-r9663

Quote Originally Posted by cliver View Post
    One is doing other things and the other has gone belly up due to a ligtening strike on my property.
    I did have it running on an old headless mini pc but that went the same way as the much of my kit in the ligtening strike.
    Plus I want to consilidate/reduce the number of seperate boxes I have if I can.

That said, I might just go for another headless mini.
    Hi, I use Docker and Portainer to handle easily, on my Asustor nas, with the LMS docker. Is easiest to install and upgrade. I did notice a quite old lms app in the beta apps section. That might be installable and upgradeable as well?