Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

200Hz by Supertramp?

I was goofing around last night testing the output voltage from the 3.5mm analog port on the Aopen Chromebase Mini and created a 200Hz test tone wav file to use for the voltage check. It got Supertramp cover art, which seems a bit strange.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by sodface View Post
    I was goofing around last night testing the output voltage from the 3.5mm analog port on the Aopen Chromebase Mini and created a 200Hz test tone wav file to use for the voltage check. It got Supertramp cover art, which seems a bit strange.
    A Google search for "200Hz Supertramp" does actually turn up some specific hits, because of the EQ applied to the bass on "Breakfast in America":

"We put a ton of EQ on it Ś literally +10dB at 100Hz and +10 at 200Hz ..." in https://www.soundonsound.com/techniq...p-logical-song

Maybe whatever's finding the cover art used this association?
    Duet x 3, via various hi-fi. LMS on Raspberry Pi OS (Debian 10) on a Pi4.

Can you work out where that artwork really came from?
    If you can then my guess is that you will find a music file there with bad tags - resulting in no artist being found.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Thanks for the replies gents, I should have provided more info in my first post - I made the 200Hz tone wav file in Audacity and then copied it into a folder on the LMS server that I've creatively named "Misc." There's 311 audio files in the root of this folder, mostly old stuff that I'd be embarrassed to provide a full listing of!

There are two files that have Supertramp in the filename:
    Code:
    Supertramp - Goodbye Stranger.mp3
    Supertramp - Take The Long Way Home.mp3
    It seems many of the tracks in that folder get the same Supertramp artwork but some don't. See below.

Thanks for the replies gents, I should have provided more info in my first post - I made the 200Hz tone wav file in Audacity and then copied it into a folder on the LMS server that I've creatively named "Misc." There's 311 audio files in the root of this folder, mostly old stuff that I'd be embarrassed to provide a full listing of!

There are two files that have Supertramp in the filename:
    Code:
    Supertramp - Goodbye Stranger.mp3
    Supertramp - Take The Long Way Home.mp3
    It seems many of the tracks in that folder get the same Supertramp artwork but some don't.
    LMS does not create artwork itself. It displays artwork that is embedded in audio files, and if an audio file does not have embedded artwork it displays artwork that is located in the folder, for example in a hidden folder.jpg file. I suggest that you check if there are one or more (hidden) picture files in your Misc folder. If not you can use a program like "mp3tag" to add or remove embedded artwork from audio files.
    Last edited by CJS; 2021-05-29 at 07:48.
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 7.0.1 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    LMS does not create artwork itself. It displays artwork that is embedded in audio files, and if an audio file does not have embedded artwork it displays artwork that is located in the folder, for example in a hidden folder.jpg file. I suggest that you check if there are one or more (hidden) picture files in your Misc folder. If not you can use a program like "mp3tag" to add or remove embedded artwork from audio files.
    Code:
    sodco:/mnt/music/Misc$ ls -a | grep -i folder
    sodco:/mnt/music/Misc$ ls -a | grep -i jpg
    AlbumArt_{243ACF15-E2D0-4E82-A3DA-9085D3251185}_Large.jpg
    AlbumArt_{243ACF15-E2D0-4E82-A3DA-9085D3251185}_Small.jpg
    AlbumArt_{28B78E6C-3083-44EC-BD01-8408CAA63FF8}_Large.jpg
    AlbumArt_{28B78E6C-3083-44EC-BD01-8408CAA63FF8}_Small.jpg
    AlbumArt_{34FD2354-88E9-4860-AF22-7025000E0FBF}_Large.jpg
    AlbumArt_{34FD2354-88E9-4860-AF22-7025000E0FBF}_Small.jpg
    AlbumArt_{CAF74C9C-9048-41C4-A849-6E32B2C26951}_Large.jpg
    AlbumArt_{CAF74C9C-9048-41C4-A849-6E32B2C26951}_Small.jpg
    The two that have ...FBF} in the filename are two different sizes of the Supertramp image. The other ones are different images.

I deleted all those .jpg's, and also deleted the artwork.db file (not sure if this was necessary) and restarted LMS. Seems to have done the trick. Thanks.

P.S. My top level music directory has been copied from server to server over the span of many years, to include windows -> linux, so I'm not sure what extra stuff might be lurking about from previous incarnations.
    Last edited by sodface; 2021-05-29 at 08:21.

Might come back on the next "clear and rescan" but with a different image.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

P.S. My top level music directory has been copied from server to server over the span of many years, to include windows -> linux, so I'm not sure what extra stuff might be lurking about from previous incarnations.
    Looking at the names of those jpg files, I suspect that these files were created by Windows Media Player under Windows XP or Windows 7. Windows Media Player was notorious for creating artwork mess in the My Music folders, for example by replacing high resolution cover art with low resolution cover art without asking. See this article.

If you delete those jpg files I don't expect them to come back, assuming that you don't use Windows Media Player anymore for managing your Music library.
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 7.0.1 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    Looking at the names of those jpg files, I suspect that these files were created by Windows Media Player under Windows XP or Windows 7. Windows Media Player was notorious for creating artwork mess in the My Music folders, for example by replacing high resolution cover art with low resolution cover art without asking. See this article.

If you delete those jpg files I don't expect them to come back, assuming that you don't use Windows Media Player anymore for managing your Music library.
    Thanks for the info and link, and you are correct, I don't use WMP (or Windows) anymore and I don't really remember every using it much when I was on Windows - and never to manage the library, That said, I just deleted 172 more files of the form "AlbumArt_*".