Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Senior Member Heuer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingermagic View Post
    Thanks everyone!

    I think I should give chill's Jivelite a proper try.

    Can anyone point me to a tutorial that goes through the setup? I did try running it, but I obviously hadn't got the network setting right and didn't know how to change them.

    Thanks,
    Damian
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Where would one find this distro, and easy instructions?

    chill's Jivelite for Joggler thread: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Joggler/page17
    chill's repo - choose internal or USB flash: http://www.cjh.me.uk/joggler/alpha04/


    Simple to install using the reflash system: https://birdslikewires.net/openframe-flash

    1. Copy Openpeak image and MD5 file to USB stick: https://birdslikewires.net/openpeak-firmware
    2. Use reflash tool to restore Joggler to Openpeak f/w: https://birdslikewires.net/openframe-flash
    3. Copy chill's image and MD5 files to USB and flash using reflash tool: http://www.cjh.me.uk/joggler/alpha04/
    4. Reboot Joggler and it should open Jivelite
    5. Setup wifi and select LMS server (which should be LMS V8.1.2)
    Last edited by Heuer; 2021-05-28 at 09:18.
    Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
    Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
    Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
    Bedroom: Radio
    Shed: Radio
    Workshop: Boom
    Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
    Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I documented how to resolve that on the JogglerWiki forum ... but if you have a recent LMS 8 then ... that should not happen.
    Which version of LMS are you running?

    Old post
    https://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/vi...p=32469#p32469
    I'm running 8.1.0

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
    chill's Jivelite for Joggler thread: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Joggler/page17
    chill's repo - choose internal or USB flash: http://www.cjh.me.uk/joggler/alpha04/


    Simple to install using the reflash system: https://birdslikewires.net/openframe-flash

    1. Copy Openpeak image and MD5 file to USB stick: https://birdslikewires.net/openpeak-firmware
    2. Use reflash tool to restore Joggler to Openpeak f/w: https://birdslikewires.net/openframe-flash
    3. Copy chill's image and MD5 files to USB and flash using reflash tool: http://www.cjh.me.uk/joggler/alpha04/
    4. Reboot Joggler and it should open Jivelite
    5. Setup wifi and select LMS server (which should be LMS V8.1.2)
    Thanks Heuer!

    I'm about to go away for a couple of days, but I'll try that once I'm back!

    Great stuff!
    Damian

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
    chill's Jivelite for Joggler thread: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Joggler/page17
    chill's repo - choose internal or USB flash: http://www.cjh.me.uk/joggler/alpha04/


    Simple to install using the reflash system: https://birdslikewires.net/openframe-flash

    1. Copy Openpeak image and MD5 file to USB stick: https://birdslikewires.net/openpeak-firmware
    2. Use reflash tool to restore Joggler to Openpeak f/w: https://birdslikewires.net/openframe-flash
    3. Copy chill's image and MD5 files to USB and flash using reflash tool: http://www.cjh.me.uk/joggler/alpha04/
    4. Reboot Joggler and it should open Jivelite
    5. Setup wifi and select LMS server (which should be LMS V8.1.2)
    PS
    I don't use wifi. I've got a Lan cable connected.
    Does that make things more tricky to set up?

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    4,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingermagic View Post
    I'm running 8.1.0
    What is the date of it?
    The change to LMS to make it pretend to old Squeezeplay that is an old LMS (and therefore by-pass the problem) was released late January 2021
    https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...54c26fc0bb94ed
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    4,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingermagic View Post
    PS
    I don't use wifi. I've got a Lan cable connected.
    Does that make things more tricky to set up?
    Easier with Ethernet.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

  7. #17
    Senior Member jimbobvfr400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Harrogate, UK
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Easier with Ethernet.
    Extra bonus, the WiFi on a Joggler is actually a USB card installed internally, if you don't need WiFi you can remove the card and use the USB port

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    248
    I don't have any constructive input but I just wanted to say that I think the title you chose for this thread is hilarious! And I mean that in a "I'm laughing with you" way. When I read it I thought, "I can relate", not with Jogglers necessarily but fill in the technological blank:

    Family now hate the ________


  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    What is the date of it?
    The change to LMS to make it pretend to old Squeezeplay that is an old LMS (and therefore by-pass the problem) was released late January 2021
    https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...54c26fc0bb94ed
    I've upgdated to 8.1.1 by installing the amd64 deb here .. http://downloads.slimdevices.com/Log...Server_v8.1.1/

    It still says that I need to udade the server.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by sodface View Post
    I don't have any constructive input but I just wanted to say that I think the title you chose for this thread is hilarious! And I mean that in a "I'm laughing with you" way. When I read it I thought, "I can relate", not with Jogglers necessarily but fill in the technological blank:

    Family now hate the ________

    I'm glad that you recognise the pain! :-)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •