Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    In my case it was using the pause button in Material skin.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Well, URL is from soundcloud and is volatile... hmmm, that might be a tough one
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Well, URL is from soundcloud and is volatile... hmmm, that might be a tough one
    Did you try playing that podcast yourself?

Did you try playing that podcast yourself?

Yes I did - what happens is that the URL is redirected and when you pause, LMS closes the connection (depending on player's buffer fullness, but that's details...). When it re-opens, it re-opens from the redirected URL which was volatile.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

I just tried your podcast and see the same. Before I press play to restart it shows the correct elapsed time but when I press play the elapsed time changes to 00:00 and playback does not restart. Other podcasts do not have the same issue though.
    Thank you for confirming this!

How do you pause/resume?
    Like slartibartfast, I use Material's pause button.
    QLMS 8.3@2.21 x64 (digimaster) / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4
    LMS 8.3 x64 / Intel NUC8 i3

Yes I did - what happens is that the URL is redirected and when you pause, LMS closes the connection (depending on player's buffer fullness, but that's details...). When it re-opens, it re-opens from the redirected URL which was volatile.
    So Caching and a larger buffer would work?

Resuming podcasts stopped working

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    So Caching and a larger buffer would work?
    Not really as LMS will always re-try from where it paused (tbc). In other words, when there is a redirection of an url, LMS only uses the final redirected one to query the stream using HTTP (to simplify). When paused, under various conditions, it stops the streaming and will re-open a new connection upon resume. For that, it uses the redirected url. Unfortunately, these podcasts, hosted on soundcloud, seem to have a volatile *redirected* url which vanished after a short while.

I have a solution, but it's a hack and not satisfactory at all. For now, I cannot find an elegant solution that does not restructure potentially a lot of things on how LMS handles redirection and track's url . And that bothers me because the day servers start to use systematically redirected url that change at every GET, then the core of LMS (not all plugins) will stop working.

But there is probably a simple solution, as usual. I just need to find it
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-05-26 at 22:58.

Not really as LMS will always re-try from where it paused (tbc). In other words, when there is a redirection of an url, LMS only uses the final redirected one to query the stream using HTTP (to simplify). When paused, under various conditions, it stops the streaming and will re-open a new connection upon resume. For that, it uses the redirected url. Unfortunately, these podcasts, hosted on soundcloud, seem to have a volatile *redirected* url which vanished after a short while.

I have a solution, but it's a hack and not satisfactory at all. For now, I cannot find an elegant solution that does not restructure potentially a lot of things on how LMS handles redirection and track's url . And that bothers me because the day servers start to use systematically redirected url that change at every GET, then the core of LMS (not all plugins) will stop working.

But there is probably a simple solution, as usual. I just need to find it
    Thank you for explaining the problem and your continuing effort to make things even better!

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    Thank you for explaining the problem and your continuing effort to make things even better!
    Try the latest LMS 8.2 nightly

No difference for me with LMS 8.2.0-1623416430.

Ignore the last post, there was another update queued up after the one I downloaded. Now I can resume the podcast but it resumes from the beginning and not from the paused position. The podcast also does not appear in the recently played list.