Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: piTouch

That looks very neat and tidy.
    How is it for heat?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    That looks very neat and tidy.
    How is it for heat?
    The case stays at room temp, after playing for hours driving a headphone.

CPU temp (without a heatsink):

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ /opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp
    temp=45.5'C
    piTouch™ w/JustBoom DigiHat -> RME ADI-2 DAC FS -> JBL 305P MkII monitors; LMS 8.2 on piCorePlayer/Pi 4; Material Skin.

Quote Originally Posted by chicks View Post
    Do you have any problems with under-voltage with that USB cable?

Quote Originally Posted by mfraser View Post
    Do you have any problems with under-voltage with that USB cable?
    No. I've never seen the lightning bolt on this setup.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ /opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd get_throttled
    throttled=0x0

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ /opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_volts
    volt=1.4000V
    Last edited by chicks; 2021-08-15 at 06:32.
    piTouch™ w/JustBoom DigiHat -> RME ADI-2 DAC FS -> JBL 305P MkII monitors; LMS 8.2 on piCorePlayer/Pi 4; Material Skin.

Wanted to display the date/time/DOW, outdoor temperature, and AQI on the 4" Hyperpixel screen, while listening to music from my LMS server. Didn't want to learn Lua or mess with Perl, so wrote a Python script using the LMSTools library. Works well. Air Quality is shown by the color of the progress bar and the line above the date/time.

Screen writing is done by creating images with the PIL library, then writing them directly to the framebuffer. Fast enough for this purpose, even directly from Python.

Touch controls are very large for my fat fingers - anywhere on the top half to start/stop play, left bottom half for prev, right for next.

A couple of powerful Neodymium bar magnets stuck to the bottom inside of the case hold it very firmly to the RME DAC.

Name:  IMG_20210905_205758.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  140.9 KB
    Last edited by chicks; 2021-09-05 at 21:09.

Looks good!

I've got two cases coming from Shapeways but as we are back stuck in lockdown here I have no idea when they will arrive. I wasn't sure what the difference was between the two black plastics they had so I ordered one of each - I'll post a photo if they look different.

Cheers, Steve.

The Shapeways cases for the Pi Zero WH and HyperPixel 4" touch screen arrived this morning.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/RR...-touch-pi-zero

The Black Natural Versatile Plastic is more textured. The Black PA12 is a bit smoother and to me looks a bit better for an extra $4. Everything fits well and tucks neatly away. Here is a photo showing the different textures of the two plastics.

Name:  IMG_5289.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  249.8 KB

And another showing it next to a standard 7" touchscreen in a SmartPi Touch Pro case. It's really tiny, so as chicks said it isn't as good as a controller, but it is something you can put anywhere to see what is playing.

Name:  IMG_5290 2.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  195.8 KB

Thanks to everyone involved in this amazing ecosystem.

Cheers, Steve.

Looks great! Don't remember which plastic I ordered, but the finish is a very good match for the crinkle black paint on my DAC. Two of these would exactly fit the width of the DAC - maybe I'll order another just to display the cool piCorePlayer VU meters on one, lol.

Name:  IMG_20210918_084517.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  122.3 KB

Playing with bellini, which was written specifically for the Hyperpixel 4" display. It uses squeezelite's -v option to grab data from squeezelite in real time via shared memory, then display it to a nice, accurate DIN Peak Program Meter. It can also display FFT, similar to the display on my RME DAC, but segfaults on a Pi Zero. I'll have to try it with a Pi 4, perhaps needs more CPU.

So now, naturally, I'll need another Hyperpixel 4 and case for my LMS client touch display, lol.

Name:  IMG_20210924_163232.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  99.2 KB

I should be picking up a Hyperpixel 4-inch display with touch support later today and I'll try to run Jivelite on it.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin