Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

piCorePlayer deaktivate and activate soundcard

Hi,

I have a pair of active speakers that go into standby mode when the source is off. These speakers are connected to a RasPi3 with Hifiberry Digi+ via Toslink.
    As software I use PcP version 7. On this RasPi is also the LMS installed, so that a switch off or shut down is out of the question. Unfortunately the output of the soundcard is not switched off when no music is playing, so I can't use the automatic stand-by mode of the speakers.

Is there a way to disable the sound card when nothing is playing for x minutes and re-enable it when "play" is pressed?

best regards,
    sky

I donĺt think there is a way to switch off the optical output on the card. Perhaps ask Hifiberry.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I donĺt think there is a way to switch off the optical output on the card. Perhaps ask Hifiberry.
    I set the "Close output setting" in Squeezelite and that works for me (same HifiBerry card). After 30 seconds of not playing anything the light goes out at the optical out, and the speakers switch themselves off.

Hmm, didn't think my digi did that, but I guess, its been a while since I tested it.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    I set the "Close output setting" in Squeezelite and that works for me (same HifiBerry card). After 30 seconds of not playing anything the light goes out at the optical out, and the speakers switch themselves off.
    Thanks, that is working for me

best regards,
    sky

I don't remember having to set anything, but my Chromecast Audio turns off its light after about 30 seconds after stopping play. The Justboom Digi Zero does the same, shutting off both the optical and coax outputs. It's great, as my RME DAC will auto-switch to whichever input has an active signal, between USB, Coax and Optical inputs.

how to activate usb audio ?

Hello, I use 4 raspberry with picoplayer from long time. I love this os (much better sound than volumio witch is completely closed).
    I have LMS installed on my Synology NAS.
    2 with internal DAC (audiophonic sabre and cirrus logic) and external amplifier
    2 with outside DAC-amplifier so I use usb audio output (built in audio uncheck, and work perfectly)

On a new Raspberry (PI2B) I can't have usb audio (to external DAC-amplifier) output running:
    if I leave built in audio checked, squeezerlite runs but no sound on usb
    if I uncheck built in audio squeezerlite is not running, also no sound of course

What can I do to fix this problem ?
    Thanks for any help and answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvanq View Post
    Hello, I use 4 raspberry with picoplayer from long time.
    Duplicate of https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1023679
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland