Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stosoorok;
    I don't want to be rude, but this is absolute rubbish as a comparison.
    Is it really? In both cases, the domain is purely digital. It's not until something becomes analog that there can be a difference. The Word document may look different when viewed on two different monitors, just as LMS feeding two different amplifiers may sound different. However, the file will be 100% the same and the audio bitstream will be 100% the same...

Quote Originally Posted by stosoorok View Post
    It's kind like a good wine, gognac or food
    Does the cognac taste different depending on who carried the bottle from the cellar to the table ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    does the cognac taste different depending on who carried the bottle from the cellar to the table ?
    :d
    +1

I'm currently using LMS on Debian virtual machine, which runs on proxmox server with many other VM's. I have mounted music folder from Synology NAS. So i'm thinking, could there be any SQ benefit to run LMS on Pi4 or x86 machine with SSD storage? Options:
    1. LMS on Debian virtual macine with mounted NAS folder
    2. LMS on Debian virtual machine with mounted Proxmox Raid SSD's
    3. LMS on Debian x86 macine with SSD storage
    4. LMS on pi4/Raspbian with USB3 SSD
    5. LMS on piCorePlayer with USB3 SSD
    6. Or something else even better?
    If you you go with SSD solution I know guy who can format your storage to custom audiophile grade file system. It significantly improves SQ but if you can't hear difference he also offers special grade cotton buds and ear wax candles. It ain't cheap but works great, especially when you close your eyes.
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

I don't want to be rude, but this is absolute rubbish as a comparison. Forget your education. Please close your eyes, free your mind and use your ears. I once were in the same situation. I have built many systems (amps, streamers and so on) and could not believe it either (ignored critical listening), until I started to use my ears. It's kind like a good wine, gognac or food, you do not use your education or chemical formula for that.

Indeed looks that way!
    It’s a free world and you are free to have any belief you want but you have to recognize them for what they are and not claim there is any science behind.

41% of US republicans will not get vaccinated because they confuse opinion and science and this is going to cause the death of many, and this is where a red line is crossed about the entitlement to opinions and their validity.

Now, for SQ, subject is much lighter and opinions have no sinister consequences and if you feel better / enjoy your system more because you spend a lot if time tweaking it in all sort of ways, then be it. But also (again) understand that science tells you with certainty there is nothing there and it’s not a question of « opening our minds »
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-05-22 at 11:12.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Absolute waste of time. If you don't have the gear that is resolving enough (like in this thread, the commentators seem to have max 100-200 bucks worth gear) of course it does not matter what you put into it. I have 3 different digital transports (NAA) at the moment (similar price), all sound different. Okay, I got my answer so no more use of this thread.

Absolute waste of time. If you don't have the gear that is resolving enough (like in this thread, the commentators seem to have max 100-200 bucks worth gear) of course it does not matter what you put into it. I have 3 different digital transports (NAA) at the moment (similar price), all sound different. Okay, I got my answer so no more use of this thread.
    As said, whatever floats your boat. You had answers, you don’t like it because it does not fit your preconceived opinion. People here took the time to answer, some of them are signal processing engineers with the mathematical background and 20+ years experience. And again, you absolutely can prefer things on subjective criteria, it’s fine - we all do that, without the need to rationalize it.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

No one but you has mentioned how much their system cost. The relationship between cost and performance is tenuous at best.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Most of us have been around for a long while and gone through these arguments many times.

A lot of the people here actually build the hardware and write the software. I have been told this means "our" minds are closed to these "out there" ideas. A case where University education and knowledge is a disadvantage!

It's best to ask these type of questions in like minded forums.