Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    ... I have a new theory on why things are not working for me ...

The URLs that are now failing are for HLS streams.

I /think/ when it goes via the sub "new" in my ProtocolHandler.pm it does not subsequently make its way to PlayHLS plugin.

Having enabled debug logging for various things I can see that if I invoke the stream directly via Tune In URL - of form
    h t t p s : / / somewhere.com/stream.m3u8?somestuff
    then it plays and PlayHLS is invoked
    but if I invoke via
    myplugin://stream - which returns the same URL as above as a streamURL then it does not get to PlayHLS in the same way

I am sure that this is not enough info to go on ... but ... bpa ... if I bundle up a build of this unreleased plugin for you (along with some instructions for how to repeat the issue) do you think you could take a look?
    Sure I'll have a look.

HLS streams are created as playlist, then a protocol handler. So not sure if you are adding a protocol handler on top of a protocol handler ?

Thanks.
    I'll make a version tomorrow and PM you the temporary repo URL to install it - and I'll PM you some extra info.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Triode used the following to hide iplayer:// URls in More info display - basically it intercepts any request for the "url" item and if it was an "iplayer://" - return "undef" to hide it. I suppose you could change then text being returned - not sure if there would be side effects..

It was inserted in InitPlugin

Code:
    # hide iplayer:// from track info displays...
    my $trackInfoUrl = Slim::Menu::TrackInfo->getInfoProvider->{'url'};
    my $old = $trackInfoUrl->{'func'};

$trackInfoUrl->{'func'} = sub {
    my $info = &$old(@_);

return undef if $info->{'label'} eq 'URL' && $info->{'name'} =~ /^iplayer:\/\//;
    return $info;
    };
    My reading of that was that I would need my protocol handler to be in place so that I would get called ... but when I have my PH I can't play the HLS streams.
    I'll take another look though.
    (your PM space full ... probably as result of my most recent)
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

My reading of that was that I would need my protocol handler to be in place so that I would get called ... but when I have my PH I can't play the HLS streams.
    I'll take another look though.
    (your PM space full ... probably as result of my most recent)
    TrackInfo is plugin independent - no need for a PH. It is altering the display processing of TrackINfo - LMS-wide.

Basically is is intercepting the generic LMS TrackInfo handler and if the caller is looking for URL and Track url is "iplayer" - the output is deleted but routine can be modify - otherwise the "old" routine (i.e. standard) is called.

My PlanetRock id is not working with LMS sign-in

- are there restrictions with password (e.g. no special chars) ?
    - do I have to login on same browser as LMS and leave a token ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    My PlanetRock id is not working with LMS sign-in

- are there restrictions with password (e.g. no special chars) ?
    - do I have to login on same browser as LMS and leave a token ?
    I think this may be a cookie issue. Does the plugin require some cookie to be already in browser ? (e.g. from a previous PlanetRock signin ?)

It is possible that I missed something out of the package that I shared to you.
    I didn't zip up the whole directory because it had lots of test scripts in it ... I'll double check.

It does not rely on anything in your browser.
    Paul Webster

It is possible that I missed something out of the package that I shared to you.
    I didn't zip up the whole directory because it had lots of test scripts in it ... I'll double check.

It does not rely on anything in your browser.
    I'll be a non-UK user - in case it make any difference.

Log of plugin enabled - at end it says "cookie not found".
    Last edited by bpa; 2021-05-28 at 06:13.

They have changed the domain of one of their cookies - see PM.
    Paul Webster

They have changed the domain of one of their cookies - see PM.
    Signed in OK now. I'll look at problem later.