Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

OAuth2 - with periodic token refresh

Has anyone implemented full OAuth2 in a plugin - including the sign-up phase?

I know that Philippe did some of it for YT plugin but that one involves end-user copy/pasting tokens - however, I think it handles token renewal which I might be able to copy.

I think I need it to access the new Premium channels from planetradio / Bauer.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Dandelion Radio, Europa Radio Jazz, Frequence3, FSK, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Radio Swiss, RTE Ireland, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Has anyone implemented full OAuth2 in a plugin - including the sign-up phase?

I know that Philippe did some of it for YT plugin but that one involves end-user copy/pasting tokens - however, I think it handles token renewal which I might be able to copy.

I think I need it to access the new Premium channels from planetradio / Bauer.
    Yes, I did that in YT
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

I have been doing more investigation and I don't think they are using OAuth2.
    I thought it was at first because I saw a JWT in the cookies.

I have worked out how to login ... from the command line ...
    Next step is to perform a login in a Perl test routine ...
    then to see if I can get the plugin to do it ...
    then to sign up for the 7 day trial and see if logging in and reusing the headers & cookies is enough to gain access to the premium streams ...
    then I presume I would need my own protocol handler and have LMS proxy these premium streams ...

Premium currently ú3.99 per month and since I do not expect to use this myself (and therefore not subscribe) then support could become tricky assuming I can get it working in the first place.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Dandelion Radio, Europa Radio Jazz, Frequence3, FSK, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Radio Swiss, RTE Ireland, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

I somehow missed that thread...

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Yes, I did that in YT
    You did? Would the user have to go to Google's dev site to create his own configuration and configure the local redirect_uri there?

It's something I've been wondering for a while...
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)