Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

can I use wifi network speakers with SB

I have Sony SA-NS300 wifi speakers and would like to send music files to them via the SB.
    Is that possible?
    They have static IP addresses and are found by windows 10 PC.
    I have DLNA bridge active , I think , on SB but only Volumio PI shows up , no speakers.
    So is it possible to send music to wifi speakers?
    Thanks rosco

Quote Originally Posted by roscored1000 View Post
    I have Sony SA-NS300 wifi speakers and would like to send music files to them via the SB.
    Is that possible?
    I have DLNA bridge active , I think , on SB but only Volumio PI shows up , no speakers.
    Thanks rosco
    You need to be clearer about which plugin you are using.

The plugin you need to try is by Philippe and is called UPNP/DLNA Bridge.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

castalla

Hey Mr. B

glad to see you

Hope both are well

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    castalla

Hey Mr. B

glad to see you

Hope both are well

ronnie
    Thanks.... As Steve McQueen once shouted in Papillon... I'm still here! (just).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by roscored1000 View Post
    Is that possible?
    Thanks rosco
    If they have Google assistant on board you can use the chromecast plugin, just like I do for my H/K speakers, working very well
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.1 - 1633378390 @ Mon Oct 4 23:25:45 CEST 2021
    Castbridge with 2 x Harman Kardon Citation One, setup as a stereo pair
    Squeeze Ctrl
    Squeeze Player
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S 20

Quote Originally Posted by T-bird View Post
    If they have Google assistant on board you can use the chromecast plugin, just like I do for my H/K speakers, working very well
    The specs imply that these speakers have chrome cast. I'd agree that the chrome cast plugin would be the way to go as it's easier to set up than upnp/DLNA.

This is a device from 2011.
    I don't see Chromecast mentioned in the manual at
    https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/s...akers/sa-ns300

There is a firmware update (from 2012) but that did not seem to offer additional capabilities.

To diagnose the UPnP interoperability issue you will probably have to enable logging within the UPnP Bridge Settings page.
    There are diagnostics available there that are not in the LMS log (because the part of the code that does the UPnP protocol is not part of LMS).
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Dandelion Radio, Europa Radio Jazz, Frequence3, FSK, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Radio Swiss, RTE Ireland, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

Thanks for the responses, they dont have chromecast ability, as far as I can tell anyway. I have the UNP/DLNA bridge plugin or whatever its called and it finds some of the media players and receivers on my network but not the speakers. They are not worth spending more money on, I just thought with more up o date software available they might have slipped in somewhere. thanks again