Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,607
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    It is by design
    There is still something odd going on with the group player volume where the volume of the group members doesn't track the master group volume. Did you see my post in the group player thread?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,481
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    There is still something odd going on with the group player volume where the volume of the group members doesn't track the master group volume. Did you see my post in the group player thread?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I did but I have not been able to reproduce yet. The use case is changing the volume before assembly, right?

    {edit]: I've tried again to play with a group of 2, change the volume many times when un-assembled and it was correct all the time when the group assembled. There has to be a special configuration. Another plugin for volume management? Other settings?
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-05-09 at 11:25.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,607
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I did but I have not been able to reproduce yet. The use case is changing the volume before assembly, right?
    Yes it doesn't always happen though.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,607
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I did but I have not been able to reproduce yet. The use case is changing the volume before assembly, right?

    {edit]: I've tried again to play with a group of 2, change the volume many times when un-assembled and it was correct all the time when the group assembled. There has to be a special configuration. Another plugin for volume management? Other settings?
    I am trying it myself now. I made sure the volumes are correct while changing the volume during playback. Then set volume to 100% before stopping playback. I set volume to 32% while playback was stopped then started playback. This time the two players had a volume of 37% when the group player volume was 32% as checked with the volume sliders in Material skin. It doesn't seem to matter of I change volume in the default skin or Material skin. I don't have any other plugins to manage volume or any unusual settings.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,607
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I did but I have not been able to reproduce yet. The use case is changing the volume before assembly, right?

    {edit]: I've tried again to play with a group of 2, change the volume many times when un-assembled and it was correct all the time when the group assembled. There has to be a special configuration. Another plugin for volume management? Other settings?
    I set logging for the groups plugin to debug and see this in the log
    Code:
    [21-05-09 21:23:59.8014] Plugins::Groups::Plugin::mixerVolumeCommand (245) volume command 30 for Plugins::Groups::Player=ARRAY(0x6fc2fb0) with old volume 30 (master = Plugins::Groups::Player=ARRAY(0x6fc2fb0))
    [21-05-09 21:23:59.8023] Plugins::Groups::Plugin::mixerVolumeCommand (257) new volume for 00:04:xx:xx:xx:xx  33.075
    [21-05-09 21:23:59.8032] Plugins::Groups::Plugin::mixerVolumeCommand (257) new volume for 00:00:00:00:00:00 33.075
    [21-05-09 21:23:59.8047] Plugins::Groups::Plugin::mixerVolumeCommand (257) new volume for b8:27:xx:xx:xx:xx  33.075
    00:04 is the Touch, b8:27 is the pCP. I have no idea what 00:00:00:00:00:00 is.
    so the volume command is 30 but the player's volumes are set to 33.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,481
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I am trying it myself now. I made sure the volumes are correct while changing the volume during playback. Then set volume to 100% before stopping playback. I set volume to 32% while playback was stopped then started playback. This time the two players had a volume of 37% when the group player volume was 32% as checked with the volume sliders in Material skin. It doesn't seem to matter of I change volume in the default skin or Material skin. I don't have any other plugins to manage volume or any unusual settings.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Can't reproduce, they are all 32% on my system. How do you stop playback?
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,481
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I set logging for the groups plugin to debug and see this in the log
    Code:
    [21-05-09 21:23:59.8014] Plugins::Groups::Plugin::mixerVolumeCommand (245) volume command 30 for Plugins::Groups::Player=ARRAY(0x6fc2fb0) with old volume 30 (master = Plugins::Groups::Player=ARRAY(0x6fc2fb0))
    [21-05-09 21:23:59.8023] Plugins::Groups::Plugin::mixerVolumeCommand (257) new volume for 00:04:xx:xx:xx:xx  33.075
    [21-05-09 21:23:59.8032] Plugins::Groups::Plugin::mixerVolumeCommand (257) new volume for 00:00:00:00:00:00 33.075
    [21-05-09 21:23:59.8047] Plugins::Groups::Plugin::mixerVolumeCommand (257) new volume for b8:27:xx:xx:xx:xx  33.075
    00:04 is the Touch, b8:27 is the pCP. I have no idea what 00:00:00:00:00:00 is.
    so the volume command is 30 but the player's volumes are set to 33.
    But it seems you have a "ghost" player that influences volume. It sounds like a squeezelite instance with no MAC set. MAC of 00 is really a bad thing
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,607
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Can't reproduce, they are all 32% on my system. How do you stop playback?
    Either pause or stop. Did you see my debug log?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,607
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    But it seems you have a "ghost" player that influences volume. It sounds like a squeezelite instance with no MAC set. MAC of 00 is really a bad thing
    I only have two players in the group though so where could the ghost player come from. I did notice though that the ghost player always seems to have the same volume as the the the other two players so I am not sure it influences the volume.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,481
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Either pause or stop. Did you see my debug log?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I did - this 0 player cannot be good as itĺs volume influence the group probably in a non healthy way. Does it appear somewhere? Can you try Michaelĺs cleaner?
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •