Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Volume synchronization of synchronized players

How does "Synchronise Volume" for synchronised players work. I have chosen "Sync player's volume" and yet the player's volumes do not track each other.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    How does "Synchronise Volume" for synchronised players work. I have chosen "Sync player's volume" and yet the player's volumes do not track each other.

I've been running 2 SB Radio as stereo pair with sync players volume for a over year and it works fine but (I mostly use material) noticed that visual representation of 2nd synced player volume bar not always update. Don't know if it's different on default skin.
    BTW I have never tried this with more players. When I use larger groups with group plugin other players are always independent.
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    I've been running 2 SB Radio as stereo pair with sync players volume for a over year and it works fine but (I mostly use material) noticed that visual representation of 2nd synced player volume bar not always update. Don't know if it's different on default skin.
    BTW I have never tried this with more players. When I use larger groups with group plugin other players are always independent.
    I only have two players synced, a Touch and piCorePlayer. I mostly use Material as well and due to volume issues with the group players plugin I tried normal synchronization. I can still change the player's volumes independently.

I only have two players synced, a Touch and piCorePlayer. I mostly use Material as well and due to volume issues with the group players plugin I tried normal synchronization. I can still change the player's volumes independently.

Assuming that you have both sync and volume sync enabled on both players I would suspect that maybe rPi or pCP don't support it.. If you don't get any others replies I can try installing pCP and testing sync with my touch to confirm (hmm actually not sure if have spare sd card - currently running libreelec)
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Just tested "sync volume" with touch and squeezelite on RPi 3b+ running libreelec and everything works as expected

Just tested "sync volume" with touch and squeezelite on RPi 3b+ running libreelec and everything works as expected
    Hmm it might be because only one of the players has "sync volume" enabled. I assumed setting that for one would enable it for both

Edit. Now it works, thanks.

Last edited by slartibartfast; 2021-05-09 at 02:53.

Hmm it might be because only one of the players has "sync volume" enabled. I assumed setting that for one would enable it for both

Yeah it's bit weird indeed.. You select sync on one player and it works on both, but sync volume have to be selected on both

Yeah it's bit weird indeed.. You select sync on one player and it works on both, but sync volume have to be selected on both
    Actually it will be helpful when using more players in sync.. You can choose to volume sync only some.. So it's probably by design (rather then bug)

Actually it will be helpful when using more players in sync.. You can choose to volume sync only some.. So it's probably by design (rather then bug)
    It is by design
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Yes, same with maintain synchronisation. I only synchronise the Touch and pCP to see the VU meters and now playing info on the Touch when listening via the pCP. I was getting a glitch at playback start up when maintain synchronisation was enabled for the pCP. After messing around with start delays I finally disabled maintain synchronisation on the pCP and the problem went away. I can't remember it ever being an issue with hardware squeezeboxes.