Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duet music folders

Hello community,

I hope this doesn't seem like a stupid question.

When I select different folders through my Duet remote controller, I don't seem to have the option to do a RANDOM MIX of an individual folder.
    Anyone know how to set this up ? Seems like I can only shuffle the entire library of music, is this true ?
    I was thinking maybe I need to make a playlist, but I can't seem to be able to add anything to my playlist. No certain how that functions either.
    Might be easier to search out the playlist topic on here. I didn't see anything pertaining to folders.
    Any help someone can provide, would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bunkertoy View Post
    Hello community,

I hope this doesn't seem like a stupid question.

When I select different folders through my Duet remote controller, I don't seem to have the option to do a RANDOM MIX of an individual folder.
    Anyone know how to set this up ? Seems like I can only shuffle the entire library of music, is this true ?
    I was thinking maybe I need to make a playlist, but I can't seem to be able to add anything to my playlist. No certain how that functions either.
    Might be easier to search out the playlist topic on here. I didn't see anything pertaining to folders.
    Any help someone can provide, would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    Once you have an album playing, on your controller go to Settings > Shuffle.

I don't have a controller but the screenshot below should be similar to what you want.

Name:  shuffle.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  32.1 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

I'm not trying to shuffle an album, I looking to shuffle an individual folder which the controller is looking at.
    Say I have 2 folders in my list of folders. Folder A & Folder B. say folder B has mellow music on it. I just want to shuffle the music on folder B only.
    Even though the controller sees Both Folder A & B as being my entire library.
    Hopefully that is a little clearer.
    Thanks again

I'm not trying to shuffle an album, I looking to shuffle an individual folder which the controller is looking at.
    Say I have 2 folders in my list of folders. Folder A & Folder B. say folder B has mellow music on it. I just want to shuffle the music on folder B only.
    Even though the controller sees Both Folder A & B as being my entire library.
    Hopefully that is a little clearer.
    Thanks again
    Highlight the folder you wish to shuffle and press play.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Highlight the folder you wish to shuffle and press play.

Thank you, I couldn't do it on my phone app, but managed on the Duet controller. Although seems the LMS shuts down when I try to do this to a folder which is about 400gb in size.

LMS will not care about how many GB are in the folder ... but a huge number of tracks could be an issue.
    It may well run out of memory trying to manage a playlist with thousands of tracks.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Thank you, I couldn't do it on my phone app, but managed on the Duet controller. Although seems the LMS shuts down when I try to do this to a folder which is about 400gb in size.
    Well you didn't say how many files were in the folder.

Why don't you use the Random Mix option?

Name:  RM.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  29.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Well you didn't say how many files were in the folder.

Why don't you use the Random Mix option?

Name:  RM.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  29.0 KB
    Seems like it only shuffles a max of 500 songs at a time. Random Mix shuffles my entire music collection. I was trying to play only files from one very large folder of music.

Seems like it only shuffles a max of 500 songs at a time. Random Mix shuffles my entire music collection. I was trying to play only files from one very large folder of music.
    Have library views been suggested yet? You could define a folder as a library view and do a random mix of that.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Go to LMS > Settings > Advanced tab > Performance (dropdown) > select a larger maximum playlist length, I have mine set to 5000. The larger the number you choose here, the longer it will take LMS to assemble and display the playlist, too large a folder may crash LMS!

Select "shuffle song", select your folder and press play.

My folder "V" (Various artists) contains 2981 tracks, it took about 30 seconds to start playing.

Name:  playlistshuffle02.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  69.0 KB

Name:  playlistshuffle01.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  72.7 KB