Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

OAuth2 - with periodic token refresh

Has anyone implemented full OAuth2 in a plugin - including the sign-up phase?

I know that Philippe did some of it for YT plugin but that one involves end-user copy/pasting tokens - however, I think it handles token renewal which I might be able to copy.

I think I need it to access the new Premium channels from planetradio / Bauer.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Has anyone implemented full OAuth2 in a plugin - including the sign-up phase?

I know that Philippe did some of it for YT plugin but that one involves end-user copy/pasting tokens - however, I think it handles token renewal which I might be able to copy.

I think I need it to access the new Premium channels from planetradio / Bauer.
    Yes, I did that in YT
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

I have been doing more investigation and I don't think they are using OAuth2.
    I thought it was at first because I saw a JWT in the cookies.

I have worked out how to login ... from the command line ...
    Next step is to perform a login in a Perl test routine ...
    then to see if I can get the plugin to do it ...
    then to sign up for the 7 day trial and see if logging in and reusing the headers & cookies is enough to gain access to the premium streams ...
    then I presume I would need my own protocol handler and have LMS proxy these premium streams ...

Premium currently ú3.99 per month and since I do not expect to use this myself (and therefore not subscribe) then support could become tricky assuming I can get it working in the first place.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

I somehow missed that thread...

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Yes, I did that in YT
    You did? Would the user have to go to Google's dev site to create his own configuration and configure the local redirect_uri there?

It's something I've been wondering for a while...
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)