Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Duplicate Track Listings

I recently sampled a CD and then added it to my music collection that works with LMS. When I look at the Album on my SB Radio, it lists each track TWICE within the Album. I checked all my other SB Radios and they also show the duplication.

If I play the Album, it only plays each track ONCE, as it should.

Technically, it's a bit beyond me as to what's going on. I thought it might be a cache issue, so I 'deleted everything and rescanned' my whole collection.

It's still showing everything TWICE. Interestingly, older rips from about 6 months ago also show everything twice, but earlier than that, there are no dupes.

Anyone here got any idea how I fix this?

Thanks.
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

Take a look at the detail of each of the duplicate tracks in LMS default web UI and see what LMS shows as the path to the file.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Thanks Paul

Both the dupes point to exactly the same folder location. That's really weird.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

Quote Originally Posted by StevePalmer View Post
    Thanks Paul

Both the dupes point to exactly the same folder location. That's really weird.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    Any playlist/m3u files in the album folder?
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Take a look at the detail of each of the duplicate tracks in LMS default web UI and see what LMS shows as the path to the file.
    Hi again Paul

Very weird all this! Just returned to the PC to find that the dupes have disappeared - even older rips are now only showing a single reference to a track! So that's a result! The dup l;isting had been an issue for as

I have no idea what's going on, but I just noticed that I'm now getting the dreaded 'Media scan terminated unexpectedly (scanning progress)' just as the message 'building full library index' message appears (in other words, just AFTER scanning my Spotify account but before my media on the hard disc)

I'm using Windows 10 Home with Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1620025123 @ Mon May 3 09:03:08 WEDT 2021 installed. For reasons that I cant fathom, the site won't let me upload the scanner log. It's 27 meg but I zipped it down to 2 meg, but it still won't let me add it to this post.

Any thoughts (anyone?) about the 'Media scan terminated unexpectedly (scanning progress)' message? I reviwed other similar posts here and tweaked the performance and removed the .cue files (temporariliy) as per advice, but it hasn't helped. I'm pretty sure it's not a corrupted mp3 file. I've also reinstalled LMS a few times but it's not made a difference.

Thanks
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Any playlist/m3u files in the album folder?
    Thank-you. No, I keep all the playlist files elsewhere in a separate folder.

Sent from my Note 10+ 5G
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

Hi again Paul

Very weird all this! Just returned to the PC to find that the dupes have disappeared - even older rips are now only showing a single reference to a track! So that's a result! The dup l;isting had been an issue for as

I have no idea what's going on, but I just noticed that I'm now getting the dreaded 'Media scan terminated unexpectedly (scanning progress)' just as the message 'building full library index' message appears (in other words, just AFTER scanning my Spotify account but before my media on the hard disc)

I'm using Windows 10 Home with Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1620025123 @ Mon May 3 09:03:08 WEDT 2021 installed. For reasons that I cant fathom, the site won't let me upload the scanner log. It's 27 meg but I zipped it down to 2 meg, but it still won't let me add it to this post.

Any thoughts (anyone?) about the 'Media scan terminated unexpectedly (scanning progress)' message? I reviwed other similar posts here and tweaked the performance and removed the .cue files (temporariliy) as per advice, but it hasn't helped. I'm pretty sure it's not a corrupted mp3 file. I've also reinstalled LMS a few times but it's not made a difference.

Thanks
    EDIT 4.10pm: Hold the front page! I clicked on the option within LMS to 'clear the cache' (I'd already done this before, but it didn't help!), rebooted everything and the double entries issue has now resolved itself as well as the message 'media scan terminated unexpectedly' no longer appears when scanning my media.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

I've still no idea what caused the problem(s) in the first place. LMS on my Windows 10 PC has been pretty-much rock solid for as long as I can recall - I think it must have just had a temporary 'wobble'!

EDIT: 5.45pm: I spoke too soon! The message: 'media scan terminated unexpectedly' returned after a second reboot! After a bit of detective work, I think I may have found the cause. I *un*checked the 'Spotty Plugin' option and rebooted again. Result - a perfect rescan of my media with no scary messages!

As they say: "Every day's a school day!"

@mherger Hope this is helpful!

Cheers!

Sent from my Note 10+ 5G
    Last edited by StevePalmer; 2021-05-04 at 10:34.
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

EDIT 4.10pm: Hold the front page! I clicked on the option within LMS to 'clear the cache' (I'd already done this before, but it didn't help!), rebooted everything and the double entries issue has now resolved itself as well as the message 'media scan terminated unexpectedly' no longer appears when scanning my media.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

I've still no idea what caused the problem(s) in the first place. LMS on my Windows 10 PC has been pretty-much rock solid for as long as I can recall - I think it must have just had a temporary 'wobble'!

EDIT: 5.45pm: I spoke too soon! The message: 'media scan terminated unexpectedly' returned after a second reboot! After a bit of detective work, I think I may have found the cause. I *un*checked the 'Spotty Plugin' option and rebooted again. Result - a perfect rescan of my media with no scary messages!

As they say: "Every day's a school day!"

@mherger Hope this is helpful!

Cheers!

Sent from my Note 10+ 5G
    I have a theory that the automatic online music library scanner causes individual tracks to become duplicated in my library. Since I turned it off it hasn't occurred. I may turn it back on at some point to see if it reoccurs.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to think the same thing. It would certainly explain LMS's behaviour on my machine.

Thanks for commenting - good to know its maybe not just me!

EDIT: Friday, May 7, 2021
    Switched the Spotty Pluginback on and rebooted expecting the problem to return. It didn't! So the issue was obviously NOT to do with the Spotty Plugin. Wondered if Spotty had been updated in the past few days??? @mherger
    Last edited by StevePalmer; 2021-05-06 at 22:59. Reason: Update
    Steve
    Kettering, UK

Oh, drat! Duplicate track listings have returned. They're showing on all radios and the GUI player. Pressing 'more' on any radio shows their physical location as being identical. When playing a complete album, tracks *don't* repeat, but if I try and play the dupes, the radio says 'file not found'.

Additionally, the only difference is that when pressing 'more', one dupe will show the play count whilst the other doesn't show the count at all. Doesn't even have that heading.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

LMS is running latest version on Win10. It's been doing this on and off for some tracks for around 6 months. Some albums show dupes whilst others don't.

Sounds like cache issue but 'clearing everything and rescanning' seems to kill the dupes on some albums, but introduce it in others!

Have tried uninstalling LMS, reinstalling, clearing preferences. Sometimes this sorts it for a few reboots, then they're back.

I'm reasonably competent with LMS and its workings, but this one has got me beat. Thought it was the Spotty Plugin (by trial and error) so I switched that off and that seemed to solve it. Obviously it must have been a coucidence, as two days later, with Spotty off, the dupes came back.

Any advice very much appreciated! For me, LMS has been pretty-much trouble-free for all the years I've used it - but this one is giving me grey hairs!

Thanks!

Sent from my Note 10+ 5G
    Steve
    Kettering, UK