Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Yes I agree with that as I have UPS units on all of my pc's and servers The Touch already has a surge on it, but I do have a little spare ups I can put on it as well. Yes I am worried about the screen going dim, I wish you could really turn it off when not in use. The little amp I just bought to go with the Touch has a OLED but the good thing is you can turn it off after X seconds which I do.

Thanks for the advice......
    Hmm there is screensaver option on touch to turn screen off.. Or is that not completely off.. Confused
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    Hmm there is screensaver option on touch to turn screen off.. Or is that not completely off.. Confused
    When I first got my touch a couple of months ago, I tried that but I still got a clock. After reading your reply, I just now tried it again.
    I still got the clock but after a second or so it went away and I got a blank screen!

I guess I didn't wait long enough last time to see it time out.

I feel much better now about leaving it powered up now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    When I first got my touch a couple of months ago, I tried that but I still got a clock. After reading your reply, I just now tried it again.
    I still got the clock but after a second or so it went away and I got a blank screen!

I guess I didn't wait long enough last time to see it time out.

I feel much better now about leaving it powered up now. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Yeah when using " screen off when playing or paused" there is longer delay which can be misleading.. Btw I remember trying to use "screen off when playing" and "screen on with custom clock when off" , but that just didn't work well at all..

"screen off when off" generally works well, but still once a while it will misbehave, at least for me.
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)