Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Setting Unicode on LMS for Windows?

I'm running LMS on a small Win10 box. I have a large music collection that has many artists and works with foreign accents in the file and folder names, and LMS is refusing to scan those files. I see elsewhere that, for various Linux versions, the situation is to run LMS with --charset=utf8 as an argument, but I can't figure out how to do that with Windows, where it's run from SqueezeTray.exe, which is part of my startup items. I don't see anything in SqueezeTray that allows me to pass arguments to the server, nor anything in the current server's Prefs directory that would allow me to do so. Advice, anyone?

Setting Unicode on LMS for Windows?

Did you try to understand why it fails? What is your setup? Are your
    files on a NTFS disk local to the system, or on some NAS? What errors do
    you get?

What kind of characters are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Did you try to understand why it fails? What is your setup? Are your
    files on a NTFS disk local to the system, or on some NAS? What errors do
    you get?

What kind of characters are you using?
    They're on a NTFS disk. The characters I am using are standard foreign ones, including Ú, ß, ˇ, š, Ű, °, ğ and so on.

The "error" I get is that, while LMS appears to scan the library normally, the files and folders using those characters don't appear in the music library.

Quote Originally Posted by the nightfly View Post
    They're on a NTFS disk. The characters I am using are standard foreign ones, including Ú, ß, ˇ, š, Ű, °, ğ and so on.

The "error" I get is that, while LMS appears to scan the library normally, the files and folders using those characters don't appear in the music library.
    is 8.3 naming enabled for the drive ?

Setting arguments for LMS when it's running as a Windows service is done in the registry, See https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post975914

But it's important to have 8.3 file naming enabled for the disk using the fsutil command, also mentioned in that thread.