Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jotap_66 View Post
    It worked.

Thank you very much Jaca.

By the way, the version 8.1.1 is impressive....I had 7.7.x in my Synology. The Logitech work ( Michael Herger) is superb. It is very well integrated with the streaming services. I am using my Spotify account.

A last question. I am a newbie in Docker. Do you know, it the package updates are automatic.?

JP
    Glad it works for you. If you were on lms7.7 it's like brand new product

Check out material skin if you haven't.. You will not be coming back..
    Music artist information plugin is another one.. You want..

OK in terms of updating docker LMS.. It will not update automatically unless you install something like docker watchtower.. But manual update process is very simple and takes a minute or two..

Open two tabs with dsm docker in each on your browser.
    Stop current/old version => edit settings =>disable auto start and change ports to auto (in you in bridge mode)=>apply then open edit again for reference
    On 2nd tab download new lms image =>use identical settings as you had on old one (with correct ports) (make sure you point your /config to same folder as before) => start new one and you are updated
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    Glad it works for you. If you were on lms7.7 it's like brand new product

Check out material skin if you haven't.. You will not be coming back..
    Music artist information plugin is another one.. You want..

OK in terms of updating docker LMS.. It will not update automatically unless you install something like docker watchtower.. But manual update process is very simple and takes a minute or two..

Open two tabs with dsm docker in each on your browser.
    Stop current/old version => edit settings =>disable auto start and change ports to auto (in you in bridge mode)=>apply then open edit again for reference
    On 2nd tab download new lms image =>use identical settings as you had on old one (with correct ports) (make sure you point your /config to same folder as before) => start new one and you are updated

Thank you very much. As you tell me from 7.7 to 8.1 is as a brand new product.

By the way, a Spanish member of a music forum also told me about the ôMusic artist informationö 👌

Regards

JP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    You need to use dev tag for latest 8.2
    Can you tell where to put that 'dev tag' to update the lmscommunity LMS docker to 8.2? I don't know where to change that; don't see it in the environment variables.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPvC View Post
    Can you tell where to put that 'dev tag' to update the lmscommunity LMS docker to 8.2? I don't know where to change that; don't see it in the environment variables.

Thanks
    If you're using the interface in Synology Docker then downloading an image from the registry will normally result in a drop down menu from which to choose a version (it defaults to latest), or check the 'Tags' tab on the lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver Docker Hub page for the pull command if that's your method.

Quote Originally Posted by manx View Post
    If you're using the interface in Synology Docker then downloading an image from the registry will normally result in a drop down menu from which to choose a version (it defaults to latest), or check the 'Tags' tab on the lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver Docker Hub page for the pull command if that's your method.
    Thanks, I understand what you're saying.
    Since I am no experienced Docker / Linux user (and not quite sure about my capabilities here) I guess this would mean having to re-configure this container? This is why I currently update the docker container using Portainer to re-create it to the latest version. I wonder if this means it will automatically update to 8.2.0 if that becomes the latest stable version. I guess so but I'll have to wait I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPvC View Post
    Since I am no experienced Docker / Linux user (and not quite sure about my capabilities here) I guess this would mean having to re-configure this container?
    Yes but only the container. As long as you map the same same volumes in the new container, LMS itself will use the same config etc. Just be sure to stop the current LMS container if you're trying a newer image with the same volumes.
    Last edited by manx; 2021-06-25 at 06:52.

Quote Originally Posted by manx View Post
    Yes but only the container. As long as you map the same same volumes in the new container, LMS itself will use the same config etc. Just be sure to stop the current LMS container if you're trying a newer image with the same volumes.
    Managed to update to 8.2.0 now. Thanks!