Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

LMS 8.2.0 on Docker: update available notification?

I'm running LMS v8.2.0 from the LMScommunity Docker image on a Synology DS1511+ (which all works very well, thanks!)

I'm somewhat confused though about the "new version available" notifications that LMS gives (green up arrow in Material Skin).

I was on 8.2.0 - 1617991288 previously. Yesterday I changed the docker image to 8.2.0 - 1619728313 because of the 'new version available' notification.
    But I still get the notification, now I'm wondering what is going on? (Most probably it is my lack of understandig how Docker works )
    I suppose pushing a newer docker image will trigger the notification, even if it is the same 8.2.0 version number?

Thanks, Bart

Quote Originally Posted by BartS View Post
    I'm running LMS v8.2.0 from the LMScommunity Docker image on a Synology DS1511+ (which all works very well, thanks!)

I'm somewhat confused though about the "new version available" notifications that LMS gives (green up arrow in Material Skin).

I was on 8.2.0 - 1617991288 previously. Yesterday I changed the docker image to 8.2.0 - 1619728313 because of the 'new version available' notification.
    But I still get the notification, now I'm wondering what is going on? (Most probably it is my lack of understandig how Docker works )
    I suppose pushing a newer docker image will trigger the notification, even if it is the same 8.2.0 version number?

Thanks, Bart
    Well there is a new version
    8.2.0 - 1619905482 @ Sun May 2 00:14:35 CEST 2021

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

and I don't think Material knows about new Docker versions - it is simply reporting a new LMS or LMS plugin.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Well there is a new version
    8.2.0 - 1619905482 @ Sun May 2 00:14:35 CEST 2021
    Sure it is.
    It's just that I 'expected' to only get a notification once in while: e.g. when 8.2.1 becomes available.
    But 8.2.0 is the development version, so I should expect frequent changes.

If I want to find out the version number of the latest release: where should I look for that information?

Thanks, Bart

Sure it is.
    It's just that I 'expected' to only get a notification once in while: e.g. when 8.2.1 becomes available.
    But 8.2.0 is the development version, so I should expect frequent changes.

If I want to find out the version number of the latest release: where should I look for that information?

Thanks, Bart
    I have no idea about docker but the new version information is normally available from a link in the notification.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

lmscommunity docker problems

Hi:

I installed lmscomunity LMS on my Synology but the version I have is 8.1.1 not 8.2. Why?

I installed a dockerized version because I updated to last Perl version and Synology LMS does not work yet

I am having problems because dockerized LMS starts ok, but I can’t see my music files. The radios work ok.

What is happening? It could be a PGID, PUID problem? How can I find these ids?

May I check any permisions?

I have my music files in a NAS volume.

Regards

JP
    Last edited by jotap_66; 2021-05-03 at 13:44.

Quote Originally Posted by jotap_66 View Post
    Hi:

I installed lmscomunity LMS on my Synology but the version I have is 8.1.1 not 8.2. Why?

I installed a dockerized version because I updated to last Perl version and Synology LMS does not work yet

I am having problems because dockerized LMS starts ok, but I canĺt see my music files. The radios work ok.

What is happening? It could be a PGID, PUID problem? How can I find these ids?

May I check any permisions?

I have my music files in a NAS volume.

Regards

JP
    You need to use dev tag for latest 8.2
    Lack of local music is definitely permission issue. Check this post has link to find your puid without ssh..
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=1021414
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Thanks, Bart
    Just turn off your lms update notifications.. It make no sense as you would probably get them daily if you run dev branch.. Just keep it turn on for plugins and then update lms every month or so
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)