Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unable to add favorites

Hi:
    I listen to Old Time Radio on my four Logitech Squeezebox Radios. One by my computer, a second in my radio workshop, another in kitchen area and a fourth at the library where I am custodian. I also have some FM PBS stations on their favorite menus as well as broadcast outlets. In the past, I have been able to add radio station and other URL's to my favorites via the Logitech "mysqueezebox.com" website. A few broadcast URL's were not recognized and the website stated that fact.

I want to a add some of these URL's: https://rokitradio.com/#stationurls

But when I try to add any of these, nothing happens. There is no message stating that the URL is not compatible. Searching the web for Squeezebox information just gets me more confused. There is a Squeezebox forum that is over my head with technical info. I have never changed my radios to "smart" versions. The four radios are set for the original factory parameters.

And "Apps" get me even more confused. But I did add an app to my Squeezeboxes so I could listen to WBBM News Radio from Chicago. No longer recall just how I accomplished that feat. I used to be able to stream WBBM direct from their website. But then they changed to "radio.com" which forced me to add that app.

I also have the "Shoutcast" and BBC apps in my lists at "mysqueezebox" , but have never been successful at using them. So, I would appreciate someone explaining "apps" in general as might apply to my Squeezeboxes. I do not have a smartphone. I understand there are numerous apps for them, but of no use to me, I guess.

Can anyone lead me step by step to add the "ROKiT Radio" URL's? Or is it impossible with my squeezebox? If that is the case, are there other brands of internet radios that will readily accept most URL's.

Thanks,
    Ron Reeland

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Reeland View Post
    Hi:
    I listen to Old Time Radio on my four Logitech Squeezebox Radios. One by my computer, a second in my radio workshop, another in kitchen area and a fourth at the library where I am custodian. I also have some FM PBS stations on their favorite menus as well as broadcast outlets. In the past, I have been able to add radio station and other URL's to my favorites via the Logitech "mysqueezebox.com" website. A few broadcast URL's were not recognized and the website stated that fact.

I want to a add some of these URL's: https://rokitradio.com/#stationurls

But when I try to add any of these, nothing happens. There is no message stating that the URL is not compatible. Searching the web for Squeezebox information just gets me more confused. There is a Squeezebox forum that is over my head with technical info. I have never changed my radios to "smart" versions. The four radios are set for the original factory parameters.

And "Apps" get me even more confused. But I did add an app to my Squeezeboxes so I could listen to WBBM News Radio from Chicago. No longer recall just how I accomplished that feat. I used to be able to stream WBBM direct from their website. But then they changed to "radio.com" which forced me to add that app.

I also have the "Shoutcast" and BBC apps in my lists at "mysqueezebox" , but have never been successful at using them. So, I would appreciate someone explaining "apps" in general as might apply to my Squeezeboxes. I do not have a smartphone. I understand there are numerous apps for them, but of no use to me, I guess.

Can anyone lead me step by step to add the "ROKiT Radio" URL's? Or is it impossible with my squeezebox? If that is the case, are there other brands of internet radios that will readily accept most URL's.

Thanks,
    Ron Reeland
    First, ignore all the "smart radio" stuff. Not relevant and you don't want to do that. I went to the URL site you provided, copied the first URL (dr kildare), then went to mysqueezebox.com, logged in, clicked on FAVORITES, pasted the URL in the top box (step 1), gave it a name (step 2), and clicked add (step 3). then it shows up as a favorite at the bottom of the favorites list. I was then able to play this favorite on my squeezebox player. See picture.

Name:  Screenshot (36).png
Views: 130
Size:  72.9 KB
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Unable to add favorites

> I want to a add some of these URL's:
    > https://rokitradio.com/#stationurls

mysqueezebox.com can't play https URLs.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I want to a add some of these URL's:
    > https://rokitradio.com/#stationurls

mysqueezebox.com can't play https URLs.
    The actual stream URLs aren't https.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Just tried this for myself and oddly, the same thing is happening.

However, the first time I tried it, the favorite went straight in without problem.
    Now it just won't do it. I'm wondering if it's because the remote server is timing out.
    RadioFeeds UK & Ireland.. an up-to-date radio directory for your Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the mysqueezebox.com App Gallery.
    Bonus: our RadioFeeds LMS plugin also lists AAC and the BBC's high-quality HLS streams on top of what's available in our MSB app.
    Now with over 1000 registered users, it's available for Logitech Media Server (and Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter and SlimServer).
    Click for more info: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by vinnielo View Post

However, the first time I tried it, the favorite went straight in without problem.
    Now it just won't do it. I'm wondering if it's because the remote server is timing out.
    It seems you can add one but no more.

After adding one favourite on mysqueezebox.com I can't add any other favourites at all.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnielo View Post

If you exit the favourites list by clicking My Apps for example then click the favourites tab again you can add another favourite. You need to do this before you add each favourite. Very odd.

Unable to add favorites

> If you exit the favourites list by clicking My Apps for example then
    > click the favourites tab again you can add another favourite. You need
    > to do this before you add each favourite. Very odd.

Can you check the browser's JS console to see whether there's a client
    side problem?

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > If you exit the favourites list by clicking My Apps for example then
    > click the favourites tab again you can add another favourite. You need
    > to do this before you add each favourite. Very odd.

Can you check the browser's JS console to see whether there's a client
    side problem?
    Is this the right tab?
    Code:
    XML Parsing Error: syntax error
    Line Number 1, Column 1: