Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

How will Touch handle MQA stream?

I know Tidal offers MQA Master streams, and apparently Deezer does it as well for select titles (all though not officially).

So, if I happen to stumble into one of these in e.g. 24bit/96Khz what will the stream do to my Touch (I know the built in D/A does not support it, but lets say my external DAC does). Will it detect that I am running a device without MQA support and "downgrade" to a regular 16bit 44.1Khz flac, or will it play as a high res flac, as my DAC does handle MQA? How will it know that I have a MQA supported DAC?
    LMS 8.1.1 on Synology 213+ NAS. 3 x Squeezebox Touch with external Rega DAC.

Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland